Started at size 4, skipped over 6 and now I'm an 8, but not on purpose.How do I maintain?

Options
Here is my story and I'm sure I already know the answers, but I'd still like to hear your ideas. I've been maintaining at a size 4 for most of my life, easily, definitely does not mean I was in shape, but it was easy for me to stay there without too much effort. In the last year or so I have gained a lot of weight, blame in on entering the fantastic 40's, stress, being lazy and I'm sooo greedy. So obviously nothing fits anymore. I had to do some shopping and I'm a size 8. Completely skipped over a size 6. The thing about it is, I don't mind remaining a size 8 as in the right size clothes I look good. When I was still squeezing in my 4's I looked like a busted can of biscuits. I like this thicker more voluptuous figure. But outside of clothes or in a bikini I look horrible. Therefore I have started exercising again and trying to eat cleaner.

I'm worried that if I keep doing the right thing I might drop down to a six. I'm happy at the eight. I just need to lose the gut and the back rolls. I'm even okay with the size of my thighs, but they are flabby. I know I need to weight train and reduce calories to a certain extent and make sure my protein levels are adequate. Any other advice to keep my size up, but tighten this body?

Replies

• alsaxon
    alsaxon Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the advice! Strong Curves sounds promising!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    alsaxon wrote: »
    Thank you so much!!! I really appreciate the advice! Strong Curves sounds promising!

I'm a month in to the at home version, really enjoying it :)
  • kristen8000
    kristen8000 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I personally, never go by clothing size to determine if I'm what I want to look like. Women's clothing sizes are so fickle and change per store. For example, I just had to order size 4 jeans from Old Navy. They are even too big, but they don't sell 2's in Tall Sizes (I'm 5'11). I'm thin, and I'm a 19.8 BMI, but I'm not a 2. Even in my wildest dreams. According to most charts I'm a 6. But I struggle with Jean Lengths, and Old Navy has "cheap" jeans that kinda fit and are long enough, so I deal with Old Navy's inconsistancy.

Anywho. I think what you are looking for is a recomp. After lifting, even if your weight stays the same, you'll more than likely wear a 6. You'll be less jiggly. So, basically lift heavy things and put them down about 3-4 days a week.
  • myfitnesspale3
    myfitnesspale3 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    have to say I love me some busted can of biscuits