Widowed

2Racks
2Racks Posts: 3,677 Member
Was recently widowed in July of this year, I have three kids ranging in ages from 3-13, anybody else kinda going through something similar. It’s been really hard on me, looking for support.

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    I am so sorry for your loss! I cannot relate but will keep your family in my prayers :)
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Bump this thread so that other widowers can give advice etc
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I'm so sorry. I am divorced, so not the same situation, but single parenting is exceptionally hard, especially when you are trying to process your own grief while being supportive of your children's grief. Try to keep communication with your children open. Listen when they need to talk and let them know that you are also grieving and explain how you are coping (or not, if that is the case)
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Sorry to hear this, didn't realise it was only a short time ago. Im not a widow but imagine it must be so hard suddenly being mum and dad to your kids.. its important you talk to and listen to them but you need someone too.
  • Testosterone
    Testosterone Posts: 236 Member
    I became a widow in April. I have two small children, ages 4 and 5. Sorry for your loss, I know EXACTLY what you’re feeling. It’s confusing, feeling like you’ve been ripped from your life. An alternate reality. Message me if you want!
  • caylawelch1989
    caylawelch1989 Posts: 6 Member
    The above post was me. Sorry, didn’t realize I was logged in to my husbands old account. I like to have him on my friends to keep me motivated.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    ^^^^^^^Wut???
  • SneakyVee
    SneakyVee Posts: 640 Member
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

Lol!
  • caylawelch1989
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

I made a new MFP today. I was logged into my husband’s old account, as I wanted to add myself from there. So, yeah.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

I made a new MFP today. I was logged into my husband’s old account, as I wanted to add myself from there. So, yeah.

Ok so your husband passed? I was confused. Im absolutely sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.
  • caylawelch1989
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

Ok so your husband passed? I was confused. Im absolutely sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.

Yes, he passed in April. It might sound weird, but I thought having his account on my friends list would help me stay motivated.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

Yes, he passed in April. It might sound weird, but I thought having his account on my friends list would help me stay motivated.

Doesn't sound weird. Makes perfect sense. I'm sure he'd want you to continue your journey and is cheering you on
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    2Racks wrote: »
    Was recently widowed in July of this year, I have three kids ranging in ages from 3-13, anybody else kinda going through something similar. It’s been really hard on me, looking for support.

So sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you must be going through. I hope you can find the support you need.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    I'm confused
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

So sorry for your loss ..
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited November 2017
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

I became a widow in April. I have two small children, ages 4 and 5. Sorry for your loss, I know EXACTLY what you’re feeling. It’s confusing, feeling like you’ve been ripped from your life. An alternate reality. Message me if you want!

Oh. I'm sorry for your loss. <3 I understand now. I was confused. I first thought you meant the above being "The above OP 2Racks" I didn't realize the above that you mean't was "Testosterone." Again, apologies. And very sorry for your loss.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    So sorry for both of your losses. I can't imagine having to deal with that and raise your children.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    ^^^^^^^Wut???

Not weird at all and sorry for your and everyone else's loss. My father passed in July and I'll do everything possible to keep his last voicemail.