3kg loss in August! we all did so well in July!!

Options

Replies

• Leanne3552000
    Leanne3552000 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I'm so pleased you posted another topic for July! I'm definately in :)

SW: 59.2kg
    Goal for end of august: 56.2kg

If I lose 3kg this month then I will be only 0.2kg off my mini goal.

There is a new rule at my gym where you can only use the tredmil for 30 minutes at a time so I'm going to have to brave the cold and get up early to run outside somedays. I'm going to try get up for a run tomorrow morning.

I hope you feel better soon Bree. Good Luck everyone! we can do this
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    WELCOME everyone :flowerforyou:

im soooooo glad you are all joining me!!!
    i think we can all motivated eachother.

please come here and vent! post inspirational pictures of either yourself or your goal figure.
    make them realisitc dont undercut yourself.
    i want to see real women that we inspire to be healthy like..

i wanna know diet tips, i wanna know our exercise goals or fitness goals, we will all find others on here with similar thingsa in mind and friendships will bloom!

get excited about weight loss!!!
    KNOW you can and WILL do this if not the month of august then we will continue til we get there!! :smile:

share everything and anything, post pictures of your changing shape inspire others!

have fun!!!

Okay, so time to share what I did yesterday it was so AWESOME!!! :bigsmile:
    I finally allowed myself the gift of buying some really lovely underwear :blushing:
    I don't how other ladies feel but this was one of the first 'gifts' I was going to give myself after reaching a mini goal.
    Well it had to take a back seat last month due to illness, bad news, huge work load and I totally forgot about it until my bra broke yesterday :laugh: So I bought 3 of the prettiest ones I could find (thank goodness for store sales). Funny thing is I've been pushing myself so hard to loose weight and stop being that fat person, I didn't realise until this morning that I'm only 19kg 'ish' away from my goal weight, it still seems a lot to me but on the other hand wow!
    So here's to all of you and everything we may all achieve, come on August 31, have I got a weight loss goal for you :drinker:

On a different note: Does anyone know how to deal with stretch marks or saggy skin? Two big babies and weight gain certainly did some damage, I can feel the toning underneath but the skin kinda hangs...not cool at all.:grumble:
    Still, the new underwear is nice :wink:

Bree hope you get better real soon and are fighting fit for August :flowerforyou:
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Reached a big milestone (for me) yesterday! I ran 30 minutes straight outdoors. I can run longer on the treadmill, but always found it very hard to run any sort of distance outdoors. So I'm really proud I've hit the 30 minute milestone! Next goal is 40 mins, which I hope I can build up to within the next week. I feel like after 20 minutes, it's all mental!
  • aegira
    aegira Posts: 204
    Options
    Reached a big milestone (for me) yesterday! I ran 30 minutes straight outdoors. I can run longer on the treadmill, but always found it very hard to run any sort of distance outdoors. So I'm really proud I've hit the 30 minute milestone! Next goal is 40 mins, which I hope I can build up to within the next week. I feel like after 20 minutes, it's all mental!

Way to go what a great milestone, congratulations. :bigsmile:
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma in regards to running, I really want to give it a go but my doctor says no because I've been told I have osteoarthritis.
    Sooo I'm wondering if a) I can b) I should or c) I just keep walking but for longer distances :laugh:
    Oh the choices the choices :smile:
  • Seajolly
    Options
    I'm in a bit of a dilemma in regards to running, I really want to give it a go but my doctor says no because I've been told I have osteoarthritis.
    Sooo I'm wondering if a) I can b) I should or c) I just keep walking but for longer distances :laugh:

I usually say ALWAYS listen to your doctor, but sometimes a second opinion is needed. I'd see another doctor for another opinion. I've actually read some articles that OA is actually improved with exercises like running. I wonder if a sports doctor would know if this is true?
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Sooo I'm wondering if a) I can b) I should or c) I just keep walking but for longer distances
    [/quote]

WOW 19KG away!!!! thats sooooo good and from where you started amamzing!!!!!!! soooo very proud of you
    congrats!!!!
    i would say add longer distances if time permits, why not?? how far are you walking daily now???

YYYAAAAAYYYYY aimee!!!!!!!
    thats is the BEST milestone ever causeits a fitness one!!! you arent worried about the scales or measure its all about your physical ability!!!!!
    sooo very true about the mental part. it gets you but once you push through it its amazing where your legs can take you...
    how far are you getting in 30min do you know???
    congrats super job!!!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Not going very far yet. Trying to build up on time first, then will build up on speed. I did a little over 2 miles in 30 mins the other day. Next time I run I'm going to try to go farther in that same amount of time. I'm hesitant to push myself too far too fast because I don't want to risk shin splints again or another injury!
  • bethly
    bethly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    WoohWooh! Nice work everyone!

I'm just happy that I've been able to really get myself a little sweaty on my rides home from work. Trying to take the longer way and keep myself at about 23-25kph. So far so good!
  • breezad
    Options
    fantastic work everyone!!!
    but where are all my regulars!!!??????

come back and get the motivation here!!!!

first weigh in today was 1kg down.
    todays weight 76kg exactly. which means i need another 400g loss to be under my 'sick' weight. so thats good then i can focus on getting another 3kg hopefully!! :)

keep it up everyone.
    im on day 2 of 30day shred doing 30days in a roW! altoguh ill tell you im buggered already haha i didnt wanna do it this morning and its only day 2... eeek! :)

soldier on i say! have a great weeekend to all those who have a weekend starting later today or all of you who start tomorrow! :)
    keep your chins up, weather is getting better here and no excuses!!!! :)
    lets all bring this home together!!! :)

xx
  • miss84
    miss84 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    OK im in again!!! I joined the last challenge, but only lost around 1-1.5kg.... better than nothing I guess!!!
    If I can get myself to 55kg by spring I will be over the moon!!!!!
    With the weather finally improving here, its a good motivator to get outdoors and get some miles in my legs! :)
    My 2 main issues with food are - being bored at work and looking for sweet food like biscuits, and also after work, and on the weekends, my problem is alcohol!!! I cant go with out... so im going to try to start on lower calorie drinks like vodka and lime etc...

