Girls between 125-135lbs!

Options

Replies

• ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    I've been reading a lot lately, it seems like the "last few pounds" are really tough for everyone. Skinny people can't eat as much, which really sucks, you seriously have to run 6-7 miles a day to be able to eat enough to stave off hunger. I almost get jealous of the 155-lb voluptuous women who are fit and healthy and can eat more than me.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    Just out of interest what are everyone's calorie goals?

It's good to know what people of a similar weight to you are aiming for!

I am currently on 1315 which is 0.9lb a week apparently. I would change it to 0.5 a week but I have a holiday in 3 weeks!
  • kater8er
    kater8er Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Ahh I love this thread! I've read all of your posts! I'm 5'3" and currently weigh 160--my lowest so far has been 158.8, and I'm aiming for 135 lbs. I have huge boobs--34DD since I was 12 and weighed 135, and pretty good curves...If I didn't have the chest I'd probably be aiming for 125 and I think I have a medium build.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and currently at about 137, shooting for 120-125. I have a rather slender bone structure and very little in the way of curves, even when I gain weight. My goal weight is actually higher than my weight for most of my life though. 120-125 was the same weight range I was shooting for when I was trying to GAIN weight. I weighed 98-105 pounds for much of my life, and no...I didn't have an eating disorder. I was just naturally that thin. And I didn't like it. I would love to stay where I am weight wise, but it just doesn't look or feel good on me and my body fat is still pretty high. I get *SO* jealous of women who can look fit at my current weight or higher, but it is what it is and I have to work with MY body.
  • ashley_jorah
    ashley_jorah Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", medium build and currently 128lbs. I'm aiming for 120-125lbs.
    I think it'scompletely possible and well within healthy range.
    Most of my "size" is fat I think though, so I may not lose anymore weight, but hopefully lose some size. The weight number doesn't matter so much to me anymore. I just need some more strength!
  • kgs0201
    kgs0201 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I started MFP at 163 (HW was 180ish). I was stuck at 140 for what seemed like forever and my original goal was 135. I'm now at 128 and have reset my goal to 125. I always considered myself a medium build although now that I'm 128 I feel pretty tiny :-) Exercise was and always has been the key to me losing weight. To get from the 140 to the 135 I really had to commit myself to an exercise routine and drinking lots of water.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options
    My goal weight is anywhere between these two weights. I'm in the low 140's right now, and I've been here FOREVER. I know I can get to 135lb... but I was wondering if 125lb is shooting too far.

Anyway so my question for you ladies who weigh in this range - How tall are you? And how would you describe your build? For example, I'm 5'5ish and I'd say I'm medium built (not petite, but not necessarily bulky either).

Thanks in advance!

5'5'', between petite and average, leaning more toward petite, hourglass (34-24-34)
    I weigh 133.4 as of today (yay!) and I'm shooting for 120-125 (though my real goal is actually sized oriented :])
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

I did well at 1350 (plus most of my exercise calories) and typically lost about 1.5 a week, even though I was aiming for 1# a week. When I got to 140, I bumped it up to 1500, and stayed there until I got to 135. Then I only logged Monday through Friday, and played it by ear (translation: probably went over) on weekends, and lost another 4.5 in a month. Recently, I upped it to 1600 Monday through Friday, and I still don't log on weekends. I'm not trying to lose any more pounds, but maybe a little more body fat, and I'm not quite ready to go on maintenance yet.
  • RoseBlanc
    RoseBlanc Posts: 140
    Options

It's good to know what people of a similar weight to you are aiming for!

I am currently on 1315 which is 0.9lb a week apparently. I would change it to 0.5 a week but I have a holiday in 3 weeks!

1200-1500
    Depending on how much I work out, how I'm feeling (overall) that day, and if it's my TOM. :blushing:
  • IslandGirl072906
    IslandGirl072906 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and currently 132. I'd like to get down to 125. Maybe 120 which is where I was when I was 20 (early 40's now).
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'7" and at my highest weight I was 145-150 and I am now about 130 (give or take). I did get down to about 125 at one point (stress etc.) but I really did not like the way that I looked and family and friends said it was a little too thin for my frame (medium).

When I do gain weight, it goes straight to the old hips and *kitten*, but my waist stays relatively small, so I count myself somewhat lucky :D. I think that you should just aim for whatever you are comfortable with and what will be easiest to maintain! Sometimes I think that I want to get a little lower, but I am pretty darn happy with where I am now and I am just focused on maintaining and toning. Hope this helps!
  • Rosie_66
    Rosie_66 Posts: 27
    Options
    Check out 00trayn's blog, she gives some good advice to bust through your slump:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/00trayn?month=201103
  • jenblowsbubblez
    jenblowsbubblez Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    YES MA'Am!!! i'm right with ya !!! I am 5'3 140 I am shooting for 115-120.. I know i have got to 130 before. And my lowest of 115-120.
  • bellinachuchina
    bellinachuchina Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    -5'2"
    -133 lbs.
    -Medium Frame
    -Pear Shape
    -Bust: 36
    -Waist: 27.5
    -Hips: 39
    -Size 8-10 pants, S-M shirts

:flowerforyou:
  • vballcaptain
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and 132 pounds when I have no food in my body... I started at 140 and want to be 125 but cant seem to get below 132 which was my weight for a long time... Ive been lifting weights every other day so I think I must be gaining muscle at the same time as I diet.. because I look better but the scale isnt going down anymore ??
  • mfost10
    mfost10 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was also around 140 a few months ago after gaining (yikes!) 20lbs my freshman year in college but it quickly came off once I made healthier changes in my life. I am currently around 125 and aiming to be 120 or less and I am 5'5, medium frame. If I could do this so could you! Good luck:)
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm 5.4 1/2..I'd say I'm probably medium build, more of an hourglass type figure...my lowest was about 120...I really like somewhere around 123. I was in mostly size 3's and small/medium tops. It wasn't easy getting below the 130s, but it's definitely doable. I was walking/jogging for at least 30 min every day. Just take 5 pound goals and see where you're most comfortable
  • PirateJenny
    Options
    bump

(just need more time to answer and will forget if I don't do this!)
  • hanaibo
    hanaibo Posts: 42
    Options
    Hi!
    I'm a wee 5' 1'' and have been between 130lb -135lb for the last couple of years...I feel better around 130, but feel I would be happier at around 125 or so. Medium build, and my weight is mostly evenly distributed (oddly enough)...but a little "top heavy". Hope this helps!
  • Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and i'd say medium build. My origonal goal was 110- 114lbs but I'm thinking of changing my goal to 114 - 120lbs. At the moment I'm about 130lbs. My lowest was 114lbs and I was happyish at that.

As for my calorie goal, It's set at 1300 calories but I tend to eat anywhere from 1000 - 1500. I think it balances out in the end though