Pregnancy – August 2011

Options

Replies

• ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Rachel – that’s a tough decision. I don’t like to wait for appointment or sit in the waiting room but if you’re calling because you baby is sick I’d think they’d get you in right away. Don’t let anyone tell you that your baby is too big, you can do it!!!

Jen – some people are just gross. One of my co-workers asked me the other week if I wanted to use her tester “just to see what my levels are”, uhhh, no thanks.

Victoria – yea for good glucose results and normal kidney measurements!!!!!!

Julz – glad you get to relax for two weeks, enjoy!

Melissa – how was Davide?? I’m a big fan of Kitchen Nightmares.

Marie – have fun on your trip!

Hi and welcome to anyone is missed. It’s a crazy day at work so I’m trying to catch up here and I can’t keep my eyes open today.

I was about two blocks away from my office this morning and I realized I was still in my flip flops. We just had a huge meeting about “appropriate foot wear” last week, so I’m hiding at my desk. I have one client coming in today and a possible court hearing. Half the time I’m not needed at court, so I’ve got my fingers crossed that I won’t get called in.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Baby moved up a box!!!
  • meokk
    meokk Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Rachel - fingers crossed for you, too be about the infection, FIVE ! that's just crazy. Wondering something - will you bother with the cervical check next time? I've heard over and over that they are almost useless and trying to decide if I will decline them ( unless there is a medical need)

Jen - Yuk, sharing a needle basically - some people just don't think do they !!

Ron - whoops ! I've done that before as well and worn casual clothes forgetting I have a big meeting, arrgggh.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Rachel - fingers crossed for you, too be about the infection, FIVE ! that's just crazy. Wondering something - will you bother with the cervical check next time? I've heard over and over that they are almost useless and trying to decide if I will decline them ( unless there is a medical need)

I thought about turning them down but by that time I wanted them just for my own info (even though i knew it meant nothing)... they didn't hurt or bother me though.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Popping in with an update since I've been missing in action from MFP.
    My daughter and I were on vacation last week. Hubby stayed back to work (poor guy).
    I was given Insulin yesterday. Not a big deal but I think I'm going to need a higher dose since my numbers are still above target in the morning (fasting). I'm only on 3 units right now. We'll see what the next few days indicates.
    I am meeting with a new OB on Monday (which is also my 13th wedding anniversary) .. I can think of a few other ways I'd prefer to spend the afternoon than in a medical office!
    The doctor I've been seeing the entire pregnancy is a family doctor who happens to do obstetrics. She wants me to see an actual OB because of the Gestational Diabetes.

Other than that there's nothing going on. My blood pressure is staying good and I'm happy about that. I'm eating as healthy as possible, making better choices. DH on the other hand keeps buying stuff for me that I can't eat so that's annoying!
    Only 8-10 more weeks of this fiasco. I feel like a human pin cushion between the finger pricking 8 times a day and the Insulin shot before bed!
  • sullivan1011
    sullivan1011 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    bump*
    Category A andB
  • mukie89
    mukie89 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    rachel- hope baby decides to move down sometime soon. what were the symptoms of your bladder infection? i imagine its hard to tell when urinating constantly due to the pregnancy. I was prone to them pre-pregnancy so would like to know what to look out for

rachael- sorry about the extreme lack of sleep, i hope she starts getting into a more sustainable rhythm soon

ronya- davide was great! unfortunately i didnt see anyone from the show and it was a tad pricey but the service was great, the food came out fast and was totally delicious!!! Also had to stop at mikes pastry for a chocolate dipped cannoli afterwards, so yummy!

my coworker cooked for 8 hours last night to make our work team an indian buffet! i am going to try and control portion size but theres so much and it looks sooooooo good. im still having the odd tummy cramp on my right side while im sitting at work but nothing to intense. Baby has definitly grown alot this week! im having the dilemma o0f whether or not to continue wearing a bra: if i do it feel too tight when the baby is moving up high, but if i dont my growing breasts seem to make it hard to breathe. hmmm
  • MamaRandall
    MamaRandall Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just stopping by real quick to announce that my sweet little baby girl is here. After 36 hours of labor (and no pain medication), she came into this world on July 29th. She was 8lbs 1 oz. 20 1/2 inches and just absolutely beautiful!!! Her name is Charli Addison and we absolutely LOVE HER!!!! She's been a very good baby so far but is making my nipples VERY SORE!!! (any advice on that would be much appreciated). Her older brother and sister have also absolutely loved her and are such great help too!!! I'll get pictures up as soon as my husband can help me with that...... or if someone here will tell me how???
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Hey everyone! Just stopping by real quick to announce that my sweet little baby girl is here. After 36 hours of labor (and no pain medication), she came into this world on July 29th. She was 8lbs 1 oz. 20 1/2 inches and just absolutely beautiful!!! Her name is Charli Addison and we absolutely LOVE HER!!!! She's been a very good baby so far but is making my nipples VERY SORE!!! (any advice on that would be much appreciated). Her older brother and sister have also absolutely loved her and are such great help too!!! I'll get pictures up as soon as my husband can help me with that...... or if someone here will tell me how???

