1000 calories a day!

Options
I'd really like friends with open diaries, i repeat open diaries lol tht eat around 1000 to 1500 calories a day! I eat 1017 a day and burn around 500 calories through exercising!

Replies

• brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I eat 1000-1300/day. Been closer to 1200 a day lately. I haven't been to the gym, but if I do, I eat back exercise calories.

Are you eating back what you burn? If not you're severely undereating. What's your height and weight?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This thread will get closed down by the mods! MFP doesn't advocate very low cal diets.

There's a reason MFP won't let you set your cals to less than 1200, your body will not be getting nowhere near enough nutrients to be healthy. Eating that low is extremely unwise...and how miserable it would make anyone feel, not to mention hangry! :/
  • SassyCookieMe
    SassyCookieMe Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am very new to myfitness pal and trying to follow a 1200 calorie diet but I am having problems eating 3 meals plus 3 snacks per day in fact it is hard just to get to 1200 calorie intake. I had fallen into the habit of only eating 2 times per day. Such restrictive diets such as 1000 needs close medical supervision, there is no way a person's body is getting all that it needs to properly function. I'm talking blood chemistry as well as muscle. Not mention falling into the same rut I'm working to get out of.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    It is my most sincere hope that all of you who believe you are eating so few calories are really, really awful at counting calories.

There is absolutely no reason that young women have to be eating ridiculously low amounts of calories to lose weight. What Maxxit said about hormones and muscle is spot on.

most of them are. which is why later they come back saying they cant lose weight.
  • SteamPug
    SteamPug Posts: 262 Member
    Options

Your experience of tracking for ... two days?
    Sorry, I should have stated I’ve been tracking on my own for 3 weeks before downloading the app ^^
This discussion has been closed.