Zombie Apocalypse (Round 2) coming in JANUARY!

Replies

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'd be interested. Any additional details on the challenges. I haven't been tracking my cals but have been slowly losing on the scale despite restarting weight lifting. What are the metrics for success? Any special equipment needed? I have a lifting cage, TRX, treadmill, and a heavy bag.

ETA: I also have the Zombies, Run! app which is highly engrossing.
    I'm interested, but before joining I have the same questions:
    - What will be the things for which a team gets points (or something like that)? I'm not planning on loosing any more weight, just improving my fitness, so if weight loss is one of the criteria that counts I wouldn't be able to help my team at all.
    - Do we need any special equipment? I only have basics like bands and a set of kettle bells (and too many pairs of running shoes :grin: - ), but no access to barbells, TRX, gym machines or such.

It sounds like a fun challenge, and I would like to kick off the new year with something like this!
    But since it sounds like a team thing I want to make sure I won't dragging my partners down because I don't have the right goals or equipment.
  • MichelleFoley09
    MichelleFoley09 Posts: 1 Member
    I’d like to join.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    edited December 2017
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I'm interested, but before joining I have the same questions:
    - What will be the things for which a team gets points (or something like that)? I'm not planning on loosing any more weight, just improving my fitness, so if weight loss is one of the criteria that counts I wouldn't be able to help my team at all.
    - Do we need any special equipment? I only have basics like bands and a set of kettle bells (and too many pairs of running shoes :grin: - ), but no access to barbells, TRX, gym machines or such.

It sounds like a fun challenge, and I would like to kick off the new year with something like this!
    But since it sounds like a team thing I want to make sure I won't dragging my partners down because I don't have the right goals or equipment.

@ _nikkiwolf_

We do track weight but it is only one of several things we track. We have had many individuals in the past who participate without weight loss goals, and we'd be happy to have you! We track the fitness goals each week (time, reps, etc. for the week), water (drink the minimum or not), food (stay in the green-whatever that means for you personally), and weight. The winning teams are based on the percentage of the challenges completed.

Also, no fancy equipment needed!!! More info is in the group, so I'll send you an invite and you can read more!
  • babybluz33
    @fourathomej I've added you, I believe you have to accept the invite by going to the group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123750-zombie-apocalypse-round-2 (you can also use the search feature in groups to find it)
  • babybluz33
    Ok, everyone above has been added (So happy to have you join us!!). Please accept the invite by heading over to the group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/123750-zombie-apocalypse-round-2
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    babybluz33 wrote: »
    @ _nikkiwolf_

We do track weight but it is only one of several things we track. We have had many individuals in the past who participate without weight loss goals, and we'd be happy to have you! We track the fitness goals each week (time, reps, etc. for the week), water (drink the minimum or not), food (stay in the green-whatever that means for you personally), and weight. The winning teams are based on the percentage of the challenges completed.

Also, no fancy equipment needed!!! More info is in the group, so I'll send you an invite and you can read more!
    @babybluz33 Thanks a lot for the explanation and the invate!
    Sounds great, I'll join and can't wait for it to start :smiley:
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Glad to hear that losing weight is not the only criteria. I'm planning a diet break at maintenance for January. This challenge will help with motivation.
  • lewarctj
    lewarctj Posts: 4 Member
    If men are allowed I’d be interested in giving it a go!
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Just requested to join the group.
  • NerineLuna
    NerineLuna Posts: 76 Member
    Send a request to join the group a day or two ago, haven't seen it turn up in my group a yet. But I guess you're just busy at the moment:)

Anyway, it sounds like a very interesting way to keep me accountable and motivated once the new year comes around ^_^
  • rikkejohnsenrij
    rikkejohnsenrij Posts: 510 Member
    Sounds fun...I'm in
  • Crystaledgerly
    Crystaledgerly Posts: 12 Member
    edited December 2017
    I'd like to join... I think. It'll be my first challenge on here so I'm not sure what to expect yet.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    This sound really fun. I would like to join.
  • elisabel
    elisabel Posts: 242 Member
    Please add me to this challenge. Thank you!
  • BertieGotSkill
    BertieGotSkill Posts: 61 Member
    I requested to join the group. :)
  • babybluz33
    edited December 2017
    @lewarctj @mommy2ajs @NerineLuna @rikkejohnsenrij @Crystaledgerly @bluestarlight19 @elisabel @BertieGotSkill I sent you all invitations. To see the group and accept your invite, click here.
    Please let me know if you have any issues!
  • babybluz33
    @NessaWallace @kahlan84 @friedbrainsfromcanada @mari_moulin @shazamataz74 @karateninja101 @Aqualang26 @Ilove2dance77 @rynthae @SB1116 @honeybuns08 @JAllen32 @Discoveringezra1 @emmclean @DanishFeta @cdgrl @estrellasycafe @attia27 @courtniekrebs @jls1661

I still have invitations pending, please check out the group page by clicking here and accept your invite! Please let me know if you have any issues. Thanks!
  • hist_doc
    hist_doc Posts: 206 Member
    I'd like to join!

exercise.png

• seabeegirl81
    seabeegirl81 Posts: 131 Member
    Id like to join please!!
  • jenray01
    jenray01 Posts: 2 Member
    I would like to join. Thanks for organizing this!