Help me play matchmaker plz

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    well, guess what everybody.......................chicken butt. LOL he invited me on a date, even before I bought the stuff to make the cupcakes:laugh:

I was just coming back to see what you'd decided to do about the cupcakes and I saw this.
    YAY!!! Dating is so exciting when it's young and fresh! (That made me sound old, haha.)
    I'll bet after he asked you out, you went home and did this:
    not-tagged-smiley-10782.gif
    (I would have)

So when are you going out???
    This Friday the 13th?????
    VALENTINES DAY?!?!?!?!?!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    cupcakes are a great idea - if they scared him away he wasn't really interested anyway. It's simple and it's food - men love food! (of course so do I or I wouldn't beon this site would i?!)
  • enigmakey
    enigmakey Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I think the card and cupcakes are purrrrfect:bigsmile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    I think the card and cupcakes are purrrrfect:bigsmile:

I love your kitty avatar.
    Always makes me giggle.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My advice was going to be...forget reading books that tell you what to do..just be yourself. I think you can get some great insights from self help books, but just like with weight loss, what works for one does NOT work for all. Since he all ready asked you out, he obviously is into you for being you, not you b/c you followed some rules in a book. I hope you have a great date and I think giving him some cupcakes is a great idea! Good luck!
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    you guys want info on the date?

he asked me to a group date, a party. Some friends invited him and he didn't want to go alone... so he said are you free on thursday( the 12th). I truthfully said " I don't know because I don't have my shifts for next week at work yet"

After class this morning he came by again and said " do you have your shifts?" I told him that I was free. I still don't have that much info about the party... I do have a cell phone number and email though:drinker:
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options

he asked me to a group date, a party. Some friends invited him and he didn't want to go alone... so he said are you free on thursday( the 12th). I truthfully said " I don't know because I don't have my shifts for next week at work yet"

After class this morning he came by again and said " do you have your shifts?" I told him that I was free. I still don't have that much info about the party... I do have a cell phone number and email though:drinker:

awesome! you still going to make the cupcakes?
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

heh heh, I will bet that depends on how the date goes on the 12th!
  • heather0mc
    Options

heh heh, I will bet that depends on how the date goes on the 12th!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: i love living vicariously! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Oops, I forgot another fav book of mine is by Dr. John Gray:heart:

Tks for keeping us posted of what is going on. Wish you all the best. Take good care. :flowerforyou:
  • wildesca
    Options
    A guys point of view...... Sweets from a sweet are good period. But a lot of us aren't good at the figuring things out business with females. So do add a card. Not to soppy, maybe a nice fun one. Way to a mans heart is through his stomach, the way to his brain is much more difficult.
  • DBranchaud
    DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    :heart: HE LOVED THE CUPCAKES!!!!:heart:

he said "It's soo sweet. I've never had a girl make me anything before" It was allso a kinda cute moment, us sitting on the bench eatting cupcakes together.:flowerforyou: talking about each other. He likes alot of the same stuff as me.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I'll admit I don't know if anyone has asked a young guy yet, there's just too many posts, but my 18 year old son, said that cupcakes would be wicked, and if he was lucky enough to have a girl make em for him he would def invite her to share them with him as well...oh and he said 4 is by no means too many cupcakes lol

OK I was seriously late with that post wasn't I?? lol
  • Jelybe
    Jelybe Posts: 266 Member
    Options

he said "It's soo sweet. I've never had a girl make me anything before" It was allso a kinda cute moment, us sitting on the bench eatting cupcakes together.:flowerforyou: talking about each other. He likes alot of the same stuff as me.

Ooooooh! YAY!!!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    A guys point of view...... Sweets from a sweet are good period. But a lot of us aren't good at the figuring things out business with females. So do add a card. Not to soppy, maybe a nice fun one. Way to a mans heart is through his stomach, the way to his brain is much more difficult.

Glad you said that, my hubby is the same way!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
  • heather0mc
    Options

awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Yay!
  • tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Yay! Thanks for finding this!! So excited for her!
  • walter
    Options
    Truth is if he is into you that will be a great idea. Most men aren't into cards and flowers but cupcakes I think would be nice. Not to much but enough to let him know you like him, and you never know he may bring you something also. Good luck hope everything goes great for you. By the way I know im late hope everything went great. Wow Im bad late didn't read last page im happy it went great for you.