Alright ladies spill it....

Options
What do you do during TOM and before to help you get through? Whats your tricks? I have been told green tea, and chocolate, small amounts of complex carbs, and larger amounts of protien heavy meats.

So what is your secret to beat the bloat, hunger, and crabbiness??

Replies

• _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    I never bloat, get hungrier or get crabby so I don't have any tricks!
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of water!!:flowerforyou:
  • ChirishGirl
    Options
    I drink a lot.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Being physically active. Running burns out my aggression and irritability! :happy:
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    Lots of water and stomach crunches help me with cramps.
  • atomicpunk1974
    Options
    For me intense exercise works really well, so I run until I drop.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I run more the week before, and avoid all dairy the week of and continue to work out. I noticed I don't get cramps when I'm active.
  • maryd523
    maryd523 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I skip my period by taking continuous birth control pills. Perfectly safe and doctor approved.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Ignore it. Eat chocolate if ncessary.
  • FluffyLadii
    FluffyLadii Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Water, green tea (no sugar), light exercise, and lots of naps! :bigsmile:
  • dancingphoenix
    Options
    I drink a glass of wine during the worst part of it... but other than that, more meats and/or protiens like you said :) I also take the hottest bath possible to ease pain. :)
  • Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Excercise. It' the last thing anyone wants to do during the TOM, but excercising really reduces the pain and crabbiness.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Redbox.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    nookie. It gets rid of the cramps and the crabbiness.
  • littleali
    littleali Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have no tricks - I just reach right for the carbs :/ I HAVE found that exercise helps but as I get excruciating cramps (like...throwing up and crying in pain...) I avoid running. The elliptical is really great for me, I've found.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Just keep moving---do whatever exercise you love and GO HARD. I know that you won't want to at first, but it burns off SOOOOO many negative feelings and sets you up for an endorphin rush. Exercise helps. Small amounts of dark chocolate are great. Put 2 cups of epsom salt in a very hot bath (as hot as you can stand) and soak in it for at least 20 minutes. Drink more water and eat more iron rich proteins than you usually do. A sweet potato with a drizzle of extra virgin coconut oil---maybe sprinkled with a touch of allspice or cinnamon and chopped walnuts--- can also help with the hungry feelings. Get rid of your caffeine addiction if you have one. Caffeine increased the estrogen that your body produces and that results in more violent TOM.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Waterwaterwater. I also try to make myself go to the gym no matter how cruddy I feel, because it usually helps. Also, if cramps are your issue, try hot/cold packs. They can do wonders. Also, hot baths, crying, and forcing someone (usually a partner, but whatever works for you!) to massage your abdomen. Then again, those last three might only work for me.

Also -- I admit it. I pop a midol every now and then. As a point of reference -- I have a LOT of hang-ups about taking any kind of medicine. Not with other people doing, but me. Personally, I hate it, and I would sooner suffer than medicate. I get this from my dad --- trying to be less silly about it, but it's pretty well-etched into my head. So when I take a Midol, it's serious business.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    I never bloat, get hungrier or get crabby so I don't have any tricks!

lucky you :frown: i crave bread!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Honestly I just fight the cravings...and doing that probably fights the bloat...the crabiness...hmmm...haven't figured that one out!
  • audram420
    audram420 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Lots of water and exercise...I agree that exercise is usually the last thing you want to do when it's TOM, but I usually feel refreshed and like I've accomplished something!!