any knitter's here?

Options

Replies

• ironband
    ironband Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I sort of knit...I make chainmail, so I'm a steel knitter :)
    dude that is freaking awesome!!!!

Thanks! It does take some patience, of course. Here is a haloween costume I did for my son a few years back:

halloween2.jpg

Ok, apparently I need to read on how to post pics...

So cool!

We made stage chain mail out of silver twine rather than metal so it would be lighter.

This one was actually aluminum...nice and light!
  • KnottyNCrotchety
    Options
    Me! I am a knitter! And a crocheter! And a sometimes dyer. I own a little shop so it is actually my job too!

Thanks for starting the group on Ravelry! And it is so awesome to see so many of us here!
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Anyone else wish MFP message boards were set up like Rav forums? I look looking for the "love" button!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Anyone else wish MFP message boards were set up like Rav forums? I look looking for the "love" button!

Yes! I'm pretty sure the ravelry forums are the best ones ever. Casey is a freakin' genius.

I knit and crochet but would much rather knit. Crochet hurts my hands for some reason. I haven't done much of either since I started trying to lose weight though. I was taking spinning classes too, but they're not doing it over the summer.
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Love to knit, especially in cool weather, but I've been putting most of my yarn time into MFP, yoga and walking for the last 7 months and doing pretty well with slow but steady weight loss. Interweave Fall just came today, and I'm itching to dig into my stash - just have to find a balance to keep from getting sedentary.

Any other knitting MFP people, please feel free to friend me!

I am totally having that same problem. Have a baby blanket that I am supposed to be delivering this weekend and have been working out so much that I am worried about finishing it.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    another one here.
  • PanteraGirl
    PanteraGirl Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I'm bi-stitchual (I knit and crochet.) There are lots of knitters on MFP!

ETA: My favorite site is www.ravelry.com where I use the same screen name. I have a few MFP friends on both sites which is awesome! For learning I also like www.knittinghelp.com. They have a lot of helpful videos so if you don't know how to do a technique and have no one to ask go there! Very helpful and they even have an iPhone app.

Thanks so much :)
  • vet2be3
    vet2be3 Posts: 16
    Options
    HI! I crotchet blankets for the animal shelters.Also make afghans for the hurt veterans and sick children.
    I love having something to do with my hands at night.
    jane

Are there particular organizations that you give the afghans to? I have been wanting to make blankets to donate, but whenever I make them, I do not know how to find a recipient! These are great. Now i know where I can send the blankets that I crochet. :D
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options

halloween2.jpg

That is too awesome for words!! We know who has the cool dad!
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OMG- my son would kill for that costume! I knit and sew, and sewed him some plate armour for a tudor day at school, but real chain mail? WOW

Currently got two cable cardis on the go for my baby Godson and his big brother, then my daughter has put it an order for a yoked sweater in the same aran because she likes the colour, then my son (he of the plate armour) said he wants a cable sweater in black. So that's me sorted for the next millenium...
  • Rosy67
    Rosy67 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    PS I've been meaning to join ravelry for ages....will go and do it now...
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    Are there particular organizations that you give the afghans to? I have been wanting to make blankets to donate, but whenever I make them, I do not know how to find a recipient! These are great. Now i know where I can send the blankets that I crochet. :D

Here's a few links that might help you out.
    http://www.snugglesproject.org/, http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/warmup.html, http://www.soldiersangels.org/crochet-craft.html
  • feyapl
    feyapl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yep and on Rav (with the same SN, as it happens :P)!
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I love knitting! Only scarves so far, I am still that much of a newbie, but I don't use patterns and design my own. I read Elizabeth Zimmerman for fun; I see pattens in the sand at the beach that I want to go home and create!

I would totally love to knit more ( work less :).
  • vet2be3
    vet2be3 Posts: 16
    Options

Here's a few links that might help you out.
    http://www.snugglesproject.org/, http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/warmup.html, http://www.soldiersangels.org/crochet-craft.html

Thank you! :)
  • katloaf
    katloaf Posts: 26
    Options
    I knit and crochet too :) my entire closet is filled with yarn and my husband says I have a problem ;)

Too bad whenever I rip back lace, it requires a lot of cursing and chocolate, lol! Not so good for the diet.
  • CivicSista
    CivicSista Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I knit and crochet too :) my entire closet is filled with yarn and my husband says I have a problem ;)

Too bad whenever I rip back lace, it requires a lot of cursing and chocolate, lol! Not so good for the diet.

he he this made me giggle. I have yet to make anything with lace yarn. I have a skein of malabrigo lace in carrot colorway waiting to be made into something...
  • SabrinaJL
    Options
    I looooove Malabrigo. I kept hearing people talk about it but didn't know what the big deal was. I got 2 hanks in a swap and still didn't see what the big deal was. I decided to knit my mom a hat and neckwarmer out of it because I knew she'd like the color. When I started knitting with it, THEN I saw what the big deal was.
  • countinonme
    Options
    Love to crochet!! Ususally in the winter when it's easier to handle big pieces on my lap.
  • Ams3
    Ams3 Posts: 2
    Options
    I knit and crochet (it give's me something to do instead of raiding the fridge). My Nan taught me to knit when I was 7, wow I've been knitting for 32 years. Ravelry is a great website to use for knitters. :smile: