Are sweeteners found in soda bad like they are made out to be?

Options
I have like 2 or 3 glasses of diet soda a day - preservative free -

Are these bad for health? I cannot make any sense of the articles that say they are good or ones that say they are bad.

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    Well, a certain famous someone has 12 Diet Cokes per day, so....
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Just focus on mostly healthy foods in moderation and pay attention to your body feels over time. Most of the articles you read out there are scare mongering agenda driven.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,126 Member
    Options
    Nothing harmful.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    jbvpn wrote: »

Are these bad for health? I cannot make any sense of the articles that say they are good or ones that say they are bad.

No problem. But if you're drinking them from a large container (liter or two-liter bottle), put them in the refrigerator after you've opened them, since you have selected preservative-free.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options

No problem. But if you're drinking them from a large container (liter or two-liter bottle), put them in the refrigerator after you've opened them, since you have selected preservative-free.

Is there even such a thing?

I have no idea, but OP said there is. Given the number of people willing to buy products that claim to not have ingredients that they're afraid of, rationally or not, I would think there would be a market for it.
  • jbvpn
    jbvpn Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    thecharon wrote: »
    they are good or ones
    i would also like to see what a preservative free diet drink looks like. i don't think my store has these.
    i have never seen preservative free. and i have never seen an article stating that they are good for you.

The diet coke in my country doesn't contain preservatives. Pepsi does however.
  • lynn_glenmont
    Options
    they are good or ones
    i would also like to see what a preservative free diet drink looks like. i don't think my store has these.
    i have never seen preservative free. and i have never seen an article stating that they are good for you.

The diet coke in my country doesn't contain preservatives. Pepsi does however.

Edit....well I googled and some.sites say it contains citric acid which is a preservative and coke have been pulled on the "no preservatives" mis-truth.

I don't suppose those sites take a position on whether people should stay away from citrus fruit, since on that reasoning it also contains a preservative?