Whoo hoo! I have been thinking about you. Congrats. WOW 36 hours of labor, you are amazing. My nipples are very sore as wel :( No solution so far. As for pictures, go to www.photobucket.com and upload your pictures. Then copy the image code into here! (make the IMG lowercase after you paste it in here). I can't wait to see her!
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I used nipple shields at first, what a god sent! They saved mine. Also it could be her latch. And they make cream that helps to but I can't remember what it's called. Congrads on your baby girl! You should get a metal or something for 36 hrs of labor, way to go! :noway:
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies,

This thread is moving too fast for me. ;o) The baby has been consuming my life. Which I guess is a good thing. :o)

Rachel: I hope you have good news with your ultrasound. I would always cramp after being checked too. You are so close. I can't wait to see your LO.

Edan is doing well, I just wish she would sleep more at night. I have never done well not getting enough sleep. So I am struggling. I usually had to have at least 8 hours. Haha, that isn't happening at all now. I just hope I can keep going this way, or that Miss Edan will go a bit longer before needing to eat at night. At least she hasn't done the every hour thing for a few nights. That was a killer. I do try to nap in the day, but that is easier said than done. I do need to not worry about all the housework, but I do. I also

can't relax enough to sleep much. Sheesh. At least I get a little bit in the day.
    . Ahhhhh welcome to motherhood. I feel for you. Just remember this to shall pass. I was a hot mess with ds. It was so overwhelming and the sleep depervation just makes it worse. Do u swaddle? What about white noise? I noticed kayoed as slept better with a nuk at night. Just some ideas. I would recommend the book the happiest baby on the block. After reading it and using his method ds was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks! Good luck!
  • AnneElise
    Options
    I used nipple shields at first, what a god sent! They saved mine. Also it could be her latch. And they make cream that helps to but I can't remember what it's called. Congrads on your baby girl! You should get a metal or something for 36 hrs of labor, way to go! :noway:

The cream I use is Lanolin. It does help so that I have no cracks or blisters. It just hurts when she first latches still.
  • AnneElise
    Options
    Ahhhhh welcome to motherhood. I feel for you. Just remember this to shall pass. I was a hot mess with ds. It was so overwhelming and the sleep depervation just makes it worse. Do u swaddle? What about white noise? I noticed kayoed as slept better with a nuk at night. Just some ideas. I would recommend the book the happiest baby on the block. After reading it and using his method ds was sleeping through the night at 6 weeks! Good luck!

I just purchased the book on amazon and also another one that was recommended to me. Thanks.
  • chelledmal
    chelledmal Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    As for sore nipples, lanolin is great and cold shredded carrots in your nursing pads will not only give you cool relief but they carry a natural healing enzyme. Cold cabbage leaves work also! I remember that pain all too well. Crying right when my baby first latched on. This too shall pass! Mothers go through a lot for their children huh!? All for great reasons!
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Victoria - great news! I imagine it is a huge relief.

Julia - I imagine you are glad of the break and I'm glad teh NST and IFA weren't a big deal. I hope the leg cramps improved overnight.

Melissa - I think I'd be scared to eat in a restaurant featured on Kitchen Nightmares! How was it?

Rachel - don't let them push you into an induction. You can do this. My 3rd was supposed to be 9'12 but he was 8'12. Maria just gave birth to a 10 lbs. baby vaginally as well. Boo! on the bladder infection. Have you been doing cranberry juice/pills? They are supposed to help.

Ronya - here's hoping you won't get called to court. Pregnancy brain is the worst! Of course, with my luck, this is the day I would be called before the meanest judge in the system.

Caperfae - good luck with the OB appt. I hope that you end up likeing the doctor.

Tari - congratulations! For the sore nipples - it's probably a LATCH issue. Make sure she has a wide open mouth and is taking in the whole nipple, not just the tip. Tummy to tummy helps to get her in position as well. Other than that, lanolin, rubbing in a little breastmilk after nursing and allowing to air dry, no soaps or cleaning on them at all.

