Too intimidated

Options
Have you ever heard someone say....you are really nice. I was intimidated by you at first.? Are you too intimidated to send a friend request to someone? Are you too intimidated to talk to someone? If so tell us who and why. Maybe that person isn’t really intimidating at all. Be brave. Confess your insecurities!! Doooooo itttttt. Or at least admit that somebody intimidates you, even of you don’t want to blab who it is. That’s ok to. Let’s find out who is intimidating around here.

Also intimidating is one of those words where the more I type it the more I feel I’m spelling it wrong or using it wrong. Weird.

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I was very intimidated by several people on here at first, but every single one has turned out to be awesome once I got to know them a bit.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    @cee134 used to intimidate me. I remember he had a desserts thread that I started posting critiques in. I was super intimidated by him so I figured well I might as well be me and see what he does .

eusmckx5t3xy.jpg
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    I've been told I'm intimidating not sure why. I'm always nice. Maybe it's the *kitten* face.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    When I first started @_Captivated_ seemed intimidating, mostly due to her honesty (she was never one to do the whole "10" rating thing). I still don't know her, but I've come to appreciate the honesty.
  • DISCIPLINEEQUALSFREEDOM
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »
    I've been told I'm intimidating not sure why. I'm always nice. Maybe it's the *kitten* face.

I can see that, not the resting * * * * * face, but the intimidating part.
  • allenmfp21
    allenmfp21 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I don’t think I’ve been intimidated as an adult. I don’t think I care enough. People often say they are intimidated by me at first. I think it’s becuase I have the face of an *kitten*.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    pbandwine wrote: »
    Yup. It's my resting *kitten* face.

This. Also, my personality and unusual manner of dressing (sometimes) puts people off. I either get "You're intimidating" or "I don't like you because you seem like a *kitten*" from people who never actually talked to or took the time to get to know me.

I mostly just have a good laugh about it these days.

Here? I don't find most of you intimidating as people, however.. I find your discipline to that thing which brought us all together on this site to be intimidating. Mostly because I appear to be lacking it.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I've often been told I'm intimidating. On here, and IRL, but honestly I'm sweet as can be.
    I just don't b.s. and I say fvck a lot.
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    csbnga wrote: »
    When I first started @_Captivated_ seemed intimidating, mostly due to her honesty (she was never one to do the whole "10" rating thing). I still don't know her, but I've come to appreciate the honesty.

I mean, you've always been about a 8.75, so I don't know what you were worried about. :wink:
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Options
    sw33tp3a1 wrote: »

I can see that, not the resting * * * * * face, but the intimidating part.

It's because I asked for 10 million instead of 5 right?