How can I lose weight without dieting

Options

Replies

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Winning marathoners pace themselves. Those who are fast out of the gate won't get their best time.

I suspect you have a winning formula. You are working out, getting stronger, and losing weight. Don't try and mess with the system by trying to go faster.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    The only way to lose weight without changing your diet is to move more... sometimes a lot more.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    How fast is "faster"? How much have you lost in what period of time?
    It is very unrealistic to think that you will lose weight and maintain it without some kind of change in your eating habits. I'm not saying impossible, but unlikely. You can look in Success Stories for people who've done this and how they've done it. (Be prepared to look through a LOT of posts.)
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately we can't make it happen "faster", in fact speeding it up is what causes so many restrictions. The very best way is create some meal plans you really like, with foods you really like, in the right portions just under your level of TDEE Today Daily Energy Expenditure (mostly based on your gender and height). Over time and with consistency, that is how it happens. None of us gets a short cut. Once you know what your TDEE is that's your reference for life. If you keep a notebook with some recipes or meal plans and know the values you can follow that instead of logging food every day.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    lorrpb wrote: »
    How fast is "faster"? How much have you lost in what period of time?
    It is very unrealistic to think that you will lose weight and maintain it without some kind of change in your eating habits. I'm not saying impossible, but unlikely. You can look in Success Stories for people who've done this and how they've done it. (Be prepared to look through a LOT of posts.)

Agreed. The thing that concerns me with the idea of losing weight without dietary changes is that it's almost impossible to guarantee that you will be able to keep up the level of exercise necessary to maintain that loss. Injury and illness can happen to anyone at any time, but within certain financial constraints, you're always going to have a pretty good amount of control over how much you eat.
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    mike_bold wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has recommended amputation for immediate weight loss.

I'm a problem solver.

We should also remember the human head weighs approximately 8-11 lbs. So subtract 8-11 from your current weight and you're lighter already!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    According to mfp, she hasn't been logged on to see any of the most excellent responses today.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Increase calorie expenditure
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    you cant out exercise a bad diet.

and

weight loss happens in the kitchen, fitness happens in the gym
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I lost about 10lbs in a month when I got pneumonia. No dieting, no working out. Easy Peasy
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I think @Nony_Mouse recommends exzema...
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    According to mfp, she hasn't been logged on to see any of the most excellent responses today.

Too bad - this is a nice thread isn't it?
  • emjay6x3
    emjay6x3 Posts: 213 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    emjay6x3 wrote: »
    Muscle weighs more than fat. So if you're lifting heavy, then it won't show on the scale. If you want to lose weight, besides calorie deficit, focus on higher reps/lighter weight.

Muscle is more dense than fat. It does not weight more, nor less. It takes up less space. So your body will look more compact/lean if you have more muscle than fat. A lb is still a lb!
    You COMPARE materials by volume for density. Therefore if you had the same volume of muscle and same volume of fat, muscle weighs more than fat. I get what you're saying, but it's incorrect.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

That being said, a pound of muscle still weighs the same as a pound of fat... Just as a pound of bricks still weighs the same as a pound of feathers. That was my point. :)
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options

Only one post on the forum, hasn't been back, provocative thread title -- I wonder what that could mean? :*
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    vingogly wrote: »

Only one post on the forum, hasn't been back, provocative thread title -- I wonder what that could mean? :*

She amputated her leg and one arm and is now in the hospital?
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    vingogly wrote: »

She amputated her leg and one arm and is now in the hospital?

Maybe she's off having liposuction.