AFM: I had my 20 week appt. today. Met with the third midwife and the one who delivered j-4. We reviewed what had been happening and she agreed that since there was no change in the cervix over the last several weeks I can go off of easy rest, just to take it easy as needed. She signed the cruise paperwork, so that is a go! it's in 3 weeks and I am so looking forward to it. I gained 6 pounds since my last visit, boo! I am looking forward to getting back to the gym and resuming more normal activities. Dh is too! I have to turn in my food diary at my next appointment. This means my free pass is up - I've been really bad while on easy rest and need to get back on track. I've only gained 10 lbs. at 20 weeks so that is not too bad overall. My thyroid went from over 6 to .33 (normal is .4 - 5.0) in 2 weeks so my meds are adjusted againa nd I get restuck in 10 days. I have to get my kids ready for swim class. The good news is that dh will make tacos for dinner tonight so I am off the hook!
  • dmdaigle17
    dmdaigle17 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    The hospital just called me to pre-register for labor and delivery......... :noway:

Whether I go early or am induced at 41 weeks, Avery will be here next month! :heart:
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Got a gazzilion other things to do, but I'm procrastinating. (I'm VERY good at that!!:blushing: ) Sounds like everyone is doing pretty well. I'm glad that most people post way more than I do or this would be a very boring forum!!! I'm still really busy with baking and market stuff. Plus my legs and feet started swelling last week and then I woke up Sunday morning with a splitting headache. I fugured it was a mix of sinuses and sleeping on my neck wrong, but it sorta freaked me out and I didn't want to make excuses when something serious might be wrong. Took my blood presure several times this week and it's running high. :sad: Talked to my midwife about it and she said that the numbers have got to come down and she wants me to try an do that by changing my diet. DH is not being very sympathetic - his theory is that I should have been doing this crazy high protein, low carb, no sugar (ever at all) diet the whole pregnancy since that was the midwife's preferance. Take note that he would eat very little if put on said diet and a pregnant lady's got to eat, right? Anyway, I think I can manage it for five and a half weeks. It took a bunch of time, but I sat down today and made out a menu for a week. I think I'll pretty much try an just stick to that and keep repeating it. I mean, it's only for five weeks right??? :ohwell: I would rather do that than deal with pre-eclampsia so I've just got to stay focused on that fact and maybe I'll get through. I'm really good at starting stuff an not following through so that concerns me a bit... An this baking every week kills!!! :noway: I don't eat a lot of finished product, but how in the world does one bake cookies for half a day without sniching cookie dough??? :huh: Speaking of cookie dough - I need to go get it all mixed up so that I can start in baking first thing in the morning. Chocolate chip, coconut and oatmeal this week. And banana and zuchinni bread. Hope everyone continues to do well. :heart: you all!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    To those of you with sore nipples from nursing - I agree with the lanolin (they gave me some in the hospital), but with what Katrina said about the latch and no lotions or soaps, etc. But also, it will hurt some for the first few weeks, even if you're doing everything right. I went through that with all mine, and they were latched on okay and everything. After a couple of weeks, the nipples just get used to it, and you actually start to enjoy the whole thing! So hang in there. But do pay attention to the latch, and if you are cracked or bleeding, you may want to double check with someone (lactation consultant) to make sure it's going fine. (Although I know I bled some with at least one of mine, but I think I had to adjust latch there)

Regina - I'm totally a dough/batter snitcher, too. My husband gets mad because I "shouldn't be eating raw eggs." I know he's right, but I can't help it! Hope you can hang in there and stave off pre-e.

AFM - having a crappy food day, not sure if I want to log it or not. It's overcast and threatening to T-storm form the next few hours, so I probably won't get to swim, either. :sad:
    I've got a burning pain all around my belly. It feels like heartburn/gas, but with baby moving and kicking, it's really uncomfortable. Probably a side effect of what I ate yesterday.
    Can I just go back to bed and pretend today doesn't exist? (I know the answer is no, because I have to finish my final ...)
    Oh, on a good note, we got a place for the baby shower! Now if I can get Miss Girl to fill out more than 2 invites at a time...
  • RFrick
    RFrick Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Am I seriously the next person due after Rachel?!?!?!?!? :noway: :bigsmile: Seems just like yesterday my ticker was in the teens and twentys. Now it's at 34 - 3!!! Yay for time flying. Now if only the next six weeks will go as fast!!! Bring on the baby - I'm ready!!! :heart: Just not so early that things aren't ok. That's all.........
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies.....Just wanted to hop on to say a quick hello. I still read up to stay caught up but I'm still o. He iPhone so I don't post much. Baby and I are doing well she's back up to 9.5 after losing a lb I second guess myself w her feeding I try to wake her up ever 2-3 hrs if she wanted to could probably sleep up to five. I really hope she's getting enough to eat and we've been dealing w gas so she's been up at night hoping thus improves so racheal I know what you mean w being sleep deprived. I think I get 3 hrs here and there if I'm lucky.

Thank u all for the encouragement w my last post baby has one bowel movement a day now for the last four days usually in the evening it looks like it's still transitioning from meconium to breast milk.