365 days logged

Options
Wow. A whole year of logging into this site. It may not seem like a big thing, seeing how Facebook is logged every 10 seconds, but Wow. A year. I'll admit, it hasn't been a total productive year, but 50 pounds are gone. At first I noticed that I was 20 days away from 100. I wasn't very invested in myself. Lost interest after a few weeks, but I thought I'll get to 100 days then just quit this site since I won't do anything. Well, 100 came and I did the 30 day squat challenge. Logged it in my phone on a writing app. Then I did it again while eating better. 160 days. I could make it to 200. Threw slim in 6 back into the mix, start it up only, and cut out regular soda for coke zero and water. Two bottles for every can. Here I am at day 365 and 50 pounds lighter. The last few weeks have been a bit strained, instead of working out every day, it was every other day to every two days. To mix it up I got a yoga for beginners DVD to do every other day. Still, an entire year. Wow.

Replies

• Drewrymd83
    Drewrymd83 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    awesome job! I'm at 153 days so far, my longest streak. I hope I can make it to 365! Congrats to you!
  • getoffin1year
    getoffin1year Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Cpngrats! I'm on day 364 :D we know that a lot of work goes into it. Good job and keep it up!
  • ISweat4This
    ISweat4This Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss and logging for 365 days!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I am at 1,784 days logged.
    It quickly becomes a habit and you never want to lose that streak.
    Happy 1 yr MFP anniversary.
  • przeCinek19
    przeCinek19 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Me 1065 days :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What gets tracked gets done!
  • besdais
    besdais Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You all are my inspiration. I do so well when I stick to the tracking, I am promising myself to get back to it. I want to know any secrets. Do you ever have any days you totally go off course and just put in a calorie #, or do you really log every bite?
  • Oma827
    Oma827 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I log every bite. This suggests to me what is depleting my energy or slowing my progress so I can try to do better. My log is private; this is best for me. Others seek feedback on theirs. This is a personal journey and I enjoy reading others’ candid posts. Thank you all and Happy New Year!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I am similar @Oma827 in that I keep mine private. I seem to stress about it less that way.
    For 22 months I logged every bite and lost 85 pounds to my goal. A rapid succession of changes in my personal life (positive ones) led to me not logging meals for the last 3 weeks, but I will pick it up again on Monday.
    I am content with the way my maintenance is going. But I will be happy to get back to the habit. I value the accountability and awareness.
    And 699 days logging in. I may not have logged my meals for 3 weeks, but I have been on the site everyday without fail since February 1, 2016.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!