Over my calorie intake and its only 1:45!!!

Options
2»

Replies

• SassyStef
    SassyStef Posts: 413
    Options
    1200 seems like not enough.....but if you are that worried about the overage I would just go work out and wait to eat dinner until you figure out your burn.

Took at look at your profile, you are 26 with a child already so I would up you activity level to moderate and go from there. I bet that will put you are 1400-1500 with the deficit....good luck
  • soniaa777
    soniaa777 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    1 slice of bread with mustard, a piece of lunch turkey meat (like a topless sandwich) and a cup of spinich or other veggies and a big glass of water
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    skinless boneless chicken breast some steamed veggies or a salad. dont add and high calories condiments to it or butter and it will be under 200 calories. Add 1/2 cup of instant brown rice and it still will be decent. you need to know that you must work it off. go for a power walk and you will burn off enough in 30 minutes to not go over.
  • k8edge
    k8edge Posts: 380
    Options
    How about exercising?
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    My calorie limit is also 1200. I have to plan ahead and put in what I am going to eat for meals then when I see the totals I plan the "junk" into the remaining. Go look at my dairy if you need some examples :)
  • theprices
    theprices Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Well, you better get on a treadmill and burn yourself some dinner fast... :)

Thats just what I was thinking!
  • Syntax_Error
    Syntax_Error Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Try planning ahead for the day. Ie. know your meals and don't deviate. It's ok to eat out, just plan it and know what you'll be eating when you go.
  • dgjfitness
    Options
    I am a snacker too and what I have been doing, which really helped, is break my day down into segments: 8 to noon, noon to 4, 4 to 8, and 8 to midnight (i work mostly afternoons and nights so your segments might vary based on when you wake and sleep) If I have 1600 calories in a day, i make sure I stay under 400 in each segment. Snack on healthier things, like Wheat Thins instead of chips. Or chew gum instead of a candy bar.

This also really helps: force yourself to write down everything on this site before you order or eat it. Look at the numbers you are actually putting in your body. It may make you think twice before actually indulging. Hope this helps =)
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Okay so I know having a subway pizza was not the best idea, but I have to figure a different way to track. I am addicted to junk food. Yes I finally admitted it!!!!! What can I eat for the rest of the day. I'm over my 1200 cal by 65 cal already. HELP!!!

First step to success it finding out where we go wrong and learn from it! This is why keeping a food diary is good cos it shows u where u go wrong if u choose to use it right :) if you cheat or brush it under the carpet ... Your cheating only yourself! So..…

Plan of action... Think, why you addicted to junk food? ( might be handy to write down why) is it emotional ? Is it the time factor? Is it cos it tastes good?

Once you suss out WHY, you can come up with a plan HOW to stop yourself sabotaging yourself. Ie, if it's the time issue and ur grabbing something quickly, do a pack up lunch to bring with you to work. Do you see where Im coming from?

As for today.... U could go for a walk, jog, do some exercise to help out that cal burn and/ or have a light tea and gave an early night. Tomorrow is another day, if you WANT to succeed YOU will xx
  • theburnetts1
    theburnetts1 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Okay so I obviously didn't add enough info sorry!!! I live in a town of 1200 people and subway is our only option and my brother in-law brought lunch out. Next question is 1200 calories a decent amount to eat. I've been doing weight watchers plus and I figured how many calories we eat during a day and it come out to between 1800 and 1900cal. Is that to much of a drastic drop?
  • cpfmrp
    cpfmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My calorie limit is also 1200 per day. I find with exercise I eat about 1400 - 1500 (due to eating back my exercise) and I have lost 1 lbs so far.

Just go for a long walk or do the eliptical or bike for 30 min or so.