Do you update your ticker when you gain weight?

Options
Do you update your ticker when you gain weight?

Replies

• mangirl
    mangirl Posts: 93
    Options
    i dont gain weight
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I do. Thankfully, the shame isn't posted for all to see. :P
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    yep. it happens. don't like it, but it happens. need to be brutally honest if this is going to work. : )
  • KierstyPants
    KierstyPants Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    well mangirl... that's interesting.

on ther other hand, it depends on how much i've gained.
    if it's a pound or two i leave it.
    if it's more i change it.
    so, yea :)
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Nope. I know I should but I generally resolve to weigh again in a few days and it's usually gone :D
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I took a one-year hiatus from MFP (I was a foreign exchange student in Germany and wanted to enjoy my year there, so I made the decision to not count calories). I lost a lot of weight in the beginning, but gained some back later. I did update my ticker when I gained weight, just because it sort of kept me accountable, and it let my friends know how I was doing.
    111408 Posts: 27
    Options
    i dont gain weight

You were born this size then?
  • jan169
    jan169 Posts: 38
    Options
    I just recently gained three pounds. I'm assuming it's from water retention or muscle gain. However, I didn't add it to my ticker. Instead, I just work out harder and eat better and remind myself how far I've already come and where I want to be, so that when I lose more weight, I can update my ticker!
  • BioQueen
    BioQueen Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    If I know it is due to water retention I don't (or if I ate extra carbs the day before). This past week I had pasta and went over sodium so I gained 2 pounds. Two days later it was back to normal. However, I changed my ticker when I gained back 5 pounds this past spring... so sad, but it woke me up!
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    If the "gain" remains a gain for over a week. I update. Otherwise I don't because most likely I"ll lose it in a few days and it will post on my wall that I "lost" a lb and everyone will be happy for me for no reason at all :D
  • bode702
    bode702 Posts: 11
    Options
    i don't. i feel like it helps me get back on track faster if i keep the ticker where it was and have the goal of my lowest weight to come back to. it helps me not to give in to the higher weight.
  • mangirl
    Options
    no but i am not going to gain weight after this and haven't yet.
    my weight fluctuates within 3 pounds. If for some reason I did gain weight i would track it. :P all about dat honesty.
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    i dont gain weight

Weight gains me.
  • Justcallmejenny
    Options
    I just recently gained three pounds. I'm assuming it's from water retention or muscle gain. However, I didn't add it to my ticker. Instead, I just work out harder and eat better and remind myself how far I've already come and where I want to be, so that when I lose more weight, I can update my ticker!

What she said
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    i dont gain weight

Yeah you know what everyone is different. I have had some issues in my life lately causing me to gain which is actually none of your business. And what, you have never gained weight in your life? HAHA sounds kinds funny to me.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    I don't.. its usually just a water gain and goes back down in a couple days. Other than the normal water weight gain I have not gained any weight so far since starting this new lifestyle.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    i dont gain weight

Weight gains me.

in soviet russia?
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    If I know I messed up that week and that it's not just water weight/TOM, then yea I log it.
  • mangirl
    Options
    i dont gain weight

Yeah you know what everyone is different. I have had some issues in my life lately causing me to gain which is actually none of your business. And what, you have never gained weight in your life? HAHA sounds kinds funny to me.

Things happen and I wasn't trying to make a personal attack, just being a little silly. =P
  • HilarieXcore
    HilarieXcore Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I update it every week no matter what.
    If it's just a little water gain, it'll make a really nice loss the next week.