Apple cider vinegar

13»

Replies

• Natasha233
    Natasha233 Posts: 48 Member
    I’ve been using them for 2 weeks now and it’s definitely helping with digestive issues.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,733 Member
    During my weight loss (around 1/3 of my body weight), I drank it daily for weeks at a time, and I didn't drink it at all for other weeks at a time.

I noticed zip-zero-no-nada effect on my very predictable weight loss rate, on my appetite, or any other related thing.

Why did I drink it? Because (1) I like it, (2) I believe personally but cannot defend scientifically that eating probiotic/fermented foods is good for me, and (3) there's some sign it can help older folks among whom stomach acid insufficiency is more common, so as a 62-year-old with slight IBS-C tendencies, it seemed worth trying, as long as I like the stuff anyway.

Why, then, did I not drink it for weeks at a time? Because it seemed to aggravate the first-ever-in-my-life horrific heartburn that was the chief symptom of my gallbladder adenomyomatosis, a symptom that ended totally when the gallbladder came out.
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Based on personal experience, apple cider vinegar did nothing for my health or weight loss. The one time I tried it as an "acid reflux remedy," the heartburn became 10x worse.

May have had something to do with adding acid to your acid reflux.
  • skygirll
    skygirll Posts: 32 Member
    I have insomnia and 1Tb ACV with honey in a cup of water (via straw) at night let me sleep all through the night! I did it several nights in a row and it was fantastic!! Then I started having extra digestive problems, and more research led me to conclude it is not good for people who have had their gallbladder out. I was so bummed. I really loved all the sleep I was getting. Sleep can help with weight loss so I'd continue as long as it kept working.
    *Always rinse your mouth out after, and wait 30mins before brushing teeth.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    I drink kombucha almost every day!