Christmas weight gain: HELP !

Options
So I went off of plan on Christmas Eve and ate A LOT on Christmas Day. I weighed 6st 13lbs on Christmas Eve and today I weigh 7st 6lbs a gain of 7 lbs! I’ve got straight back on plan today already walked 13,000 steps and I’m working tonight! Do you think my weight will return to normal by next week? I feel like I’ve ruined all of my hard work in one day!!

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Weight gain like that is about more than just fat: there could be bloating, extra waste in your system, water weight from who knows what. Don’t stress out - hopefully you had a good time yesterday, and if you get back to your normal habits the weight will drop off again in a week or two.
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    If you gained 7lbs in 24 hours I would not worry to much as some of that would be water weight I am sure. My weight can fluctuate 5lbs in one day due to not drinking enough fluids when I get busy. Just get back on track and dont worry about one day.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm up a bit more than that after two days. It's literally water and food in my guts. Chill. You can't undo much in two days. I'll just get back to a normal intake and then see what the scale says in a couple of weeks (which is typically how long it takes before I'm back to "normal" weight wise. For some people the water whooshes off faster).
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    How tall are you? Maybe you can stop thinking you've ruined your hard work and instead feel great at a normal healthy weight?

Yes, this. Unless you’re extremely short, I wouldn’t worry about the weight gain at all (not that I would anyway even at my height).
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Your profile says you are a recovering anorexic? How tall are you?

I think you know yourself what is going on and what exactly has transpired from eating over the Christmas holidays. Get back on track with your recovery is all you need to do.

just noticed this as well...also noticed that you still have the mantra of anorexics as your tag line...do you have a treatment team you can get back in touch with?
  • JenniferBrownX
    JenniferBrownX Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Really? You ate a load of food and now you're surprised to have gained weight.

:huh:

Haha I know, I sound pathetic
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options

I think you know yourself what is going on and what exactly has transpired from eating over the Christmas holidays. Get back on track with your recovery is all you need to do.

just noticed this as well...also noticed that you still have the mantra of anorexics as your tag line...do you have a treatment team you can get back in touch with?

Didn't notice that I still had that on my profile! I recovered over 2 years ago and I'm absolutely fine :smile: Thanks though :smile:

How tall are you, though? Because unless you are very short, that doesn't seem much like a recovered weight -- especially when combined with the gain concern.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    You're fine. You ate outside your normal realm, and put on some water weight. Don't go crazy. Just get back to normal. Water weight for me usually mellows out within a week.

I spent the last 3 days eating cookies and reading a book. I'm not even thinking of stepping on the scale for at least a week.
  • RobD520
    RobD520 Posts: 420 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Didn't notice that I still had that on my profile! I recovered over 2 years ago and I'm absolutely fine :smile: Thanks though :smile:

How tall are you, though? Because unless you are very short, that doesn't seem much like a recovered weight -- especially when combined with the gain concern.

Exactly. The OP weighs 106. If she is 4' 7'' or taller she is in the healthy range. If she is 5'2'' or taller she was underweight before she gained.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You're fine. You ate outside your normal realm, and put on some water weight. Don't go crazy. Just get back to normal. Water weight for me usually mellows out within a week.

I spent the last 3 days eating cookies and reading a book. I'm not even thinking of stepping on the scale for at least a week.

"Normal" is 97 pounds, and the OP has a prior and possibly relapsed eating disorder
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

"Normal" is 97 pounds, and the OP has a prior and possibly relapsed eating disorder

Okay, so I still stand by "don't go crazy" trying to make up for it. I extra stand by it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    RobD520 wrote: »

Exactly. The OP weighs 106. If she is 4' 7'' or taller she is in the healthy range. If she is 5'2'' or taller she was underweight before she gained.

Given the selective answers, I think we can take a pretty good guess...
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    You probably gained 1lb and are retaining water