Can I have your favorite tuna sandwich recipes? here's mine

Replies

• jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Just this morning, I did:

1 can of tuna
    1.5 T miracle whip (Aldi equivalent - the lighter stuff)
    a handful of chopped green peppers (celery is banned from our house! :laugh: )
    a layer of sliced cucumbers for even more crunch
    Oat bran bread, also from Aldi.

Not too earth shattering, but yummy.
  • CindyWard4u
    CindyWard4u Posts: 40 Member
    simple tuna:
    1 can light tuna in water (albacore apparently has higher levels of mercury)
    1 TBS Olive Oil Mayo by Kraft
    about 1 TSP minced onion
    salt & pepper to taste

put it on whatever healthy bread or alternative you want and enjoy...I like mine wrapped in lettuce leaves from time to time.

NOTE on tuna....if you don't know this already...tuna has higher levels of mercury than most other fish. Eating it everyday is not recommended in many circles due to the mercury content.
    I myself didn't know this for a long time....and I am not sure I suffered anything bad from all the tuna I use to eat before I found the information on mercury. but I have cut way back on my consumption.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Bump
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Yum! Lots of good ideas.

Tuna
    chopped red pepper
    chopped green apple
    chopped celery
    light Mayo .......... I can't remember the rest. I'll have to find this recipe.
  • I recently got a tuna recipe from a coworker and I love it! It's a can of tuna in water, mayo or sour cream (low fat), dried cranberries and chopped pistachios.

Super yummy!
  • I had heard that you can replace the mayo with yogurt and it worked for me! I like to add some chopped parsley for a bit of crunch and to curb a touch of that fishy breath!
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    can of tuna, shredded cheddar between 2 pieces of bread. made like grilled cheese
  • lalalazzz
    lalalazzz Posts: 131 Member
    now i want TUNA!!!! Try it with wasabi powder mixed in with light mayo. What a kick!
  • dryfli
    dryfli Posts: 39 Member
    oh bump for sure on all these tuna recipes...
  • I'm same as you, love tuna. I eat it all the time. My newest favorite way to eat it is this:

Core a tomato and stick a paper towel on it to absorb all the juice.
    Mix 4oz. Chunk light tuna (in water) with one stalk of chopped celery, 1/4 cup copped onions, one tablespoon light Miracle whip, and 5 spinach leaves. Take the paper towel out of the tomato. Spoon the mixture into the tomato and sprinkle with a couple of smashed wheat thins. It's so delicious. I always eat a pickle spear on the side.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    bump
  • eraweir
    eraweir Posts: 41 Member
    bump! (because tuna is my favourite ever and I wish to steal all these recipes)
  • rompers16
    rompers16 Posts: 5,404 Member
    can of solid white tuna with fat free mayo, diced tomato and slices of green apple on a Fiber One Honey Wheat wrap...yum
  • lynda155
    lynda155 Posts: 112 Member
    Starkist Selects - Very Low Sodium Chunk White Albacore Tuna In Water
    Generic - Hamburger Sliced Pickles - 16 slices
    Celery - Raw, 1 cup chopped
    Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped

makes four servings for me!

On a mini bagel... I love it!
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    bump because I totally have to come back for one or more of the tuna burger recipes... Seriously... how have I not had this...
  • StephL0711
    StephL0711 Posts: 141 Member
    awesome new ways to fix up a tuna sandwich!
  • marilou0511
    marilou0511 Posts: 591 Member
    Thanks for all recipes!:smile:
  • Jexebel
    Jexebel Posts: 67
    Measurements up to you, as much or as little as you like:

Tuna
    Mayo/yogurt/both
    Capers
    Chopped up dill pickle (not sweet)
    Capers
    Fresh dill
    Fresh cilantro
    Lemon rind + juice

So good, I eat it w/o bread!
  • gerald1019
    gerald1019 Posts: 24 Member
    bump
  • My favorite thing to add to tuna is cucumbers! They add a nice refreshing taste and crunch. I mix them with tuna, fat free mayo and dijon mustard. You should also try canned salmon, I change it out with the tuna, it's very good.
This discussion has been closed.