Why wait until January 1 - let's log now!

Options

Replies

• amazsplendor
    amazsplendor Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Logging in my foods has been hit n miss. Who says you can't lose or at least remain the same weight during the holidays?
  • kstephenson40
    kstephenson40 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    The more the merrier!

Val, I’m a huge stress eater so I try to make sure I have almonds to snack on or gum to keep my mouth busy. And I try to drink water. Not saying it works every time, but it helps. I’m so proud you logged it anyway! That is a victory in my books!
  • kalvarez1990
    kalvarez1990 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I find it most helpful to log my foods as I am making my meals. This helps me make better choices.

Oh the subject of Christmas cookies... I have been avoiding this for a week. Self control is so hard after a fresh batch of cookies comes out of the oven
  • kstephenson40
    Options
    Kalvarez-you are not kidding. Did well yesterday. Today I indulged a bit. But I logged them. :)
  • kstephenson40
    Options
    Okay so I logged today. It was ugly but I did it! How about everyone else?
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Love this idea! Please count me in as well!
  • HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have logged today, had to cover with exercise calories to get through. I guess that is why I exercise - so I can have toasted cheese for lunch.
  • amazsplendor
    Options
    Okay so I logged today. It was ugly but I did it! How about everyone else?

Good job! Nope..I didn't but tomorrow is another day!
  • valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I logged and I was 13 calories over. doh. But I'm at 1200 calories so it's not easy. I did manage to get to spin. one step at a time I guess.
  • jb050794
    jb050794 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi! I logged today! You're so right, why wait until Jan 1st!? I did so well with MFP early in the year, lost a few lbs. The second half of the year, I gained it back, and then some. I'm going to try and log correctly this weekend and watch my plate size during family gatherings.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I logged and I was 13 calories over. doh. But I'm at 1200 calories so it's not easy. I did manage to get to spin. one step at a time I guess.

Did you add in some of those exercise calories.
  • happyfitr2d2
    happyfitr2d2 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and just what I need! I just saw this thread and am excited to start logging ...in the a.m. whether it is healthy or a little off, as I feeI if I don’t begin now, it may not happen and my body feels more sluggish the more I gain. I am wanting to be and feel lighter and take care of my body with healthy choices like less caffeine and more water and produce. Add me as a friend for support cause I can really use support too. I need to drop 50 + pounds. But I am going to take it one pound at a time.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I’ll join! One of my goals is to keep logging everything through the new year - with any holiday eating included. I do much less damage when I’m accountable for logging every bite.
  • amazsplendor
    Options
    I stepped on the scale this morning and I am up a pound. I am faithfully logging in now til the 1st .. good or bad!
  • kstephenson40
    Options
    Hi everyone! I logged my food today and I have no calories left for dinner. Oops. I think I'll take a brisk walk to even that out a bit.
    @wellnesschaser - glad to have you! Keep us updated on how you are doing. And add us as friends - this is an active bunch.

@planj - Way to commit! I know it will help you stay accountable.

@happyfitr2d2 - Baby steps will get us there! Log log log...

How did everyone else do? @jb050794 @valcandothis @fittocycle @Katherinelittle24 @lilacrose2005 @beth_weigt @UnicornAmandaPanda @kathleenford04 @GurlInterupted @pineapple_jojo @hopers285 @pink_zeebra @knrmn988 @eyezblu00 @elane127 @kalvarez1990 I want to hear from you. :-)

• HandiCrafter
    HandiCrafter Posts: 56 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I have logged everything I have eaten so far today. I treat myself to a latte on the days I have my haircut or have my nails done. So today I am using my exercise calories for my latte. Tomorrow I will have to watch myself--I am not going to the gym. I am going to grandson's Christmas program.
  • amazsplendor
    Options
    @kstephenson40 and @lilacrose2005 Good going making up cals with your exercise!

I logged everything and I am over .. but all is good!

I really want to make logging a everyday good habit.. a necessity to making my goals.
  • amazsplendor
    Options
    I have logged everything I have eaten so far today. I treat myself to a latte on the days I have my haircut or have my nails done. So today I am using my exercise calories for my latte. Tomorrow I will have to watch myself--I am not going to the gym. I am going to grandson's Christmas program.

Have fun!
  • valcandothis
    valcandothis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a disaster! Lunch out and them a work party...Today I am doing better. I need to stay within calories for dinner.