Gray Hair

Options
124»

Replies

• RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    I started getting gray hair at 16! And I have very dark brunette hair so it's suuuuuuuper obvious. At 30 I have a ton.
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    Iv had a few stray grey wirey hairs poking through the top of my head, started in like my middle to late 20's. I am sure it was stress related since I'm now almost 31 and iv had basically only 4/5 since then.

Most likely stress leading to a lack of blood flow to the hair.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    My grandmother went totally grey over a very short amount of time.

At the time, my father was a US Marine and was away at war. His family didn't know where he was or his condition for quite some time.

When he shipped out, she was a brunette. We he came home (alive and well), she was totally grey / white headed.

Stress can be a killer, no doubt about it.
  • nocookiestoday
    nocookiestoday Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    How tf do I post a pic? I'm trying to show you guys my white bride of Frankenstein stripes... I've never posted a pic before. Don't laugh...
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    I was 29 when I noticed my first greys (while I was getting ready for an "Over The Edge" event. Coincidence?). It was just like 3 or 4 at the temples. That was 2012. Now I have maybe a dozen or so on each side, and on Friday, just noticed my first gray eyebrow hair.

I have no intention of ever covering them up. They're the only outward proof that I'm a grown-*kitten* human. Also I love them and they're mine.

My mom is in her mid 50s and doesn't have a single grey hair. Dad is pretty much all salt and no pepper at this point.
  • jonathanq0623
    jonathanq0623 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Gray beard, gray hair, embrace it. It shows wisdom lol
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    Options
    How tf do I post a pic? I'm trying to show you guys my white bride of Frankenstein stripes... I've never posted a pic before. Don't laugh...

Its easier to post it on the webpage, not the app.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

And if you're on Mobile, I reccomend setting it to "full site"/"desktop site"
  • allenmfp21
    allenmfp21 Posts: 244 Member
    Options

Gotta message me on kik first
  • nocookiestoday
    nocookiestoday Posts: 1,022 Member
    Options
    PAFC84 wrote: »

And if you're on Mobile, I reccomend setting it to "full site"/"desktop site"

Ahh ok, yeah... I'm on the app. No wonder it's weird. Thanks!
  • sweetsloth
    sweetsloth Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It’s there. It arrived fairly early. Colour/Color, Dye Dye Dye, every single gray. I’m not relinquishing this battle, until I die or go bald.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    35ish? I'm not sure. Actually, the roots started to turn gray on normal hair, it was kinda freaky.

I still pluck them out, I have maybe 10ish that keep coming back (probably missing some on the back of my head though). I have darkish brown hair so they really stand out...

I dyed my hair a couple times but really, dyes just don't last on me. Home stuff lasts maybe 3 weeks, and the salon stuff lasted 2 months (and now my hair looks a totally different color). That's with shampoo designed for colored hair too... I guess it's what happens when you exercise every day and have to wash your hair after.

Also I'm getting weird red hair in some spots. It started before I dryed my hair too. Bright orange ones. I don't know whether to keep or lose those (amusingly, nobody else sees them when I mention them, maybe it's a light thing?).
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    35ish? I'm not sure. Actually, the roots started to turn gray on normal hair, it was kinda freaky.

I still pluck them out, I have maybe 10ish that keep coming back (probably missing some on the back of my head though). I have darkish brown hair so they really stand out...

I dyed my hair a couple times but really, dyes just don't last on me. Home stuff lasts maybe 3 weeks, and the salon stuff lasted 2 months (and now my hair looks a totally different color). That's with shampoo designed for colored hair too... I guess it's what happens when you exercise every day and have to wash your hair after.

Also I'm getting weird red hair in some spots. It started before I dryed my hair too. Bright orange ones. I don't know whether to keep or lose those (amusingly, nobody else sees them when I mention them, maybe it's a light thing?).

Doesn't plucking them make them just grow in the same color and more wiry later on like when you pluck stray black hairs on your skin? I'm 32 (almost 33) and have had some stray ones here and there since I was 30 (I think), but I think right now I might be the only one who sees them.

Also, I'm starting to run into the same problem. Dyes that are labeled as "permanent" are washing out in about three weeks time, making the process kind of pointless. I am a bit sad about that as I like changing my hair color for fun and it looks like I may not be able to do that anymore. :(
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Had hints starting in my mid 30's. Used to cut the gray out of the beard, but finally gave in this year.

d8mhvyv66sgp.jpg
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Mine started when I was 20. It's become more noticable over the years but still just salt and peppered in my brown hair. I tend to think that's how it will continue although for the past couple years I've been dying it red regularly to cover it up.
  • Big_LittleMomma
    Big_LittleMomma Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Had hints starting in my mid 30's. Used to cut the gray out of the beard, but finally gave in this year.

d8mhvyv66sgp.jpg

Thanks for cutting me out of the picture....sheesh!
  • KayHBE
    KayHBE Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I started going grey about 18 months ago. I coloured my hair for the first time this spring, I am 47. It's just around my temple area. My brother started going grey in his 20's. He has almost black hair, mine is a little lighter but still a dark brown. It doesn't bother me, I coloured my hair because I always wanted to and wanted to hold out for as long as I could.