Keto or not

Options
I’m thinking about starting the Keto diet. I’m afraid cuz i have chronic migraines and when i limit my carbs my migraines usually worsen. But i have heard this is only temporary. Any opinions?

Replies

• rhonda7694
    rhonda7694 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Depends if you have enough sick days to cover the increase in migraines or not.

True. But i also need to do something

• rhonda7694
    Options
    knay111 wrote: »

Thanks for the read. Now if i can just get past the initial migraine

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you've decided what you want to do which is cool but I'm unclear on what advice you're actually seeking.
  • rhonda7694
    Options
    I don’t know what i want or should do. Ugh
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,694 Member
    Options
    Is keto a way of eating that you enjoy and think would be sustainable over the long term? I have lost weight on low carb, but it was not sustainable for me. I felt really deprived and started to cheat more and more often. Once I had lost the weight I intended, I went back to 'normal' eating and gained back a fair amount. I had gotten to the point where I didn't like chicken or eggs because I ate them so often. I craved bread and ice cream and beer. I do better if I allow myself to eat what I like, but in smaller portions and not as often. Calorie counting works only if you actually count every calorie you consume. If you only do it half way, it isn't as effective.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    rhonda7694 wrote: »
    I don’t know what i want or should do. Ugh

You know that you want to lose weight.

What you should do is eat the calorie allowance given to you by MFP

You can always try different ways of eating that allowance later.

Don't over complicate things at this stage. :)
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    I did low carbs for about 5 years, 2000 to 2005. Got very lean on it. Also got sick of it and couldn't sustain it.

Anyway, you might find you can lose weight but my advice would be start you diet with the end goal in mind.

Then design a diet to fit the calories you need to drop at the rate you want.