Food Addiction

Options
Hey all, I've used MFP off and on for several years but brand new to the community message boards. I struggle with food addiction and hoping to find accountability partners to keep me motivated and on track. Thanks for reading, have a great day.

Replies

• tabithadawnr6950
    Options
    Same girl. Same. Food junkie over here! Let's be that support!
  • Susy752017
    Susy752017 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me on your fitness journey. I started Monday and today was pretty tough!!! I'm addicted to bread and can't stop eating it. obviously for this planning and my new diet I have restricted myself 160g a day as it's my only main carbohydrate. I could easily eat 500 g a day and it wouldn't be wholemeal either! Good luck and let's do this!!

• kimb00p
    kimb00p Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yess! When I’m eating breakfast I think about what I can eat for lunch. And when I’m eating lunch I think about what yumminess I should eat for dinner.
  • dburch47
    dburch47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Food addict here! Big time. Especially when I’m stressing and need a comfort source. My husband is the same way. Thing is if one of us goes downhill so does the other one. So I am throwing out basically all bread and temptations.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    dburch47 wrote: »
    Food addict here! Big time. Especially when I’m stressing and need a comfort source. My husband is the same way. Thing is if one of us goes downhill so does the other one. So I am throwing out basically all bread and temptations.

Best of success. It was a hellish two weeks when I failed to taper off of sugar and grains so left them cold turkey. Then the cravings started to fade fast. After the first 30 days starting Oct 2014 my craving control was underway and my health started recovering and now three years later I am still off of sugar and all forms of all grains. Yes I tried Carb Loading about 3 times and it was NOT worth it to me.

It makes me so happy to see young people to start being concerned about how they eat. My life may have been much better had I changed my Way Of Eating 40 years ago. Nevertheless I am well pleased with how my quality of life has improved over the past three years and I expect that to continue.
  • JenLosesIt
    JenLosesIt Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I go through moments of awesome willpower and moments of eating whole packages of cookies. Definitely need support and accountability! I have about 65lbs to lose after I lost 105 and gained 60 back. Please add me if you are looking for positive support! ♥️