Green tea diet

Options

Replies

• bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Green Tea is a drink not a diet. You are losing weight because you are dropping water weight, and eating very low calorie, has nothing to do with the drink.
  • bagge72
    Options
    Lean59man wrote: »
    It's interesting that people will join this website which is based on controlling calories, and then use other diets to try and lose weight.

Believe me, from my own personal experience, MFP works. No need to do anything else.

There is no trick to weight loss. Just eat less calories than your body burns in a day and stay the course.

well thats not all accurate. Ive lost about 30 lbs and it wasn't just by eating less calories than my body burns a day.i changed my diet.

You do realize that by changing your diet you are eating less calories than you burn right? I mean if you ate more of the food you are eating now in your diet you won't lose weight.
  • bagge72
    Options
    It's interesting that people will join this website which is based on controlling calories, and then use other diets to try and lose weight.

Believe me, from my own personal experience, MFP works. No need to do anything else.

There is no trick to weight loss. Just eat less calories than your body burns in a day and stay the course.

People can use any diet they want with MFP, it's just a way to track their input and out puts.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options

well thats not all accurate. Ive lost about 30 lbs and it wasn't just by eating less calories than my body burns a day.i changed my diet.

Then you clearly don't understand how weight management works. To lose weight you have to consume less energy (calories) than you expend...when you do that, your "backup generator" (body fat) kicks on and you burn body fat to make up for the deficiency of energy.

When you changed your diet you started consuming less energy (calories) than you were expending whether you were cognizant of that or not. This is scientifically indisputable.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Ive read about how good it is to drink 3-4 cups of green tea a day for weight loss. i was planning to try it for a month or 2. i failed, i forgot to bring it with me. Although i did try it for 2-3 days and my weight did actually go down quickly. but for those 2-3 days i also wasnt eating very much at all, besides alot of watermelon. whats your views of this diet type thing?

My view is that everything about this post is disturbing. You eat very little for a few days and lose weight (shocking!) and then you want to give credit to green tea (??).

Calories. It's all about calories. Not tea. Calories.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have no research to back up anything about green tea, so take this for what it's worth...
    I've been drinking green tea for ages, 3-4 cups a day at least. I got plenty fat while drinking it (from all the junk I ate) and have lost weight while drinking it (from all the junk I don't eat)...i don't think it has any impact on weight loss, but it does taste good!

N=2 Yup been drinking it for years fat and thin :)

eta because my phone hates me
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Ive read about how good it is to drink 3-4 cups of green tea a day for weight loss. i was planning to try it for a month or 2. i failed, i forgot to bring it with me. Although i did try it for 2-3 days and my weight did actually go down quickly. but for those 2-3 days i also wasnt eating very much at all, besides alot of watermelon. whats your views of this diet type thing?

My view is that everything about this post is disturbing. You eat very little for a few days and lose weight (shocking!) and then you want to give credit to green tea (??).

well, ive eating just fruits for days and it did impact my weight a little. i never claimed to try this for science. purely of my own fascination ffs

Why are you messing with your body this way? Eating nothing but fruit for days? Why? What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

My cousin is doing a 30 day challenge of nothing but raw fruit. It sounds like such a colossal mistake but she's bought into the belief that this is somehow better for her.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options

well, ive eating just fruits for days and it did impact my weight a little. i never claimed to try this for science. purely of my own fascination ffs

Why are you messing with your body this way? Eating nothing but fruit for days? Why? What is it that you are trying to accomplish?

My cousin is doing a 30 day challenge of nothing but raw fruit. It sounds like such a colossal mistake but she's bought into the belief that this is somehow better for her.

Oh my. Aside from all the nutritional deficiencies, just think of the intestinal issues...