I never log my Wine Calories...

... because Wine is the Nectar of the Gods and is beyond the scope of MFP.
Truly.
(Insert Smiley Face here)

Replies

• NotEmphatic
    NotEmphatic Posts: 59 Member
    Hi RuNaRoUnDaFiEld,
    I do get what you are saying and...more power to you!!.
    Wine is Nice...good wine is a blessing.
    Regards,
    Frank.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Agree
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    I don't either.
  • NotEmphatic
    I suppose I was thinking out loud and wondering if I was getting obsessive.
    Had to stop measuring my wine to the exact millilitre.
    Doh!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    If you're not counting your wine calories and losing/maintaining as expected I don't see a problem? I measure my 5 oz in the evening and log accordingly because I don't have that many calories to play around with.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    I don't log my Jägermeister or Pisco calories. I just decide that calories aren't important for me on that day and let 'er rip.
  • sjd421
    sjd421 Posts: 54 Member
    Ooh I can just imagine what it would look like if I logged my 3L vat-o-wine in one day. B) (No, I don't get through it in one week)

I have what is known as my kitchen glass. Awine glass that lives on the windowsill above the sink because it is in frequent use. It is a nice ornate glass that just happens to have its pattern end at the 5oz pour.
    Very useful, I just pour to the line and drink.
    NB: I'm small so even in maintenance I don't get a whole lot of cals so have to account for my wine; SO is twice my size and doesn't.

Cheers, h.

I have a very similar glass, that the pattern marks my 5oz. It helps not have to dirty more dishes to measure out my stress-relief as well ;)
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    I cannot. I am an Australian Italian. It is a genetic, cultural and personal imperative that I have to drink a very decent Aussie Rose with the occasional switch to a Cab Sav. MFP does not account for my cultural and ethnic requirements.
    Happy.

Are you saying that logging as much as you drink is too difficult for you to keep up with or that MFP doesn't have your choices in the database?
  • NotEmphatic
    Ooh I can just imagine what it would look like if I logged my 3L vat-o-wine in one day. B) (No, I don't get through it in one week)

I have what is known as my kitchen glass. Awine glass that lives on the windowsill above the sink because it is in frequent use. It is a nice ornate glass that just happens to have its pattern end at the 5oz pour.
    Very useful, I just pour to the line and drink.
    NB: I'm small so even in maintenance I don't get a whole lot of cals so have to account for my wine; SO is twice my size and doesn't.

Hello middlehaitch,
    I love your username but We Posh People say Aitch...no 'h'.
    ha ha.
    I am bemused, inspired often and sad for some of our members.
    A gram of food miscounted is a gram abused???
    I wonder if Life is way too short...
  • NotEmphatic
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    I cannot. I am an Australian Italian. It is a genetic, cultural and personal imperative that I have to drink a very decent Aussie Rose with the occasional switch to a Cab Sav. MFP does not account for my cultural and ethnic requirements.
    Happy.

Are you saying that logging as much as you drink is too difficult for you to keep up with or that MFP doesn't have your choices in the database?

No...not really...I love the science and precision of food logging.
    It's really taught me about what fuel I use and that this self same fuel has a bodily cost.
    I had a traditional italian custard horn and a flat white with a dear old friend today.
    It cost me an extra half hour around the park with Maggie the Wonder Jack Russell Terrier.
    She was happy but I wanted to sit on the couch and watch the Test Cricket match between England and Australia!!
    Cheers
  • NotEmphatic
    Food Logging is a demonstration and practice of classic Economic Opportunity Cost Modelling.
    You eat food at the expense of a foregone activity.
    Or, you choose to eat whatever you like with the knowledge that you must balance the energy ledger.
    It's very easy, actually.