Average weight recorded from October: 125.87
    Average weight recorded from November: 123.62

Week of December 1: 123
    Week of December 8: 127.5
    Week of December 15: 125
    Week of December 22:
    Week of December 29:

Struggles/successes of the week:
    Better week. Still up from November, but lower than my weight goal over all. It’s just hard.
    Food exercise and eating this week.

You are doing great, are you trying to be below your maintenance weight range?
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

Name: Jen
    Height: 5'2.5"
    Total Weight lost:145lbs
    Time it took to lose: 2.75yrs
    How long in maintenance : Since 4/14/17
    Maintenance weight range: Would like to stay under 122 at morning weigh-in.

January avg weight trend: 126.8lbs
    February avg weight trend: 126.1lbs
    March avg weight trend: 124.6lbs
    April avg weight trend: 122.9lbs
    May avg weight trend: 123.4lbs
    June avg weight trend: 122.6lbs
    July avg weight trend: 122.3lbs
    August avg weight trend: 118.9lbs
    September avg weight trend: 119.1lbs
    October avg weight trend: 118.6lbs
    November avg weight trend: 118.8lbs

Trend week of...
    24th November: 118.1lbs
    1st December: 117.6lbs
    8th December: 116.8lbs
    15th December: 116.7lbs

Successes of the week: Made some better food decisions a few times this week. Tried to make an effort to bring treats home for evening instead of munching at school where I don't have time to enjoy them.

Had some pretty good workouts this week, too.

Challenges of the week: Still dealing with some compulsive eating. Banking did not work out, however I stayed pretty close to maintenance. Definitely shortchanged myself on sleep again!
  • bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Name:BBJ
    Height:5'7"
    Total Weight lost: 38 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 5 months
    How long in maintenance: 7 months
    Maintenance weight range:112-115
    Fitness goal-Complete Strong Curves and rehab

Start of Jan: 148 lbs
    Start of Feb: 139 lbs
    Start of March: 133
    Start of Apr-127.2
    Start of May: 122.6
    Start of June-115.0-GOAL
    start of July- 115
    Start of august-115
    Start of sept 112
    Start of oct:113
    Start of Nov-111
    Start of Dec-113

December 1: 113.2
    December 8: 110.2
    December 15: 110.4
    December 22:
    December 29:

Success/struggles: big weekend with parties and houseguests. Monday was a bust but I was in the gym every day after. I dropped the calories and ate clean for the week and I am about where I was last week. Working on staying strong until I leave for the holidays as I am certain that I won’t be as free while I am away, though I will do the best I can. Rehab is a pain. I just wish I could ruuuuun.
  • fidangul
    fidangul Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    @mk2fit I wonder if that feeling of being "afraid to regain" the weight back ever does go away?!?! It always mingles at the back of my mind. And it has also led to me pushing other things in life away.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    fidangul wrote: »
    @mk2fit I wonder if that feeling of being "afraid to regain" the weight back ever does go away?!?! It always mingles at the back of my mind. And it has also led to me pushing other things in life away.

I was severely overweight for 25 years and gained back large amounts twice during that time. I don't think the fear of regaining will ever go away, but I see that as a good thing. It helps keep me on track. Underweight is not my problem and I doubt it will ever be. Focus on maintaining a HEALTHY weight!
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Wow, I see a lot of us are staying at or below our target maintenance weight! Keep up the great work, ladies. I think something to keep in mind is weighing in underweight. I am guilty of this. I know it is hard to find that happy balance in maintenance. We are all afraid to re-gain that damn weight, however being underweight is almost as dangerous as being overweight. I must confess, I am still a couple pounds underweight, but so far my doc is OK with it. What say you? P.S. Still 116#.

