True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    IC: I don't truly enjoy my job. It pays really well, supports my kids and I, is easy (yet boring most days), but I'm just blah about it. I wish I had a passion for something else to pursue, but I don't. Please tell me I'm not alone...
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    IC: I don't truly enjoy my job. It pays really well, supports my kids and I, is easy (yet boring most days), but I'm just blah about it. I wish I had a passion for something else to pursue, but I don't. Please tell me I'm not alone...

You're definitely not alone. All anyone wants is to feel relevant. For most the job is just a means to afford you the resources to do things you actually enjoy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options

You're not.

I know that a lot of people will say "who cares about the money, do something you enjoy!" But I don't think that's realistic. You need money to sustain a decent lifestyle.

Meh. the older I get the more I realize I REALLY don't need much to make me happy. If I think about things that truly bring me joy they all focus around who I was with more than anything I have ever bought or spent to have. Of course you need to work and have financial stability to keep the stress away, but the big issue now is people living well outside their needs and confusing wants as needs. Then they leverage their lives with credit to become stable monthly income for wealthy bankers. Their only lot in life is to get you into monthly payments forever, then eventually find ways to strip away your retirement money in the end. The BEST thing you can do is live as much as you can on a cash basis. I did this 20 years ago after amassing a great deal of debt keeping up with the Joneses and paying it off. Since then I have owned the same cars, fixed everything myself, only bought things cash I saved for, and been very happy with it. That actually allowed me to be happier with my job because I wasn't focused on having to do it, but enjoy just doing it.

Anyway...I am different though so everyone will get their own mileage out of it. There is plenty to be said for finding something you enjoy doing and finding ways to make a good living doing it.

What is subjective is how each of us defines a good living.
  • mspotts90
    mspotts90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I can't stop eating cookies! I am like the cookie monster.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »

You're not.

I know that a lot of people will say "who cares about the money, do something you enjoy!" But I don't think that's realistic. You need money to sustain a decent lifestyle.

Meh. the older I get the more I realize I REALLY don't need much to make me happy. If I think about things that truly bring me joy they all focus around who I was with more than anything I have ever bought or spent to have. Of course you need to work and have financial stability to keep the stress away, but the big issue now is people living well outside their needs and confusing wants as needs. Then they leverage their lives with credit to become stable monthly income for wealthy bankers. Their only lot in life is to get you into monthly payments forever, then eventually find ways to strip away your retirement money in the end. The BEST thing you can do is live as much as you can on a cash basis. I did this 20 years ago after amassing a great deal of debt keeping up with the Joneses and paying it off. Since then I have owned the same cars, fixed everything myself, only bought things cash I saved for, and been very happy with it. That actually allowed me to be happier with my job because I wasn't focused on having to do it, but enjoy just doing it.

Anyway...I am different though so everyone will get their own mileage out of it. There is plenty to be said for finding something you enjoy doing and finding ways to make a good living doing it.

What is subjective is how each of us defines a good living.

I agree, events in life have made me realize that most "things" aren't truly that important to me and I've been going through a process of simplifying and changing what I do for a living, etc. Realizing happiness is more important at this stage than just money.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    mspotts90 wrote: »
    I can't stop eating cookies! I am like the cookie monster.

tenor.gif
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    IC I don't give a *kitten* at the moment.
  • GoodrichFalbe
    GoodrichFalbe Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I’m always horny, even at times when I shouldn’t be..
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I’m always horny, even at times when I shouldn’t be..

tell me more, I love swords and sorcery stories
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    around the holidays I miss my mother and sister whom were taken way to soon....
  • PeakWellness
    PeakWellness Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How about a denial?
    I DENY.....starting that fire in the house owned by a guy who owed me money....
    vf1mx9vqq4i8.jpg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,456 Member
    Options
    How about a denial?
    I DENY.....starting that fire in the house owned by a guy who owed me money....
    vf1mx9vqq4i8.jpg

:o
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    I confess that after church Sunday I went to dinner with some friends, and had three White Russians then we went to another place for Karaoke where I had three Yeager shots and two Blue Moons and flirted shamelessly with a really cute younger guy who was flirting with me, then I gave him the wrong phone number at the end of the night because I got nervous! :grimace:
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    IC... I'm just too old for this *kitten* sometimes
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    IC: I'm an ugly cryer. I wish I was the kind who daintily wipes away her tears with lovely monogramed hankies, but no... I have the scrunched up face, makeup running down my face, multiple snotty nose blows into Kleenex with the aftermath being swollen eyes, puffy red cheeks and about 146 wet balled up Kleenex on the floor.
  • 123liveoak
    123liveoak Posts: 2,239 Member
    Options
    I buy frozen meatballs from the store

Should we not be doing this...i was unaware this was wrong?