No ALcohol

Options

Replies

• missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Love wine and Bailey's, but would much rather "chew" my calories.
    Much more satisfaction for me from food vs: any drink. Water is my drink of choice now.
    Just the way it has to be for me.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I drink QUITE A LOT ON WEEKENDS!
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    When I started this lifestyle change I gave up beer... switched to tito's instead. LOL Seriously though, I don't drink often, we dont even have alcohol in the house unless we are having a party so the titos are far and few in between. Except for on St Patrick's day that is... :pB)o:)

I love Beer!!! But havent had one in months!!!

Why not have a Bud Select 55? Only 55 calories per bottle.
  • piffster12
    piffster12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't drink in general. But my goal here is to really increase my water intake!
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    The 'plan' is to limit alcohol on my bi-weekly cheating day (1/14) and in my annual 4 weeks of vacation. Just returned from the Caribbeans .... 4-6 drinks a day was the norm. This is the 'recovering week'.

Overall my alcohol consumption is still to high.
  • marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    saintor1 wrote: »
    The 'plan' is to limit alcohol on my bi-weekly cheating day (1/14) and in my annual 4 weeks of vacation. Just returned from the Caribbeans .... 4-6 drinks a day was the norm. This is the 'recovering week'.

Overall my alcohol consumption is still to high.

I for sure would probably indulge on vacation..
  • EEAngelina
    EEAngelina Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    When I started this lifestyle change I gave up beer... switched to tito's instead. LOL Seriously though, I don't drink often, we dont even have alcohol in the house unless we are having a party so the titos are far and few in between. Except for on St Patrick's day that is... :pB)o:)

just wondered what titos are? i'm not a big drinker, buy now that i'm trying to lose weight if my husband and I go for a drink or have a glass of wine at home, I make sure I take it off my calories for the day. I've wondered if its even worth it though......

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Having a measured out red wine this moment....125 calories/ 5 oz
  • StarryEyed0
    StarryEyed0 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Can't remember the last time I had a drink tbh its not worth the extra calories
  • bstyles1985
    bstyles1985 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    11/28/17 will be 7 months sober for me. I have lost a drastic amount of weight alone by staying away from the whiskey/coke and Budweiser. This is the best i've felt in years.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    11/28/17 will be 7 months sober for me. I have lost a drastic amount of weight alone by staying away from the whiskey/coke and Budweiser. This is the best i've felt in years.

Nice! My 5 month is coming up in a couple of days. Eliminating the food choices I made after drinking has been a game changer for me; I would melt full fat cheese over a plate full of corn chips or in a tortilla as common snack. Leftovers would vanish from the fridge; sometimes I basically ate a meal waiting for the nachos in the toaster oven. Between the alcohol and the food, it was like I did an extra day of eating.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I'm 2 1/2 years in without having one sip of alcohol. I was never a big drinker though and I lost a lot of weight drinking occasionally on the weekends so it wasn't for weight loss.

It just got to a point where my taste buds changed and I lost the taste for alcohol. Plus it just wasn't worth the calories - I only liked the super sweet, sugary, very high-calorie stuff.

I don't miss it/crave it at one bit.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I went for 9 days and failed the last 2.
  • saintor1
    saintor1 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I went for 9 days and failed the last 2.

lol ... that's my style as well (although I have no problem being strict with net calories counting). Wish me luck for the week-end. ;)
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I don't not drink, I just don't drink very often. I can't justify the calorie or monetary expense... I do enjoy nice wine with a good meal though, and celebrating special occasions with something (usually bubbles)

Same. Drinking just isn't worth it to me anymore. Would much rather stay in my deficit or eat something delicious.

Once I start going it's hard to stop. So I know 2 beers is going to turn into 4 (or more if we're being honest). One glass is going to turn into a bottle (or 2). Plus hangovers so no thanks.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Anyone else not drinking...
    Pretty much since I was 28. Saw no reason for alcohol since for me it made me somewhat aggressive. If I want to have a good time, I just have a good time.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• marygraci999
    marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I don't not drink, I just don't drink very often. I can't justify the calorie or monetary expense... I do enjoy nice wine with a good meal though, and celebrating special occasions with something (usually bubbles)

Same. Drinking just isn't worth it to me anymore. Would much rather stay in my deficit or eat something delicious.

Once I start going it's hard to stop. So I know 2 beers is going to turn into 4 (or more if we're being honest). One glass is going to turn into a bottle (or 2). Plus hangovers so no thanks.

I am the same way thats why I quit..
  • Johncalvinfields
    Johncalvinfields Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    No alcohol in a year. Been concentrating on my goal toward transformation
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I had to stop all alcohol over a year ago as it raised my blood sugar too much and just wasn't worth giving myself another insulin injection to deal with that.
  • Forgeahead2018
    Forgeahead2018 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Great thread - any concrete suggestions re how to give up or moderate drinking? I find it is a part of my social personality now and when I say I am not drinking, I feel like I am letting down the people I am out with! It’s ridiculous! I suspect I have a binge drinking problem - lots of trouble stopping or moderating intake when out. I know I need to give up these empty calories to get healthier.