Progress photos!!

Options
BotanyNerd
BotanyNerd Posts: 38 Member
edited December 2017 in Motivation and Support
ff4w34l5779u.jpeg
Hey everyone, share your progress! The left photo was 6 weeks ago at 140lbs and the right two photos are current at 129 lbs. I was focusing on cutting and now I’m on my way to make some gains

Replies

• BotanyNerd
    Options
  • BotanyNerd
    Options
    Please share your progress photos or future goals!
  • BotanyNerd
    Options
    als1121 wrote: »
    Please share your progress photos or future goals!
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Wow looking good, great job.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great work. :) Are you going to start bulking or switch to recomp now?
  • BotanyNerd
    Options
    sardelsa wrote: »
    You look awesome! Great work. :) Are you going to start bulking or switch to recomp now?
    Thanks girl! I was planning on bulking but could you explain recomp? I’m new to some of this (: Also, you look fantastic!

• sardelsa
    Options
    Thanks girl! I was planning on bulking but could you explain recomp? I’m new to some of this (: Also, you look fantastic!

Recomposition is basically eating at maintenance - continuing to train hard, lose fat and build muscle slowly over time (but it can be slow but it's good if want to make more minor physique adjustments and have hesitations bulking)

If you want to, go for the bulk.. so eat in a surplus to gain muscle/size/mass...but you will also gain some fat too (which is very hard mentally for a lot of people).. so you want to keep the surplus fairly reasonable to minimize this.
  • BotanyNerd
    Options

Recomposition is basically eating at maintenance - continuing to train hard, lose fat and build muscle slowly over time (but it can be slow but it's good if want to make more minor physique adjustments and have hesitations bulking)

If you want to, go for the bulk.. so eat in a surplus to gain muscle/size/mass...but you will also gain some fat too (which is very hard mentally for a lot of people).. so you want to keep the surplus fairly reasonable to minimize this.
    Ah I see, thanks for in info! I’ll probably focus on recomp for a while then and then see if I want to bulk
  • BotanyNerd
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • sardelsa
    edited December 2017
    Options
    That is an excellent plan.

Mine? Right now or overall? .. right now I am bulking, gaining 2lbs per month, focusing on increasing glute size, as well as hammies, delts and lats. Also increasing strength best I can, getting better at yoga.
    Overall.. I want to look good (curvy and strong), get stronger and be fit, have fun. :)

What about you @als1121 ?
  • taco_inspector
    taco_inspector Posts: 7,223 Member
    Options

Ah I see, thanks for in info! I’ll probably focus on recomp for a while then and then see if I want to bulk

@als1121 , @USMCMP started a damned good thread on recomp -- http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat <-- Has some solid data and quite a few supporting posts and all of that...