This is why I LOVE Zumba

Options

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I like the class, because the instructor and the other participants are very upbeat. I also like the class near me, because the women are all of different ages and body types.
  • affini12
    affini12 Posts: 25
    Options
    I love zumba. I have been going since April 1 and lost almost 50 pounds, and as of 6 weeks ago, 21.25 inches. I will have my next measurement done on Monday!
  • shelleilei
    shelleilei Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    What are the names on the DVDs that you use and which is your favorite?
  • affini12
    affini12 Posts: 25
    Options
    I take a class 4x a week locally. I haven't used the dvds.
  • LoveLeavesFootprints
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba! It's been a staple in my weight loss journey. I go two to four days per week, and typically burn 800-1100 calories each time, depending on how hard I push myself. There's a calorie calculator at zumbacalories.com that takes into consideration your weight and gender and how hard you work, and figures how many calories you could be burning. :)
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    Ok...I know this is off topic for this...but, am I the only one who doesn't like Zumba? I had the DVD's and ended up selling them on ebay.

I love that you all love it! And I wish I could too! Do you take a class? Is that what makes it different?

have you tried a class??? ive never used the dvds but i love love love the classes...i think the instructors and people there are what makes the experience..
  • noelheart
    Options
    Well done.
    Keep it up
  • dkb228
    dkb228 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    My gym is going to start having Zumba classes next week and I'm so excited! I haven't done it is a couple years but I remember it being awesome. I love workouts that are fun enough that they don't feel like workouts. :)
  • Twasney
    Twasney Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I have the Wii Zumba and I love it!
  • jwaters1006
    jwaters1006 Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I use all of the originals
    Cardio Party
    Express
    Sculpt & Tone
    Abs
    Live

My favorite is live, don't have to listen to the instructors banter, get to see other people confused when I am (lol) and it has the most complete warm up/cool down.
    I also like abs & express for my "Lazy" days 20 minutes and done!
  • DSteele83
    Options
    I started doing Zumba on June 20th and LOVE IT!!!!! I have lost 10 pounds since I started and go 3-4 times a week. I also bought the dvds and like doing it at home to, but its really different and alot more fun going to the classes. :heart: ZUMBA:heart:
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I took my first Zumba class tonite. Loved it!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I really want to get the DVD's but i am not sure which ones are the best - there doesnt seem to just be one that I can just buy and start they are all multi buys.

I don't have a class near me that I can join but i do think this form of exercise would be fun and would help get rid of my mid section along with running.

I think you can only buy the most recent set (Exilerhate) from the Zumba web site, but you can probably find them both on Ebay. I have both sets and though the exercises are pretty much the same, the DVDs sets are really different. The first set obviously had a much lower budget and is more like a traditional workout video, where the instructors talk through the workouts. I think this was great for starting out. In the newer set there is much better coreography and music and the routines are done without talking. You have the option to turn on instructions ('learn it") or to do it without instruction ("feel it"). I still use both sets though, and I mix them up. I agree about the live DVDs though. Those are my favorites.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I use all of the originals
    Cardio Party
    Express
    Sculpt & Tone
    Abs
    Live

My favorite is live, don't have to listen to the instructors banter, get to see other people confused when I am (lol) and it has the most complete warm up/cool down.
    I also like abs & express for my "Lazy" days 20 minutes and done!

Abs is one of my favorites. I try to do it at least twice a week because it really tones your abs but is much more fun than crunches (bleh!)
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ok...I know this is off topic for this...but, am I the only one who doesn't like Zumba? I had the DVD's and ended up selling them on ebay.

I love that you all love it! And I wish I could too! Do you take a class? Is that what makes it different?
    I think doing the class is different than doing the DVD's. And I think it depends on the instructor. There is one instructor at my gym that I hate taking her class.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I think doing the class is different than doing the DVD's. And I think it depends on the instructor. There is one instructor at my gym that I hate taking her class.

Yes, my daughter says the same thing about instructors. You need to shop around for one that you like. She takes classes and is the one that encouraged me to start Zumba. I haven't taken a class because I just don't have the time (60 min at home w DVD, vs. 40 min driving to/from class + 60 min).
  • jennyj09
    jennyj09 Posts: 80
    Options
    That's amazing!! Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
  • HopeytheHopester
    HopeytheHopester Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I love Zumba as well! It really doesn't feel like a workout at all. I have it for wii. I got it for my birthday this year. I really do wanna try the live classes. I don't know how many calories I'm burning but I'd like to! The zumba game for wii I have is called Zumba fitness, Join the party. I hope everyone has a chance to try zumba because it's fun, simple, and makes time fly by fast!
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Yes the class is so much better!!! I HATE the dvd's but LOVE LOVE LOVE a live class...which also depends alot on the instructor!
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree, I LOVE Zumba, it's what got me back into going to the gym about 1 year ago. Although I have to say I don't make it to as many classes lately I still try and go a couple times a week. My new found love is for "step" classes, they're not as "fun" as Zumba but they challenge me more physically and mentally.
    I tried the Zumba DVD's and they don't compare to doing it with an instructor and a class full of "fun"! Either way, if you're moving and having fun it doesn't matter does it?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!