Over 200 Club: Week 2 (open group)

Options

Replies

• sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I'm ready! I actually bought a Pilates DVD today (I've done it in the past) and started with that today. But I'm looking for another good DVD for cardio. Does anyone have any suggestions of a good workout DVD?

113233.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

My hubby and I bought that p90x haven't started it yet, but over the weekend my sis in law wanted to try it to see if she liked it, she ordered one last night! She's in love with it, she said they have different levels to start with and you build up on them, think I'll get up at 5 tomorrow and take a test drive :indifferent:
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    Well Yesterday I didn't workout it's a rest day. Today is gym night though. Sat I on;y 30 min of cardio, 5 min was jogging, this is a big step for me to be able to do. Tonight will be the same. I need to go get a cardio DVD for at home between gym days. That way I can get good cardio in , the stairs are hard on my knees and I can't go up and down them long enough to get my heart rate up. It looks like it's a nice day again today so maybe I will take my DD for a walk, we will see. I need to clean my kitchen today, asm essy as it is my heart rate might go up just getting it clean :tongue:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Today was not my norm. I must have pulled something from stretching at home to getting to the gym and getting my son out I pulled something in my back.:noway: I went ahead with my workout thinking hopfully the pain will work itself out. Not such luck I was on the elliptical for 20 min when I gave up. Now I am home and its not so easy to move so not sure how I will do this week with the challenge I will try. Good luck all. I am drinking my water at least 8 glasses a day if not more. :happy:
  • laurajane81
    Options
    I hope this counts cos im out of breath lol... i just did a walk for 40 min in gthe snow/ice with a buggy full of shopping up hills i nearly feel so many times...x
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    Put me down for 40 minutes on the elliptical! The longest I've ever done! I'm SO proud of myself! :)
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Count me in for 60minutes of Cardio today I did WATP 4mile.:drinker: .....*Monday*
  • dvoross
    Options
    WOW! Go away for the weekend and it things really get interesting! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend! Keep up the FABULOUS work all!!!!

Here are my postings for the weekend for water and cardio:

Friday 2/6 96 oz water 30 mins cardio
    Saturday 2/7 112 oz water 60 mins cardio
    Sunday 2/8 64 oz water 20 mins cardio

Just had a 5 hour drive home so no cardio as of yet. The day is only half over though.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yayyyy, great challenge that.

I'm doing OK with my calories, but I have to confess to being a real beginner at exercise.

I work full time and its still dark and cold in the mornings/evenings here,so I do a brisk walk at lunchtime and that's about it so far.

I'm way too self conscious to go to class, has anyone any suggestions where I can begin? Go easy on me, I really need to start gently!

Luv Flois

I havent joined this challenge because I already do 2 others. I go to step class in the mornings at the rec center. I was self conscious when I first started going because these women were skinny and were so good at it. I started close to 300 lbs and I am 259 now and I love going to step class now. And believe or not none of those women ever thought bad about me or my weight. They are actually proud of the accomplishment that I have done so far and urge me to do more. I would say go and give it a try. If you find that you cant handle it then you can stop but it never hurts to try.

Connie
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    This sounds like a great group with a great challenge. I know this has been going for awile but could I join also? I really need the extra push to get my cardio in.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    This sounds like a great group with a great challenge. I know this has been going for awile but could I join also? I really need the extra push to get my cardio in.

Hey! Of course you can join. We are an open group so we take new members ALL the time! Just get me your current weight and your goal weight (in three weeks). Start your cardio (this weeks challenge) and get involved on the board... It makes it so much easier!
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I logged 40 mins of cardio today. Went to the Y and did an interval session on the treadmill. I also did 10 min of strength training. Haven't gotten all my water in yet for the day, only 4 or 5 glasses so far.
  • hamilton_mom
    Options
    Ok...my water is still way up there...I'm doing ok with my calories....but this week's challenge is ....my enemy. ;) Especially this week...I'm a little under the weather and hardly feel like being out of bed the thought of actually moving is exausting....So no one hold it against me for non-participation. :tongue: I keep trying to get going, but this cold is winning.

So....ya'll keep it up....I do feel a little quilty each time I check and everyone else is posting their awesome numbers....maybe it will get me out from the covers and onto the eliptical ;0)
  • KatieEppers
    KatieEppers Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Today was not my norm. I must have pulled something from stretching at home to getting to the gym and getting my son out I pulled something in my back.:noway: I went ahead with my workout thinking hopfully the pain will work itself out. Not such luck I was on the elliptical for 20 min when I gave up. Now I am home and its not so easy to move so not sure how I will do this week with the challenge I will try. Good luck all. I am drinking my water at least 8 glasses a day if not more. :happy:

so sorry to hear this. Hope you get better soon.
  • abagwill
    abagwill Posts: 222
    Options
    Ok...my water is still way up there...I'm doing ok with my calories....but this week's challenge is ....my enemy. ;) Especially this week...I'm a little under the weather and hardly feel like being out of bed the thought of actually moving is exausting....So no one hold it against me for non-participation. :tongue: I keep trying to get going, but this cold is winning.

So....ya'll keep it up....I do feel a little quilty each time I check and everyone else is posting their awesome numbers....maybe it will get me out from the covers and onto the eliptical ;0)
    Awww... no fun for having a cold :ohwell: Even if you did 10 minutes of cardio, it might help you sweat the cold out of you... I know when I get sick, i feel HORRIBLE when I workout but I do a less strenuous workout, I break a sweat and feel better SO much faster. Don't let outside forces slow you down EVEN A PESKY Cold. Keep yourself hydrated and get lots of rest and you will feel much better... Take care!
  • rosered51
    Options
    46 minutes of cardio so far today...went for a walk with my work buddy...getting ready to go do some more while I watch the tv...wish me luck!:laugh:

Doing great with my water still also...not as much over the weekend but still 9 glasses each day...I am continuing to make water a priority! It is so filling!
  • pegm
    pegm Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Monday cardio - 60 mins. ugg, my shins were hurting so I had to slow down to 3 mph and use weights to keep my heart rate up... what ever works (got my water in too)
  • rosered51
    Options
    OK add another 20 minutes with Jillian kicking my FANNY HARD!!!:sad: Level One 30 day shred...I can't believe how much stronger:drinker: I am after just 2 times...just can't wait to see where I'll be at the end of 30 days!:bigsmile:

Soooo that makes 66 minutes today!:happy:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I'm impressed with everyone's numbers! Keep up the great work!

Checking in with:

2/7 -- 0 cardio (rest day)
    2/8 -- 20 minutes cardio
    2/9 - 68 minutes cardio
  • aml0484
    aml0484 Posts: 425
    Options
    Thanks for letting me join. My starting weight is 226.8
  • abetterme
    Options
    I got 30 minutes of cardio in with WATP late last night and I just did another 30 minutes.:flowerforyou: