Hypothyroidism; Catabolic Exercise

Options

Replies

• CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Jillian Micheals was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. She implemented real, tangible solutions to overcome a problem.

Jeffrey S. Brown, MD has developed a regimen treating Hashimoto's. Once again he did so by studying the underlying issues and providing real, tangible solutions backed with objective data.

Look to those offering actual solutions and data. Be wary of those looking to profit by offering a sympathetic ear and peddling snake oil.
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Fuzzipeg wrote: »
    I'm wondering, Lcoulter23, if you are referring to my comment above. I am not misinformed, I am perusing science where it leads me. My thyroid status has been faulty for a life time. I have had much longer to acquire additional problems than yourself, thankfully, longer than most of you reading my words. It is my hope that none of you ever go on to contend with the range of health problems I am gradually over coming. If many of you are happy to under go surgery to resolve health problems which are reversible in many circumstances, then so be it. It is my expectation that in the fullness of time what I have written will be commonly accepted.

I'm 36 years old, don't let the screen name fool you. I've also had this disease since I was a baby. I think I know what I'm talking about.

P.s I wasn't referring to your comment. I was commenting on the original post. Sorry for the mixup
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    lcoulter23 wrote: »
    Also, I have hypoparathyroidism, not ordinary hypothyroidism. I also have aspergers syndrome, bipolar disorder, polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance, vitamin b 12 and iron deficiency, pernicious anemia, and a partridge in a pear tree. I've taken several medical classes, done my research, and exercise and diet are perfectly safe and recommended by endocrinologist all around the world to patients with this disease.

Well how rational of you! :)

eta: Added a smiley so nobody things I disagree
  • lcoulter23
    lcoulter23 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    mph323 wrote: »
    lcoulter23 wrote: »
    Also, I have hypoparathyroidism, not ordinary hypothyroidism. I also have aspergers syndrome, bipolar disorder, polycystic ovarian syndrome and insulin resistance, vitamin b 12 and iron deficiency, pernicious anemia, and a partridge in a pear tree. I've taken several medical classes, done my research, and exercise and diet are perfectly safe and recommended by endocrinologist all around the world to patients with this disease.

Well how rational of you! :)

eta: Added a smiley so nobody things I disagree

Lol I'm sorta a nerd. I love all things science, but I'm also really into researching health related things. My mom is a nurse and I have read all her books as well. I think the thirst for knowledge thing is part of the aspergers though. I wasn't diagnosed until a few years ago, but I've always been a researcher. And I remember most of what I read. My therapist said there's a strong chance that I'm a savant because of the amount of the material I remember.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    CSARdiver wrote: »
    The pharmacist in question has been summarily dismissed by the Board of Endocrinology based upon lack of data, nothing more.

Begone pitchers of woo.

Would you happen to have a link that would support your statement above to be factual? She seems to be a real person with a real name unlike some posting here.

https://thyroidpharmacist.com/about/
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    The pharmacist in question has been summarily dismissed by the Board of Endocrinology based upon lack of data, nothing more.

Begone pitchers of woo.

Would you happen to have a link that would support your statement above to be factual? She seems to be a real person with a real name unlike some posting here.

You think unreal people are posting here? Like, are we talking robots? Extremely advanced dogs?
  • CSARdiver
    Options

Begone pitchers of woo.

Dr. Oz is real. From all objective evidence you are real.

Now that we have established the framework of reality care to cite objective data supporting Isabella Wentz's conclusions?
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    How about providing a link which shows us she is dis-barred, probably like our Dr Edwards, who died some time ago and he knew his stuff.
  • CSARdiver
    Options
    This would be challenging as she was never "barred" so to speak (not board certified). Still not the issue as she does not provide objective evidence to support her contentions.

Much like the underlying argument you have yet to prove contentions, but requesting proof of refute.

I would happily debate any evidence once provided. As it stands there is nothing on the table.
  • asviles
    asviles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    johnwelk wrote: »

Begone pitchers of woo.

You think unreal people are posting here? Like, are we talking robots? Extremely advanced dogs?

https://amazon.com/Izabella-Wentz-PharmD/e/B00HNG6PDU

Info like the link above causes me to think the person is not unreal, a robot or advanced dog. I see posting false statements about others trying to help others as human abuse.

I see people selling useless supplements to people with real diseases as human abuse. Do you know the complications of untreated Hashimotos? Death is one if them. Isabella wentz is a quack, plain and simple.

THIS
  • asviles
    asviles Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You see, when it comes to truth we cannot deal with anything unless we first have an objective way to measure the truth of something. The best answer we have come up with is to have peer reviewed and empirical data from falsifiable and repeatable experience that come from a non-biased source.

Even with meeting that stringent set of rules we still make mistakes, and as such anyone who can't even meet that measure is not to be trusted ESPECIALLY when it comes to hard sciences like health and biology.

Someone who sells a product is by nature biased to present the success of that product and as such is not the person to test or present information on the product. They MUST show double blind independent research to have the general public trust the product.

As such to attempt to skirt these measures is to essentially prove yourself to be untrue. Is there a possibility some of these supplements might help? Sure. Is it responsible to peddle them without actually having them tested through physical evidence and reasoned logic? NO! Under NO circumstances is that the right thing to do.

Lobby for testing if you think there hasn't been enough, but to claim it can do something it isn't proven to do is simply immoral.