16 hour fast with ketogenic diet works!!!!!!!!!!! Great combo

ihatebeingfat1989
ihatebeingfat1989 Posts: 1 Member
edited December 2017 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone I originally started out at 330lbs I downloaded this app when I got to 315lbs now I am at 276lbs I fast for 16hours a day 12pm to 8pm is my eating window my goal is 1900 calories a day but I stay around 1500 calories not sure if that’s healthy but I have been losing weight fast and I feel great keto I believe had a big part of it too and with that I don’t eat no more then 20 to 50 grams of carbs.

Replies

• dinbab007
    dinbab007 Posts: 1 Member
    I have started time restricted eating and it feels great
  • MommaBearof01
    MommaBearof01 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello all, I am BRAND NEW to The community boards, have been using My Fitness Pal but have never joined in any community posts....I love the Keto diet, I have lost 125# and I feel wonderful. It hasn't all been Keto, but low carb for sure. The Keto diet has just helped push me thru plateaus, etc. I need more resistance and strength training on my part, the holidays are a struggle for me as I LOVE Sweets.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    manleyr14 wrote: »
    The keto diet is more about insulin control than calories. (See The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung) I have been eating within 100 calories of my TDEE and lose 1 -2 lbs a week. It seems the body fat disappears at a quicker rate than the numbers on the scale.

That isn't what the evidence shows (maybe you are eating less than you think) That said you will prob lose more at first due to depleted glycogen which retains water. so the big loss up front isn't fat loss, it is water weight.
  • Jigglypuff00
    Jigglypuff00 Posts: 267 Member
    erickirb wrote: »
    The keto diet is more about insulin control than calories. (See The Obesity Code by Dr. Jason Fung) I have been eating within 100 calories of my TDEE and lose 1 -2 lbs a week. It seems the body fat disappears at a quicker rate than the numbers on the scale.

That isn't what the evidence shows (maybe you are eating less than you think) That said you will prob lose more at first due to depleted glycogen which retains water. so the big loss up front isn't fat loss, it is water weight.

So the 27 lbs I lost in the first 2 months was just water weight?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited December 2017
    psuLemon wrote: »

No you haven't. Your TDEE is the total number of calories you burn in a day. If you are losing 1 to 2 lbs a week, then you are eating within 500 to 1000 calories short of your TDEE.

OP, I'd be cautious about eating that low calories, especially long term. If you value your muscles, you don't want to go overly aggressive in your diet and make sure you have adequate protein and resistance training to support those goals.

Actually, this isn't true. I am NOT eating 500-1000 calories short of my TDEE and I lose 1-3# a week on keto. CICO is not a thing on the ketogenic diet. I go over my TDEE every single day and continue to lose. We don't begin burning our muscles if we keep our protein moderate and fat high.

This just isn't how the body works. Weight loss....ALL weight loss is about calorie deficit.

Your body needs calories (fuel) every day. Your body can get that fuel from food you eat, fat stores, or existing lean muscle mass. When you eat a very high % of fat, your body will use INGESTED fat for fuel.

When your body does not get enough calories (calorie deficit) ......it then looks for fat stores. If you are eating at maintenance, your body isn't burning stored body fat first.

CICO is ALWAYS a thing. If you aren't managing calories, how do you know you are eating more than TDEE everyday? You may not need to "count" calories right now because keto is very restrictive.