nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your interview! Always a pleasure to read your posts
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

Thanks! I think it went pretty well, but after seven years of near-constant interviewing, I've learned that you really never know.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Thanks! I think it went pretty well, but after seven years of near-constant interviewing, I've learned that you really never know.

Yes, and they can be incredibly nerve wracking. I was lucky on my last interview in that I didn't need the job, it was an alteration in my career path, so I was fairly relaxed. It makes a big difference.

It must be frustrating to work so hard towards something and feel like you're spinning your wheels. You've demonstrated commitment this year, so hopefully some of that confidence came across today. Let us know how it went! In your field, does it take weeks to find out?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options

Yes, and they can be incredibly nerve wracking. I was lucky on my last interview in that I didn't need the job, it was an alteration in my career path, so I was fairly relaxed. It makes a big difference.

It must be frustrating to work so hard towards something and feel like you're spinning your wheels. You've demonstrated commitment this year, so hopefully some of that confidence came across today. Let us know how it went! In your field, does it take weeks to find out?

Oh yeah, and the nerves aren't helped the longer I remain underemployed, because there's no such thing as a job I don't desperately want. It'll be after the new year for sure before I heard anything from this one, but thankfully the places I've been interviewing (state agencies mostly) are usually pretty good at getting back to you promptly.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Oh yeah, and the nerves aren't helped the longer I remain underemployed, because there's no such thing as a job I don't desperately want. It'll be after the new year for sure before I heard anything from this one, but thankfully the places I've been interviewing (state agencies mostly) are usually pretty good at getting back to you promptly.

Here, if they contact your references it's a good sign. If you don't get the position, you won't hear anything at all.

Positive thoughts heading your way! I hope you get this one.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat. I started this year at 257. At some point, I decided I'd like to end it at 170. I'm currently 174, so I don't think it's going to happen, but like you... I'm ok with it. :) You did great this year!

Wow, that's great work - congratulations! I bet you'll be at 170 in no time!
  • fhall242
    fhall242 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Oof! I needed to see this. Thanks for sharing everyone!
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Based on my rate of loss through the first part of the year, I set a "stretch goal" to be out of the obese BMI by the end of 2017. Well, we've got 13 days left and it's not looking likely I'm afraid, but that's okay! I needed to hit 164 to be considered overweight and my most recent low is 168.2. I suppose a whoosh is possible, but I'm not holding my breath. So what I'm doing instead of feeling bad about that is celebrating what I did accomplish this year.

Since I started losing weight in January, I've lost 40 pounds, almost 20% of my starting body-weight of 208 lbs. I've gone from size 18 jeans to size 14. I've lost at least three pounds every month since June, and feel pretty good about keeping that up next year (excepting a planned diet break for my birthday in March, which is going to involve So. Much. Sushi.).

I started running and actually enjoy it! I started body-weight exercises and enjoy that too! I've graduated from wall push-ups to stair push-ups, and can do both squats and lunges without support to keep my balance. I own three pairs of shoes for different kinds of exercise! And I've really enjoyed becoming a part of this community so that I don't have to bore my friends and family with constant weight and fitness talk.

Happy early New Year, everybody! Even if you haven't hit a goal or two, I bet you've done something worth celebrating.

@MegaMooseEsq, your attitude with everything is inspiring. If you're accepting more friends, I would love to have your positivity along my journey!
  • MegaMooseEsq
    Options
    Based on my rate of loss through the first part of the year, I set a "stretch goal" to be out of the obese BMI by the end of 2017. Well, we've got 13 days left and it's not looking likely I'm afraid, but that's okay! I needed to hit 164 to be considered overweight and my most recent low is 168.2. I suppose a whoosh is possible, but I'm not holding my breath. So what I'm doing instead of feeling bad about that is celebrating what I did accomplish this year.

Since I started losing weight in January, I've lost 40 pounds, almost 20% of my starting body-weight of 208 lbs. I've gone from size 18 jeans to size 14. I've lost at least three pounds every month since June, and feel pretty good about keeping that up next year (excepting a planned diet break for my birthday in March, which is going to involve So. Much. Sushi.).

I started running and actually enjoy it! I started body-weight exercises and enjoy that too! I've graduated from wall push-ups to stair push-ups, and can do both squats and lunges without support to keep my balance. I own three pairs of shoes for different kinds of exercise! And I've really enjoyed becoming a part of this community so that I don't have to bore my friends and family with constant weight and fitness talk.

Happy early New Year, everybody! Even if you haven't hit a goal or two, I bet you've done something worth celebrating.

@MegaMooseEsq, your attitude with everything is inspiring. If you're accepting more friends, I would love to have your positivity along my journey!

Thanks, and for sure!
  • katnadreau
    katnadreau Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    MegaMoose, you're one of my favorites on here. You've done an amazing job this year!!
  • AllSpiceNice
    AllSpiceNice Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    MegaMoose - great attitude, you'll get there! Taking the deadline off my weightloss was one of the factors that finally helped me reach goal and maintain it.

Rickster1967 - your quote below on goal setting is fantastic! Thanks for sharing.
    The way I look at goals is:

all arbitary or intermediate goals are moveable

For example, I've set a goal to drop 50lb by 1st April from a certain date a little while ago. If I get to 30 March and I've only lost 30lbs I won't be beating myself up. I'll just set a new goal.

My ultimate target is to drop 73lb from current weight. I'll get there. Goal setting is an important tool in helping to stay on track not a stick to beat myself with

• girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow, and WOW. What a great post. Thanks for putting hard work and determination out there. You worked so hard, and you accomplished so much. It goes to show that the number can be kind of arbitrary. You did what you set out to accomplish, and more! Keep it up! Here's to a new year and a successful job hunt! :)