Why wait until January 1 - let's log now!

Options
I am looking to connect with anyone that needs to get on track or stay on track during the next couple weeks. I have not been logging my meals regularly, and I keep saying I will start after the holidays. However, the pounds are creeping on, so I have decided I need to be accountable now, and not use the holidays as an excuse. I am committing to logging all my food starting now and invite anyone else to join me. When I log, I tend to lose weight, because it is in my face how many calories I am eating. I make better decisions. I lost 35 pounds this year. So if you are in the same boat as me, let's use this thread to check in and stay accountable for good results during this challenging season.

Replies

• HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Count me in, I am just starting back with MFP, would love to have and be of support. Feel free to add me as afriend.
  • valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a great idea! I'm starting to gain as well and I'm worried about the holidays.

So my goal today is to get to spin class this evening. It is so hard because I'm tired at the end of the day. I also want to log all my meals and stay within my calories. It's surprisingly hard to just log.

Let me know how your day is going and feel free to add me liliacrose!
  • beth_weigt
    beth_weigt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m in - have put on weigt and I need to loose it. It will be hard over the next week and a half as I have a dinner out tonight, Christmas Eve here and then out of town for a week for New Year’s Eve. I am working on getting back to regular exercise and currently have set a goal to reach at least 5000 steps a day. By logging food hopefully I see my mistakes in choices.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    New year resolutions are what brings a lot of people here, but if that's the only thing that brings you here then come April you'll probably have given up. As you said.. don't wait. Accept the fact that the holidays are going to mean over eating and move on with it. This should be a new way of life; logging won't have to happen forever, but it should be a tool to help you learn how much to eat to lose, gain, or maintain your weight. Learning that skill may take months, or even years, to accomplish, and some of us may have to log the rest of our lives to get it right. Regardless, if you're here to lose weight and also learn how to eat for the foreseeable future to maintain your goal weight then there's no need to wait until some obligatory date on the calendar to get started. It's not a race.
  • UnicornAmandaPanda
    UnicornAmandaPanda Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! Same boat
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Did everyone log today? I did and st a 1500 calorie diet it doesn’t love a lot of wiggle room. Do you watch calories and macos? Do you log before you eat or after? I like to log before so I can see what that does to my day.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Did everyone log today? I did and st a 1500 calorie diet it doesn’t love a lot of wiggle room. Do you watch calories and macos? Do you log before you eat or after? I like to log before so I can see what that does to my day.

I'm over 1000 days into my MFP journey and I log every single day. I generally pre-log everything then adjust as necessary. This app is so slow and buggy that you almost have to do it once you get a bunch of friends or it'll become painfully slow pretty fast. It also helps to plan your day to pre-log as much as you can. Save common meals so you can add them quickly, then edit them as you need. Enter family recipes in the recipe builder so that you know how many calories in a serving. It all works well even if it is buggy at times. Sometimes it isn't possible, like this evening I am not sure what I'm having for dinner yet so it's blank.
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have been logging as I eat or drink anything. I do not preplan my meals - I change my mind to much. I need this right now.
  • pink_zeebra
    pink_zeebra Posts: 2 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    :) This is such a nice and supportive thread. I am back with MFP after a super long break. I noticed that getting back into cardio has helped me so much with stress, sleeping better, and I’m looking forward more to Christmas. I hope you all enjoy what the holidays have to offer and remember to talk kind to yourself (I tell myself what my 4th grade teacher always told the class “no put downs”). Holiday cheers!
  • beth_weigt
    beth_weigt Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well my logging totally failed yesterday - but today is a new day and since I will be in a car most of the day I won’t be tempted at home. I have packed my lunch (a protein shake), water and some nuts to handle my need to chew something
  • eyezblu00
    eyezblu00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I use my job and hectic day,eve,night work schedule to be an excuse for not eating right. I've been a member for a long time. Today I'll begin logging daily no matter what it is that goes in my mouth. I have a habit of not logging the little bites and what not. It's on!-
  • knrmn988
    knrmn988 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! These last few weeks have been terrible. I've logged the best I could, but I too feel the pounds creeping back on. Today, I'm within my calories and all of my macros! Also, feel free to add me as a friend!
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hello all! This thread is working for me! I came here to post, so I had to log first so I can say I did. Yesterday was actually surprising...I went to dinner and ate what I wanted and my macros and calories were in line with my goals and my blood sugar was good this morning. Yay! (Type 2 Diabetes, but my meds have been reduced to almost nothing as I lost weight. :) I figure 15-20 more pounds lost and I’ll be off the meds.)

I hope you are all doing well. I love reading your updates. If you missed a day, start again, or log the next day for the day before. Even if you are afraid to see it. My first time logging I decided to start right after a fast food lunch, I logged and was shocked to see my lunch exceeded my daily calorie allowance. Ouch. But I kept logging. Hiding from it doesn’t help.

Keep us updated and don’t beat yourself up if you had a bad day. It’s no reason to give up! We can do this, my new friends.
  • eyezblu00
    eyezblu00 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That is a big accomplishment! I can't say I could be resisted downing a bunch of cookies!
  • valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    So yesterday was a disaster, but I did log it all this morning. Today I'm going to try to eat a healthy lunch and dinner. It's very stressful at work right now so food serves as a source of comfort.
  • elane127
    elane127 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. I've been at home with my family surrounded by sweets and carbs. Definitely out of my normal routine and finding it hard to stay motivated. Would love some extra help!