I think as long as we feel OK and are eating to our plan, have energy, muscle etc.. that it's OK to be a little light on the "charts". I am keeping a close eye on the moving avg from the Happy Scale ap. I am a little light to my range right now but so hard to see real trends just yet... and.... Unfortunately, I am now dealing with an injury which is keeping my running in check so until I start working out again I am cutting out 200-300 cals per day off my maintenance. It's a guess because all my data for cals in includes my running 25-30 miles per week but this too is a learning experience. I am trying to think of it as **another set of information** for what level my maintenance eating needs to be when I am injured. I have been thinking about that anyway as a whether to eat more when I work out harder (daily fluctuations) or whether to keep my weekly calories at the same level without fluctuations. I tend to want to stay ahead of the game and not end up trending up but it's all new to me right now. Interesting question to pose. Thanks for letting me be a part of this team.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Name: Brenda
    Height: 5'2"
    Starting Weight:194 on 9/6/2016
    Time it took to lose: 37 weeks
    Total Weight lost: 64 pounds on 5/27/2017
    How long in maintenance: 29 Weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 130 or below

Average weight recorded from...
    June............129
    July..............130
    August.........129
    September...129
    October........129
    November....129

Week of:
    Dec 2.....128
    Dec 9.....128
    Dec 16...127 :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,973 Member
    Options
    @mk2fit You are so right. I have had to lower my maintenance range several times. I still have 10-12 pounds to go before I would be considered underweight. But it is so hard not to worry about re-gaining. It is easy to tell myself that I don't want to lose any more weight and believe it. But the idea that maybe I should gain a couple of pounds is hard to deal with. I guess because once I started counting calories the weight came off as expected, but once I tried to start maintaining I have continued to slowly lose. I guess I worry that if I try to gain back a couple of pounds when I stop trying to gain and just maintain I will slowly continue to gain. I do feel good where I am, and my running is going well. I honestly think I am eating more now than when I was fat. I'm just a lot more active. For now i will just try to make sure I hit my goal every day and not have too many days under. And next week with Christmas coming up I will try not to worry if I go over. But it is so hard not to fear gaining the weight back.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Name: Micmac1007
    Height: 5’3”
    Total Weight lost: 45 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 9 months
    How long in maintenance: 1 year, 2 month
    Maintenance weight range: 117 - 123

Only started on Happy Scale in August - using the average weight recorded on the last day of each month below.

Average weight recorded from August: 118.6
    Average weight recorded from September: 121.1
    Average weight recorded from October: 118.4
    Average weight recorded from November: 121.2

Moving Average at end of week ...
    2nd December: 121.0
    9th December: 120.6
    16th December: 120.2
    23rd December:
    30th December:

Success/struggles of the week: continued to struggle with completing end of year deadline projects - that should be done now as the cut off for all projects against the 2017 budget was yesterday!

But then I got in a car accident yesterday afternoon (my first ever), so I am home bound in the snow while waiting for the claims agent to approve my rental car. Should be up and running by Monday. Just glad no one was hurt...

I can feel that my body is stressed - my legs and ribs are sensitive to the touch. I just know I have a lot of cortisol built up over the last two weeks - the “whoosh” effect should be coming any day now once I let go of the stress and water weight. Just got to take it one day at a time and focus on the big picture.

• bringbackthejoy
    bringbackthejoy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Also, when you are rehabbing an injury and you know that there is a loss of muscle, if you want your clothes to fit the same way...I don’t want to have to lose fat again just to stay the same # on the scale. That said, I have only been in maintenance for 7 months it’s a lot of trial and error. As long as my docs are ok, I am ok being a little under. I am also ok being a little over when I know my muscles are heavier during the winter/ skiing months as my body is a tool that allows me to do the activities that I want. Such a journey.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    mk2fit wrote: »
    Wow, I see a lot of us are staying at or below our target maintenance weight! Keep up the great work, ladies. I think something to keep in mind is weighing in underweight. I am guilty of this. I know it is hard to find that happy balance in maintenance. We are all afraid to re-gain that damn weight, however being underweight is almost as dangerous as being overweight. I must confess, I am still a couple pounds underweight, but so far my doc is OK with it. What say you? P.S. Still 116#.

