5:2 Diet and Friends for Support!

Options
Hi all, I'm Sammy. I'm looking to lose 15 pounds in the next upcoming months. I'm trying the 5:2 diet where I fast two days a week and eat normally the rest of the days. I get my exercise from boxing and walking usually, and my biggest hindrance to weight loss is late night snacking and sweets! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• rhoda1990
    rhoda1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm looking at doing the same diet. I need to lose 25lbs
  • rhoda1990
    rhoda1990 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just need to buy the book.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I have so many diet books, I must be thin as a stick :#
  • souperchik
    souperchik Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I just started the 5:2 diet today after doing some research and planning with my primary care. I need to lose a LOT - about 100 lbs give or take.

I found the book at BAM bookstore in their clearance section $5.97!!! It's now heavily marked up with notes in the margins. I'm really excited about eating this way. I "tested" it out a couple of weeks ago and though I don't think I lost weight since it was just 1 fast, but my blood sugar shot back to normal. I'm on 2 types of insulin and an oral diabetes med so it has me excited that I may be able to control my diabetes thru diet and exercise eventually :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    rhoda1990 wrote: »
    I just need to buy the book.

You don't need to book unless you want recipes. The"factual" information provided has no scientific support. It's all based on Mosely's results....I went on a diet & my health markers improved....duh! Many people that lose weight (or start an exercise plan) will see improvements in health markers.

If you like this way of eating, if this helps you stay on track....then that's all you need. Eat foods you like, and foods you find filling. Find a way to be consistent.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting