Go to Kitchen Tool or Appliance

Options

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    My mini food processor, food scale, crock pot, and Kitchen Aid mixer.
  • maura_tasi
    maura_tasi Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I have several. My vitamix, kitchenaid, spiralizer, large chef knife, scale, and immersion blender (hand held blender!) oh and can't forget the crockpot!
  • Anotherone8
    Anotherone8 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’ve got too many to mention, but I live my hand held cheese slicer!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Henckels knife set
    Pyrex measuring cups
    Digital scale
    Teflon, copper, and cast iron pots and pans
    Tea infuser
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    coffee maker, blender(for smoothies, ice cream and such) and microwave
  • astronaught
    astronaught Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I did the whole minimalism tidying up thing in every room but my kitchen. I haven't been able to part with any of my beloved kitchen tools yet.

The things that get the most use are my mandoline slicer, instant pot, death box, and immersion blender.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Sunbeam toaster....an antique that makes perfect toast,stovetop,my oven & cast iron skillet.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    My grandma's cast iron skillet. Nothing cooks like a cast iron skillet that's older than I am.
  • eastside87
    eastside87 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Coffee Pot & NutriBullet
  • ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    orangegato wrote: »
    Digital scale
    Vitamix
    Santoku knife
    Chef's knife
    Spatula
    Toaster
    Toast tongs
    Microwave
    Colander
    Scissors
    Apple slicer/corer
    Coffee grinder
    Refrigerator - haha

Never would have thought the toaster on the list haha. When we moved into our new house I almost contemplating throwing it out. I just don't like the idea of a one purpose appliance...lol but the wife had to have it.

Believe it or not...I grind my morning coffee with the milling blade of my nutribullet haha...and I use the 1 oz water per 1 gram of coffee ratio...I measure out with my digital scale
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    A large chef's knife and a spiralizer. I'm all about the zoodles these days.

Slow cooker and spiralizer I also have a zester that I use to mince garlic and ginger that i use a lot!

What spiralizer brand do you use/recommend? @aeloine @sarasmiles124

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    At this time of year especially my late Father's Sabatier carving knife.

It's got a lovely patina from many decades of use and triggers such a strong memory of my Dad sharpening it at the family dinner table with a theatrical flourish.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    My 12 inch cast iron skillet which is seasoned beautifully and no one is permitted to use it and soap has never touched its surface.
    My stainless steel and red old vitamix which is still gorgeous and works like a priceless war tank!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The first time I ever learned that "mandolin" described a slicer was when my wife's cousin showed me how she sliced off a quarter of her finger with a mandolin. Last month. Poor girl. She used a 1911 pistol to shoot a hole in her living room floor once, and now she's used a slicer to slice off part of a finger. It's a wonder she raised 7 kids to adulthood. I love her dearly, but some people shouldn't have tools.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    My daughter and granddaughters played and played with my bench scraper while they were here Christmas. They said they had never seen one. I have always had one in my house, since way before daughter was born, but she was a tomboy, didn't cook much growing up.
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Love my old time pressure cooker. Also, can't be without Kitchen Aid mixer w/attachments, a pair of scissors in the kitchen is a must, mini food processor, crock pot...and the Ulu knife & bowl/cutting board purchased in Alaska. Really thought the Ulu was simply a tourist gimmick for travelers...BUT...after having it for the last 6 years, I really love it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, if ever needed. https://www.lehmans.com/product/lehmans-ulu-knife-and-bowl-set/?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&utm_campaign=42774&zmam=32933335&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=42774&partner_id=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NB_PLA_ULUKnifeBowl_GOOG&utm_term=shopping&utm_content=sUSnK3fRW_dc

Also, love my old time apple peeler, slicer and corer.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    veggie bullet have been using this several times a week ), nutri bullet ( use every day ) and air fryer oven ( use almost every day !) are my favorites for helping me stay on my eating plan. have a 34 year old Vita mix and my son just got me the new vitamix 5200! and my sister got me a 8 qt instant pot 9 i n one ( now I need to learn how to use it !)
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    I've had more than my share of gadgets over the years. Still have more than I need. But the real go to is a jerry-rigged double boiler using a 1 1/2 Qt. pot and a stainless steel bowl.

The Instant Pot ordered on impulse last week was delivered yesterday. Instruction manual is in the reading pile. Trying to remember why I wanted it.

Oh yeah, thought of something else. Double sided Arkansas oil stone and assorted Japanese water stones.
  • OldHobo
    OldHobo Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Love my old time pressure cooker. Also, can't be without Kitchen Aid mixer w/attachments, a pair of scissors in the kitchen is a must, mini food processor, crock pot...and the Ulu knife & bowl/cutting board purchased in Alaska. Really thought the Ulu was simply a tourist gimmick for travelers...BUT...after having it for the last 6 years, I really love it and wouldn't hesitate to buy another, if ever needed. https://www.lehmans.com/product/lehmans-ulu-knife-and-bowl-set/?utm_medium=shoppingengine&utm_source=googlebase&utm_campaign=42774&zmam=32933335&zmas=1&zmac=1&zmap=42774&partner_id=&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=NB_PLA_ULUKnifeBowl_GOOG&utm_term=shopping&utm_content=sUSnK3fRW_dc

Also, love my old time apple peeler, slicer and corer.
    Don't watch much reality tv but got hooked on Life Below Zero about Alaskan wilderness subsistence living. Never heard of an Ulu but mightily impressed watching Agnes Hailstone skin a salmon, or a seal, or just chop carrots with it.
    ybubm0gzn4f1.jpg