Breathe Out the Fat!

Options
13»

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Every time I scroll past this I read it as, "breathe out the fart" and tbh it kind of suits the woo-factor of this diet

Very nearly shot scalding hot coffee out my nose.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    This is not a new fad. This first came out in the 70s when they were wearing leotards and leg warmers to the ladies only gym. I even bought the VHS!

Yes. We had Oxycise and BodyFlex. Greer was all the rage and her facial exercises were the bomb. Here's a short video demonstration (~2 minutes) for those who did not have the experience in years gone by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxpXgS5deU

Oh good God! I cant believe I'm admitting it, but i just did the exercises along with her :flushed: I shall not be partaking in "the lion" again...
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna be so skinny! Just watch me breathe... :D
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Gah! This inexplicably showed up in my news feed this morning - I can't even. It's called the "Long Breath" diet.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/long-breath-diet-miki-ryosuke-former-japanese-actor-breathes-away-28-pounds-and-5-inches-video

If you don't want to click (and who could blame you, it might show up in your newsfeed next), the "diet" consists of two types of deep breathing exercises while tightening specific muscles. The explanation for why it works:

" Jill Johnson, creator of the Oxycise, told Oddity Central that because fat is made up of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen, the oxygen breathed reaches the fat molecules and breaks them down to carbon dioxide and water. As a result, the blood picks up the carbon dioxide and returns it to the lungs to be exhaled. "Therefore the more oxygen we our bodies use, the more fat we will burn," said Johnson. The combination of exercise and breathing will boost your metabolism and lead to weight loss."

Thought I'd get a jump on the "Who wants to do the Long Breath diet with me!!" threads...

Technically, a "combination of exercise and breathing" is how you lose weight. When you eat you are replacing what you breathed out. When you eat too much you gain weight because you aren't breathing out enough to make up for what you are gaining.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    kpk54 wrote: »
    This is not a new fad. This first came out in the 70s when they were wearing leotards and leg warmers to the ladies only gym. I even bought the VHS!

Yes. We had Oxycise and BodyFlex. Greer was all the rage and her facial exercises were the bomb. Here's a short video demonstration (~2 minutes) for those who did not have the experience in years gone by:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyxpXgS5deU

Oh good God! I cant believe I'm admitting it, but i just did the exercises along with her :flushed: I shall not be partaking in "the lion" again...

I used to do these exercises as a young teenager...I had found my mom's vhs' and would do this after school :D
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    Gah! This inexplicably showed up in my news feed this morning - I can't even. It's called the "Long Breath" diet.

http://www.medicaldaily.com/long-breath-diet-miki-ryosuke-former-japanese-actor-breathes-away-28-pounds-and-5-inches-video

If you don't want to click (and who could blame you, it might show up in your newsfeed next), the "diet" consists of two types of deep breathing exercises while tightening specific muscles. The explanation for why it works:

" Jill Johnson, creator of the Oxycise, told Oddity Central that because fat is made up of oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen, the oxygen breathed reaches the fat molecules and breaks them down to carbon dioxide and water. As a result, the blood picks up the carbon dioxide and returns it to the lungs to be exhaled. "Therefore the more oxygen we our bodies use, the more fat we will burn," said Johnson. The combination of exercise and breathing will boost your metabolism and lead to weight loss."

Thought I'd get a jump on the "Who wants to do the Long Breath diet with me!!" threads...

Technically, a "combination of exercise and breathing" is how you lose weight. When you eat you are replacing what you breathed out. When you eat too much you gain weight because you aren't breathing out enough to make up for what you are gaining.

Except the exercise consists of doing a couple of breathing exercises while tightening muscles for 5 minutes a day. The person pushing this, um, weight loss technique, lost 28 pounds doing this daily (and so can you!)

"For former Japanese actor Miki Ryosuke, weight loss was as easy as breathing. Inhaling and exhaling helped the now turned dieting guru lose 28 lbs. and 5 inches in just 50 days".

I expect if I were to click on the video links I would find that the diet also requires a bunch of expensive detoxes and healthy shakes to go along with the magic breathing, since a "dieting guru" can hardly make a living just telling people to breathe.