Worst Christmas gifts

Options

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything bad as an adult...I used to hate it when I was a kid and got clothes...especially underwear. I always knew by the box that is was clothes and just opened those first to get at the good stuff.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    An underwear and training bra set that I opened in front of everyone. I was mortified. My mom was like "What....??? What's wrong with that???" Really ... Hmmm, ok!
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    _pi3_ wrote: »
    My ex was always terrible at shopping for me. Last year he bought me a vacuum cleaner and some other cleaning product. Not much of a gift now since it's with him at his house

My ex knew better than to take the vacuum cleaner when he moved out.
  • andrewseck3846
    andrewseck3846 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I got a Nike sweatshirt that I loved but one of my friends made fun of the colors. Low and behold my very wealthy brother had given me a women’s sweatshirt he found on clearance at tjmaxx.
  • BoiNeezy
    BoiNeezy Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Nothing
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    Got a school uniform as a christmas present one year as a kid. plus some other presents. but who wants a school uniform as a present during the summer holidays? school is the alst thing you want to be thinking about.
  • greedyian23
    greedyian23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    The present I still remember from many years ago is a pair of lime green sparkly socks given to me by my now wife's elderly grandma.
    I profusely poured out my thanks and gratitude.
    Her son ( wife's uncle ) who still lived with his mother, expressed his amusement.
    Guess what he got as a Christmas present from me the following year?!
    I wasn't there when he opened it but it still amuses now thinking of what their reactions were.
    Needless to say my wife wasn't overly impressed with my generosity.
  • NoCookiesBish
    NoCookiesBish Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    At some point in my childhood, someone decided I liked porcelain dolls. (Which I don't at all) So every Christmas I had to open at least 3 and pretend to be happy about it.

My mother tried to pawn them off on my daughter last year and I told her she could throw them out and confessed I never liked them. She still kept them :expressionless:
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    cogirljb wrote: »
    I got a summer sausage, not with cheese and crackers like the one above...just a summer sausage

I'll consider myself super lucky that I got the whole set then! :D
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    slessofme wrote: »
    @klkarlen I brought home this bad *kitten* fanny pack from the white elephant today!
    @midwesterner85 Look for me at the fair next year, I'll be sporting this:

qcuwdhtb1i0v.jpg

^^ This may be the winner! You have to wonder who modeled for it!
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    somebody gotta give me a present first
    :laugh: Just kidding!
    v0tznfylsu0w.jpg
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    c6aijq96tpoi.gif I hope he likes this.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I was home from my second year in college. My grandma gave me a small jewelry box. Inside was a clear rain poncho that was folded up into its own little packet you could fit into your purse. I lived in California where it never rained.