Favorite ‘non exercise’ exercise

Options
Mslmesq
Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
I like to move and do stuff, but hate thinking of it as exercise. I’m looking for fun things that you do that burn calories, but you don’t necessarily think of as exercise.

I’ll start:

I like to hike, especially where there are nice views. And I enjoy skating. Both roller and ice.

Replies

• emmieems
    emmieems Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Shopping!! Swimming, dog walking, or when I worked in a restaurant and was on my feet I stayed moving and it was fun
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Basketball, volleyball
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    SCUUUUBA DIIIIVING
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,064 Member
    Options
    Cycling!

Also walking ... I walk to run errands or go to the Botanical gardens or to take a look at the newest cruise ship to pull into port or whatever at lunch. Doesn't feel like exercise but it does feel like a nice break from work. :)
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love kayaking - you get to chill out on the water, hand out with some amazing animals and before you know it, you've had a pretty good upper body and core workout
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,656 Member
    Options
    Welllll . . . I log on-water rowing as exercise, but I do it 'cos it's fun. :)
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Shoveling snow. Much more fun when it's sunny and mild. Sleet and sub zero days, not so fun.
  • pondee629
    pondee629 Posts: 2,469 Member
    Options
    Golf, but you have to walk the course. Don't have to carry but must walk.
  • brig220
    brig220 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Biking, road or mountain, hiking, skiing.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Skiing. If I wear my Garmin when I'm doing it, it comes across here as a workout. But I don't really think of it as a workout.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Zumba... Its just dancing right :p
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I mean...

I was thinking of a way to state it LOL
  • Tayykisses
    Tayykisses Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I mean...

I was thinking of a way to state it LOL

Lol same...
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Hiking, Running, Mountain Biking, Interacting with my dogs (wrestling/walking/running/training), volunteering at an outdoor bird rescue.
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    bebeisfit wrote: »
    Shoveling snow. Much more fun when it's sunny and mild. Sleet and sub zero days, not so fun.

Shoveling snow while it is still falling and is absorbing sound so that hushed world sound predominates. For the win! If conditions were right I’d do it every night for the fun of it!