Question for Ladies who have Lost Weight

Options
I have this nagging fear in the back of my head that once I drop all my weight and look like the stunning beauty I know I am (oh so humble!), I'm scared people will mess with me.
Being overweight all my life has been like a suit of armor, nobody would dare kidnap the "fat girl" (and if they could, they've earned it!). I know that this fear stems from my mom's paranoid/anxiety disorder and it is irrational. Most people are good and decent. I already know first hand as I am a people person.
I'm just worried things will change, that all of a sudden, masked assailants will jump out of the bushes or strange weirdos will try to grab my butt. Please tell me this is not true, that nothing really changes (I don't mind a few cat-calls tho, I quite enjoy that LOL).

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    So far, all the feedback has been positive. I haven't been accosted or received unwanted attention.

• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I agree with the self defense class! If your worried about it then this could really help you
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Its not like you go from your current size to the stunning beauty in one day.

For me they have to catch me first if they wanna grab me or my butt. Learn to run, maybe kickboxing too.
  • dancefit2015
    dancefit2015 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 lbs so I don't have advice, but I have this same fear! I want to travel the world and for some reason I worry being thin will increase my chances of being assaulted or kidnapped. I really want to take self defense classes and build up my strength so that I will feel less vulnerable, just knowing I have the ability to defend myself will probably ease my mind a ton.
  • Rawr1978
    Rawr1978 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    If you have a kim k butt, be prepared for people to try to at least smack it. It's been happening to me ever since i developed it at 18. Do i mind? No. I mind when the grabbing happens. Unless you know me and i like you, you'll lose a hand.
    As for the kidnapping/assault...ive never heard of that happening just because someone looks good.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    You may get more attention but I doubt anyone will jump out and grab you, but why not take a martial arts class and learn how to fight while getting leaner.
  • sdolan91
    sdolan91 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I've gotten more attention but not negatively. I enjoy the compliments! : D
  • FelinaDC
    FelinaDC Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, as your looks change you may appeal to a wider audience since "skinny" is the so called "standard" of beauty in the US. I haven't noticed any strangers hitting on me or being creepy, it's actually been people that I already know that have come out of the woodwork. Some that I've known for YEARS are all of a sudden asking me out and even my trainer who has been training me for over a year recently started asking about my relationship status and hinting that he likes me.

I wouldn't let this fear of being treated differently be a deterrent to your weight loss goals just know that if someone is really interested in you they would be at any size...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!