Bootie Busters (closed group)

Options

Replies

• rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    As I understand it, "Up and Downs" are the same as "Squat Lunges" which are the same as "Burpees" .... 3 different descriptions for the same excercize.
  • princilam99
    princilam99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    8/1 – Completed exercise and food challenge
    8/2 – Completed exercise and food challenge (but I didn't drink all 8 glasses of water)
    8/3- Completed exercise, food and water challenge!
    8/4-
    8/5-
    8/6-
  • Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    As I understand it, "Up and Downs" are the same as "Squat Lunges" which are the same as "Burpees" .... 3 different descriptions for the same excercize.

Burpees are actually not the same as squat lunges. Squat lunges are: in a standing position, squat, stand, bring your feet to the center, then lunge.

Burpees are: Squat, place your hands on the ground, jump back into push up position, jump your feet back into a squat, stand, repeat.

Hope this helps...
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    8/1 – Completed exercise, and food/water, 100 Jumping Jacks
    8/2 - Completed exercise, and food/water, 1 extra mile
    8/3 - Completed exercise, and food/water, 50 sit-ups
    8/4 - Completed exercise, and food/water, 50 up/downs
    8/5
    8/6
    8/7
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    8/1 - completed both
    8/2 - completed both
    8/3 - completed both
    8/4 - completed both
  • susanb_16
    susanb_16 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    8/1 – Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/2 - Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/3 - Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/4 - Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/5
    8/6
  • TheGreatYaYa
    TheGreatYaYa Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Easy Day -- Come on -- CHALLENGE ME!! -- I Ain't Skeerd! Hahahahahaha

8/1--Completed exercise and food challenges!
    8/2 --Completed exercise and food challenges!
    8/3 -- Completed exercise and food challenges!! (Made modification Thurs. a.m. and went over calorie limit)
    8/4 -- Completed exercise (100 toe-touches) and food challenges!!
    8/5
    8/6
  • Femtec74
    Femtec74 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    8/1 – Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/4 - Completed exercise, food and water challenges (had to modify exercise challenge, but I got it done.)
    8/5
    8/6
  • gothicprophet
    Options
    8/1 - Completed exercise and food challenge.
    Drank at least 9 glasses of water today; had to make up for some excess sodium.

8/2 - Sorry guys, couldn't get the +1 mile; tendonitis has me sitting around. Calories shouldn't be a problem though. :D
    8/3 & 8/4 - Didn't get a chance to post last night; crappy dinner (nutrition wise, both days) but I was under my calories and managed to get the challenges done for both days; always drink 8+ glasses of water so that part wasn't a problem on either day.

Provided my ankles are recuperated enough by the "rest" day, I will do the +1 mile then so at least I've gotten all the challenge exercises in during the week. And the healing is going along nicely, improvements every day! I'm gonna take a naproxen and go to bed.
  • bf41382
    bf41382 Posts: 51
    Options
    8/1 both completed
    8/2 both completed
    8/3 both completed
    8/4 both completed (barely...went to a durham bulls baseball game for a buddies "bachelor party" ) almost went over with the beer alone lol
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I almost went over on calories! But in the end, I did okay.

8/1 - Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/4 - Completed exercise, food and water challenges
    8/5
    8/6
  • BeilaLin
    BeilaLin Posts: 189
    Options
    8/1 - Completed exercise (on 8/4), and water challenge (water only, not food challenge)
    8/2 - Completed exercise (on 8/4), food and water challenges
    8/3 - I didn't do the exercise, but i did the stairmaster for 75 min....DOES THIS COUNT???), completed food and water challenges
    8/4 - Completed exercise (on 8/4), food and water challenges

So i ended up doing other exercises along with the up down's in the asian guy's you tube video...that's a good warm up!!!
    I also did the 100 jumping jacks today and the push ups (50 push ups, and 50 sit ups).

So glad to have this challenge!
    I actually opened up and assmbled my push up bars/stands so I can do them at home! They have been sitting in the box ever since I bought them a year and a half ago! This cheallenge is really motivating me to drink and exercise :)
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    I don't know who the warrior chick is that I have chosen, but the look on her face certainly describes the way I feel about the fat on my thighs and butt.

8/1 - Completed exercise and food challenge. (100 jumping jacks) Also completed C25K training...
    8/2 - Complete food, excercise and water challenge (Extra-Mile +water)
    8/3 - Completed food, exercise and water challenge (100 situps)
    8/4 - Completed food, exercise and water challenge -modified up & downs for beginner level. Also completed C25K training w/ an additional mile.
    8/5 -
    8/6 -
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    8/1 -Completed excercise and food & water challenge!!
    8/2 -Completed excercise and food & water challenge!!
    8/3 -Completed excercise and food & water challenge!!
    8/4 -Completed excercise and food & water chalenge!!
    8/5
    8/6

• Ladydi1982
    Ladydi1982 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    8/1-Completed exercise and food challenges! (15 cups of water)
    8/2-Completed exercise and food challenges! (12 cups of water)
    8/3-Completed exercise and food challenges! (13 cups of water)
    8/4-Completed exercise and food challenges! (11 cups of water & I hated every single Up and Down today lol)
    8/5-
    8/6-
  • tonicia
    tonicia Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    8/1 – Completed exercise and food challenge (and water) = )
    8/2 – Completed exercise and food challenge (and water) = )
    8/3 – Completed exercise and food challenge (and water) = )
    8/4 – Completed exercise and food challenge (and water) = )
    8/5
    8/6

Started the day with a migraine/ended it with fried fair food. Still made it...no clue how!
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    8/1 – Completed food & water and exercise challenge 100 jumping jacs
    8/2 -- Completed food & water challenge only, epic fail on extra mile...I saw my TYPO and fixed this to food only!!!
    8/3 -- Completed food & water and excercise challenge
    8/4 -- Completed food & water challenge only-- can I get extra credit for stair climing and water sliding????
    8/5
    8/6
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Just an update for you guys:

Because of all the craziness and changes going on with the teams, Gary has stated that every team will get points for everyone this week. This is no reason to slack though because we're awesome and can handle it!!

Also, instead of points for lbs lost, youre now getting points for % of weight lost. Dont worry about calculating it, Ill take care of it.

Thats it for now! Hopefully ill be getting next weeks challenges in soon.

You guys are killing it this week, I hope youre proud of yourselves :-). Thank you SO much for being so great at posting your progress here, it really does make my life easier.
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    8/1 – Completed exercise and food challenge
    8/2 – Completed exercise and food challenge
    8/3 – Completed exercise and food challenge
    8/4 – Completed exercise and food challenge
    8/5
    8/6

So from what I've read here we have now lost our chance for the extra points, correct?
  • timeforme23
    Options

So from what I've read here we have now lost our chance for the extra points, correct?

We would have, but Gary pretty much gave every team immunity this week because of all the changes. Everyone gets points and every team gets the extra 5 this week. I encourage you guys to keep doing the challenges though, not only will it assist with your weight loss points, but it will help prepare you for whatever comes next. He did say they will get more challenging.