Good Luck everyone!!!
    Weigh in today - 57.4kg
    Goal - 55kg
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone :smile:

How are you all going for the first week of August??

I'm having a great week so far, have upped my exercise as I had been getting a bit lazy and only exercising when I went to the gym (usually I go 3 days a week). Hubby and I have got a trial for a new gym that opened up near us and all the machines are shiny and brand new, you can even watch the tv right on the treadmill screen, just plug in your headphones!! Haha its quite sad the things that excite me these days :laugh: I only started there yesterday but I did a circuit express class which was great, it was like having a personal trainer, there were only 3 of us doing it and we just went around the different weight machines doing 1min on each then things like pushups/crunches/lunges etc in between each set, the girl taking the class was tough but it was fantastic for a 30min workout!!

Have been eating really well and easily staying under calories, will see how I go tomorrow as weekends have been my downfall :grumble:

After I went to the gym this morning I stopped in at Target to get something for my son and there were a lot of clothes on clearance so after an hour of trying things on (who would have thought I would ever love doing that) I came out with 2 new dresses and a top. Now the last time I bought a dress just for everyday wear was probably when I was a little girl :happy: I just did'nt have the shape for dresses so I was so happy to try on a dress and actually like how it looked!! I started out trying on a size 14 and ended up buying a size 10 :smile:

Oh and I had my hair done on Tuesday so I feel like a new woman :bigsmile:

Hope you are all doing well and have a great weekend everyone!!
  • freeloaves
    freeloaves Posts: 281
    Options
    If it isn't too late, I'm in. Want to lose more than that, but 3kg for August is a good enough goal!

CW: 91kgs
    End of August: 88kgs
    GW: 70kgs
  • Leanne3552000
    Options
    I still havn't made it for my morning run. I know it's a terrible excuse but it's just so cold when I wake up that the thought of being outside for longer than my usual 5min walk to the gym makes me snuggle back into my blankets.
    I managed to run 5km in my half hour slot on the tredmil tonight though.
    I also need to get back into the 30DS. Got to day 5 and decided to have a break. It's been 5 days and I havn't gone back so that's my goal for tomorrow. I know once i start again i'll keep going.

I havn't been doing too well on the eating front :(. On the evenings that i don't go to the gym I find i get really hungry. Grr this feels like the start of July. I'm really scared to weigh myself incase i've gained again!

Amanda- I would be excited by tvs on the tredmil too! thats so cool.
    Bree- 1kg down already that's fantastic! well done
  • Leanne3552000
    Options
    Sorry double post
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    OK, again...I'm late joining lol!! But it was nice to have a little group last month so here I am!!

Current weight: 78.9kgs (174lbs)
    Goal by end of August: 75.9kgs (167lbs)

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!

x
  • Leanne3552000
    Options
    Lost 0.9kg this week. I musn't have been as bad as i thought. That's the most i've lost in one week before.
    Definately going to continue drinking my 8 glasses of water. It really does make a difference!
  • Seajolly
    Options
    Lost 0.9kg this week. I musn't have been as bad as i thought. That's the most i've lost in one week before.
    Definately going to continue drinking my 8 glasses of water. It really does make a difference!

That is AWESOME! I've felt lately like the scale is stuck. :ohwell: Just not shifting as fast as I'd like it to! I'm wondering if I should lower my cals down to 1300 for a few days (they are at 1400 currently) and see how it goes.
    481471 Posts: 95
    Options
    Hey! Im back!
    Not doing so well so far (can you pass me on that illness you had lol!)
    But back with you guys again to kick another 3kg off my body!! :D
  • breezad
    Options
    OK im in again!!! I joined the last challenge, but only lost around 1-1.5kg.... better than nothing I guess!!!
    If I can get myself to 55kg by spring I will be over the moon!!!!!
    With the weather finally improving here, its a good motivator to get outdoors and get some miles in my legs! :)
    My 2 main issues with food are - being bored at work and looking for sweet food like biscuits, and also after work, and on the weekends, my problem is alcohol!!! I cant go with out... so im going to try to start on lower calorie drinks like vodka and lime etc...

Good Luck everyone!!!
    Weigh in today - 57.4kg
    Goal - 55kg

heyyyyy welcome back!!!
    2.4kg! easy!!! we'll get you there!!!
    acholohl os a great weight gainer! so if you just swap not stop then you will get the satisfaction and treqat without sooo many calories. wat were you drinking???

swapping wine to a low caloprie wine or even better a spirit where like you said, a nip of vodka, diet lemonade and diet lime cordial or a piece of lime, very yummy!
    gets you happy on the scales and out socially :)
  • breezad
    Options
    Hey! Im back!
    Not doing so well so far (can you pass me on that illness you had lol!)
    But back with you guys again to kick another 3kg off my body!! :D

wish i had it back too :(
    hang in there hun!! we arent that far in august, which means its still VERY doable to get that 3kg off before the end of the month!!!!!
    glad ytour back!