Oven roasted turkey with skin

Options
We are roasting our turkey with the skin on. I am going to be eating the breast meat and removing the skin. I see multiple entries on MFP with calories ranging from 35 a ounce to over 100 a ounce. What should I do?

Replies

• toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I see an entry called: "Generic - Roasted Turkey White Meat Skinless"

I'd go with that.

Looks like most similar entries to that are 35-40 calories per ounce.
  • jasummers76
    jasummers76 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Thanks as always you're the best
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. The skin is the best part. I'll give up a couple extra carrots.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    To find entries for both meat and skin cooked, search for this exact phrase "turkey meat and skin cooked roasted"

vjr6bhxlzjzh.jpg
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    To find entries for individual retail parts, search for this exact phrase "turkey retail parts"

xk2q5qxnzaqn.jpg
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    another person throwing away the skin... omg.. :'(

You will be relieved to hear that I always eat the skin with my chicken breasts, on an every evening basis.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Graelwyn75 wrote: »
    another person throwing away the skin... omg.. :'(

You will be relieved to hear that I always eat the skin with my chicken breasts, on an every evening basis.

:flowerforyou: you have a beautiful soul skin eater!
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I like chicken skin, but weirdly enough have 0 interest in turkey skin. Someone else can have mine!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    Me me me me me

When i cook a turkey, i will eat the entire skin from the whole bird once it comes right out of the oven LOL
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    EAT IT AND ENJOY IT!
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Me me me me me

When i cook a turkey, i will eat the entire skin from the whole bird once it comes right out of the oven LOL

i try to. . gotta beat my dad to it first. .i got my hand slapped with a serving fork this year. . /snicker

We also still fight over the end of homemade fresh bread. . luckily there are 2 ends. I have been known to grab it and run because he has bad knees.I will be 40 really soon, my only defence is he is 62. Mom kicks us out of the kitchen and my husband hides in the living room reading magazines about shooting bambis mother.

lesson= adulting is hard and and she who has the bread wins the battle however he who has the butter won the war. . .
    eta. . luckily my brother lives out of state or there might have to be strategy involved.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options
    dwilliamca wrote: »
    I'm with you. The skin is the best part. I'll give up a couple extra carrots.

I not only eat the skin, I pan fry it separately so that it's flat super crispy. I do this w/chicken skin too. Yum! :)
  • jamespatten3576
    jamespatten3576 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    CyberTone wrote: »
    To find entries for both meat and skin cooked, search for this exact phrase "turkey meat and skin cooked roasted"

vjr6bhxlzjzh.jpg

I look at line #2 1 Turkey -8247 calories and I kinda wanna give it a shot. Maybe call it a cheat meal?
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options

vjr6bhxlzjzh.jpg

I look at line #2 1 Turkey -8247 calories and I kinda wanna give it a shot. Maybe call it a cheat meal?

It says 1 Turkey... but what size? I buy them massive, like 20lbs haha
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,978 Member
    Options

vjr6bhxlzjzh.jpg

It says 1 Turkey... but what size? I buy them massive, like 20lbs haha

I bought three 20# turkeys a couple of wks b4 TG. They were on sale for just 29 cents per pound. Couldn't resist but that's a lot of turkey.

Roadted and ate the 1st one in a week. Broke down and froze the other two and made over 2 gallons of stock from the bones. Slowly working my way thru the frozen parts.

Really don't care what the exact cals are w/or w/o skin. I weigh the meat/skin but close enough is good enough for me.

I've lost and maintained weight for over 18 months doing so but, if in doubt, I always log the higher amount. This works for me.