Chicken breasticles, but no idea what to do with it!

Options
Hi,
So this is my situation. My partner works on a thursday night & i never cook myself anything to eat on those nights.....But i decided today that, nup, get something & bloody cook it for yourself....so i have chicken breast.....I dont know what to do with it to make it yummy but healthy.
Any ideas are welcome, bring it on!! lol :bigsmile:

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    grill it. add some steamed veg and sweet potato fries. my go-to quick meal. there's sometimes even enough cals left for some gravy or cheese sauce!
  • jamielise2
    jamielise2 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I put herbs and onions on it, then bake in a foil pouch at 425 degrees Farenheit for about 45 minutes. Juicy and tasty.
  • abra526
    abra526 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I cut my chicken up into bite sized pieces, marinate in Kraft Light Honey Dijon dressing, then cook in in a pan on the stove top. The dressing gives it a great flavor. I use it to top salads (to recreate a healthy version of the Cracker Barrel grilled chicken salad) or eat with brown rice.
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Chop it into cubes and throw it into a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil, garlic, seasoned salt, whatever your fav seasonings are.

Or cube it and throw it into a skillet with salsa- then sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Eat it with a fork or a tortilla :)

Spray Pam on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle garlic on all sides of the chicken and place on pan. Pour some hotsauce (franks) over the top and bake for about 30 min.
  • sknopps
    sknopps Posts: 166
    Options
    love these suggestions- will try some soon!
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I like to grill mine and top with a little bit of marinara and maybe a tiny bit of shredded mozzerella - serve with whole wheat pasta and steamed broccoli

Sort of like a very low cal chicken parmesan - but no parmesan, no breading. But still tasty. You get your protein and your fiber! :)
  • RagtimeLady
    RagtimeLady Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Butterfly it, pound it flat, smear with some pureed chipotles in adobo (SPICY!!! WARNING!!!) and broil. Cut into strips. Serve in a low-fat, low-carb tortilla with some lettuce and fat free sour cream... YUM!

You can butterfly any chicken breast and marinate it or rub it with your favorite spice rub and broil. Always works, quick to cook.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    yeah, put a nice rub on it & grill it (mmm) or ... fry it in a tiny bit of oil, cut into strips - add some alfredo sauce, throw it over fettucini pasta & you have chicken fettucini alfredo - delicious!
  • MoveLoveEat
    MoveLoveEat Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Coat in burrito seasoning and cook, add veges and some kind of carb - I tend to do home made potatoe fries.

Or chop up and add into a tortilla or rice rissotto, yum yum!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Chicken is the best. So versatile. Some weeks I've had a chicken breast grilled on my George Foreman grill every night, and never had the same thing twice. It's all about the spices. You can rub them directly on the chicken, or put them in a little olive oil to make a marinade.
    Try marinating in Italian dressing. Or use a pre-mixed "Italian spice," or just mix up some oregano & basil with a little garlic.
    Sprinkle with curry and red chili powder for an Indian taste.
    black pepper, salt, red chili powder and cocoa powder makes a good combination too
    Spicy cajun: salt, onion powder, red chili powder or chili flakes, & garlic
    BBQ: 2 tbsp salt, 2 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic, ½ tsp cumin
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I throw mine in a crockpot with some pasta sauce and let it cook on high for 4 hours. Before taking them out, I top them with a couple slices of Provolone and let them melt before serving. Serve with steamed veggies and lunch/dinner is quick and easy!
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    Cool, thanks guys, sounds like a very tasty bunch of ideas you have given me....I normally just crumb my chicken or have it in stirfry's....I love a stirfry but would like something different.

sorry to seem a bit dumb here but what is Broiling? lol
  • Melinda77w
    Options
    Chicken is the best. So versatile. Some weeks I've had a chicken breast grilled on my George Foreman grill every night, and never had the same thing twice. It's all about the spices. You can rub them directly on the chicken, or put them in a little olive oil to make a marinade.
    Try marinating in Italian dressing. Or use a pre-mixed "Italian spice," or just mix up some oregano & basil with a little garlic.
    Sprinkle with curry and red chili powder for an Indian taste.
    black pepper, salt, red chili powder and cocoa powder makes a good combination too
    Spicy cajun: salt, onion powder, red chili powder or chili flakes, & garlic
    BBQ: 2 tbsp salt, 2 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp paprika, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp garlic, ½ tsp cumin

Thanks so much for given me actual details, lolol......I'm a bit of an L plater in the kitchen, just learning. :-)
  • Patti619
    Options
    Cut it into cubes, with a little olive oil. Toss it in the skillet with some salt, pepper, and a touch of garlic powder, then throw in a thinnly sliced green apple, cinnamon and pie spice if you have it ( or five spice with anise) and toss it around until its cooked through. Then, prepare for awesomeness- just had it for dinner myself!
  • rss323
    rss323 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's the definition of broiling. You can do a google search of "how to broil chicken" for details. Personally, I like baking because it's easier :-)

broil 1 (broil)
    v. broiled, broil·ing, broils
    v.tr.
    1. To cook by direct radiant heat, as over a grill or under an electric element.
    2. To expose to great heat.
    v.intr.
    To be exposed to great heat.
    n.
    1. The act of broiling or the condition of being broiled.
    2. Food, especially meat, that is broiled.
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    Broiling is a US term- the UK equivalent is grilling.
  • Mathisfun
    Mathisfun Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • skatw
    skatw Posts: 28
    Options
    bump!
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Broil is what I do with the top super hot element in the oven,but I prefer to just bake something.