@mk2fit , definitely there's the ever present awareness of regaining. Although, having been maintaining for over a year, i feel a lot mor confident in my ability to keep it off. I have quite a few experiences of loosing weight and regaining lbs lost plus some extra. But i know that in the past I've made a mistake of making the change a temporary thing, cutting out certain foods or even groups of food altogether (reference to you, "atkins diet"!), and obviously temporary change provided temporary result. So now my approach is different, it's a permanent way of eating and moderating my needs and wants. I'm not underweight by any means, and i catch myself getting upset if i see scale climbing up a few pounds and staying there a few days too many, or opposite, if it goes down some, i give myself a quick pat on the back (not literally, but still...). So at this point i would say it's not a fear so much, but realization of having to be vigilant and paying attention without fail, probably for the rest of my life, as far as i can see. I have to say, this thread is so encouraging, love to see people here overcoming their difficulties and sharing positive experiences. Thank you, everyone, for your honesty, support and participation.
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Great feedback everyone. Thanks! It is nice to know I am (we are) not alone in this.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,789 Member
    Options
    Name: Summer
    Height: 5'1.75"
    Total Weight lost: ~32 lbs
    Time it took to lose: 4 months
    How long in maintenance: 10 weeks
    Maintenance weight range: 99-101

Average weight recorded from October: 103.9
    Average weight recorded from November: 100.9

Avg 26 Nov thru 2 Dec 99.8
    Avg 3 Dec - 9 Dec 99.1
    Avg 10 Dec - 16 Dec 98.9

Success/struggles of the week/month: 11 weeks in to maintaining and my first real challenge. I thought the weather and the shorter daylight would be my nemesis, but it turns out that at 59 you can run into a door with your hip and put yourself totally out of commission. sigh. Yeah. No running for a while so I am going to have to play with cals in for a couple of weeks to see what the trends are. Expect the next couple trends to be up. Trying to look on the bright side and maybe a couple weeks off running after hitting it hard since July will allow all those little aches and pains to heal up totally too. It will also be informational for me to see what my intake needs to be without working out hard.
  • pkweier
    pkweier Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @mk2fit You are so right. I have had to lower my maintenance range several times. I still have 10-12 pounds to go before I would be considered underweight. But it is so hard not to worry about re-gaining. It is easy to tell myself that I don't want to lose any more weight and believe it. But the idea that maybe I should gain a couple of pounds is hard to deal with. I guess because once I started counting calories the weight came off as expected, but once I tried to start maintaining I have continued to slowly lose. I guess I worry that if I try to gain back a couple of pounds when I stop trying to gain and just maintain I will slowly continue to gain. I do feel good where I am, and my running is going well. I honestly think I am eating more now than when I was fat. I'm just a lot more active. For now i will just try to make sure I hit my goal every day and not have too many days under. And next week with Christmas coming up I will try not to worry if I go over. But it is so hard not to fear gaining the weight back.

I feel the same way the fear of regaining makes me keep losing. I know I'm at a healthy weight and battle every day with trying to eat the calories I can. I know in my head I've got to start although when I eat more I get full quickly and stop eating.
  • CoachJen71
    CoachJen71 Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    @sofchak I am so sorry that you were in an accident, but very glad you are ok! *hugs*
  • mdgirl211
    mdgirl211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Name: Diane
    Height: 5'2
    Total Weight lost: 2 pounds
    Time it took to lose: 1 week
    How long in maintenance: 1 week
    Maintenance weight range: 195 - 193

Week of...
    3rd December: 193
    10th December:
    17th December:
    24th December:
    31st December:

Success/struggles of the week: I went to the doctor and she said that all my health issues are weight related. I'm not feeling good about this.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Thanks, @CoachJen71. Appreciate the kind words.

I think we are both worse for wear at the moment when it comes to lack of sleep these days. Cheers to the ability for us both to prioritize sleep better moving forward. I sincerely think sleep impacts our ability to make good decisions (willpower) throughout the day. Let’s see what a new week brings!