Detox Drinks

Options
13»

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    How have i got safely and healthily to age 54 without ever once consuming organic beet juice??? :o

or even non-organic beet juice.

Spare yourself. That stuff is just plain nasty. I think drinking water with dirt mixed in it might even taste better. The purple pee/poo is quite fun though (especially if you don't remember you had that nasty concoction and need to deliver a sample of urine at the doctor's :tongue: )

I'm pretty sure drinking that has taken 1-2 years off of my expected lifetime!
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    Options
    I want to thankeveryone for this input, I've definitely given up the tea's and ill only be drinking fruit infused water, nothing that says detox

Good! Drink things you like without dubious ingredients (some of those detox teas contain laxatives).

I love putting fresh peppermint leaves in my water. Gives it a lovely minty tasted and feels cool and refreshing. :smile:
  • leeabrown5054
    leeabrown5054 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity what's everyone's take on juicing? I have a friend that does it every three years they juice for about 3 months only liquid juice homemade from there juicer and they usually keep the weight off for about a year-and-a-half.
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Out of curiosity what's everyone's take on juicing? I have a friend that does it every three years they juice for about 3 months only liquid juice homemade from there juicer and they usually keep the weight off for about a year-and-a-half.

A flatmate did it for 10 days, he lost 3kg of water weight and promptly put it all back on again. He couldn't walk too far from a toilet as he needed to poop constantly. The one upside was that he'd clean the house constantly to distract him from the endless hunger.

10/10 don't recommend. Stick to a calorie deficit and you'll lose weight. No need to deprive yourself.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Ironically I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to have a colonoscopy :confounded: And the nurses were just now gathered around talking about doing a 30 day juice cleanse. I had to hold my tongue hard... I had so many questions for them , but i had to be pleasant and nod and smile considering they'll be near my nether regions momentarily :wink:
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ironically I'm sitting in the waiting room waiting to have a colonoscopy :confounded: And the nurses were just now gathered around talking about doing a 30 day juice cleanse. I had to hold my tongue hard... I had so many questions for them , but i had to be pleasant and nod and smile considering they'll be near my nether regions momentarily :wink:

Just goes to show there are a lot of medical professionals who are clueless/ignorant when it comes to nutrition. A friend of mine’s wife is a career RN (has been in the field for around 30 years), and talking to her about nutrition is like watching an episode of the Dr. Oz show.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »

Just goes to show there are a lot of medical professionals who are clueless/ignorant when it comes to nutrition. A friend of mine’s wife is a career RN (has been in the field for around 30 years), and talking to her about nutrition is like watching an episode of the Dr. Oz show.

Oh Geez, how frustrating! You'd think medical staff would have more Sciency brains/critical thinkers, rather than woo wooeyness.