Will I EVER be happy?

Options
2»

Replies

• kaylasmomjenn
    kaylasmomjenn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your replies. You all seem to have hit on something I can tell you is a HUGE stress in my life and that's NURSING SCHOOL. My entire life is in limbo right now because I'm trying to get through this enormous obstacle. I have 1 year left to go, and although I'm off for the summer right now, the upcoming year is highly known as the absolute toughest and I'm worried sick that I won't make it. I quit my FT job to do this and so there is a LOT riding on me passing and getting a job as an RN next summer.

This weight is the only thing I feel like I can control, so to put SO much effort in and not see the results I thought I would at a particular weight, I kind of feel defeated. And, I'm not the kind to let anything defeat her.

I really appreciate everyone's comments. I really truly am going to take some time to dig deep and figure out if there's some other connection to my disdain.
  • samstroud
    Options
    Hello.
    In reply, you look a LOT better and considering youve had THREE children its impressive especially after twins.
    I am short like you and weigh about the same. Losing weight for me is VERY hard because we are resonably slim already, it takes longer.
    Tone down on the exercise or youll just burn yourself out. myfitnesspal is AMAZING, it has helped me realise what goes in my mouth and i can check what is in something before I eat it and make a descision whether I really need it.
    I have had two kids as well so my stomach is also the area I want to improve.
    Keep at it. Try not to be obsessive and dont let it rule your life.
    Food for me has finally moved from an obsession to a necessity.
    Good luck
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    You might never be totally happy, especially if you're going after perfection. But if you continually look to improve, rather than being perfect, that will help. You've made amazing progress! You hit goal weight! That's awesome! Celebrate! And then look for a new goal. You don't like your arms? Try the 100 pushup challenge (they have a website you can find on Google) to get your arms in rocking shape. Or set some other strength goal. Strength training is what will burn the fat and give you the toned body you're looking for. It's good to always want more. It's what keeps you going. So you just keep shooting for a new goal, and enjoy the ride. :)
  • dia77
    dia77 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Well I see someone who is fairly slim.

Personally I'm not at my goal weight but when I look at myself in the mirror I'm super pleased with what I see. I see all the hard work, and definition that wasn't there before, and a lack of fat that WAS there before and is no longer.

I think part of it is psychological.

That said, you might want to step up your strength building. That'll help tone you up if you want to be tighter.
    like:)
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    "Happy" is a choice. You have to choose to be happy. Nothing in the world can "make" you happy, you have to choose what will make you happy and then and only then will you truly be.