What brings you joy?

Options
Deadman_Diggingup
Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
I’ll probably catch *kitten* for starting a thread, but as a reverse to “what irks you?”, what brings you peace or joy?

Replies

• Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    Dancing in the rain
    Singing at the drop of a hat
    The rare sight of my boys being nice to each other
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    seeing/hearing my kids laugh
    sitting/laying w/ my dog and cats
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I've experienced it once. I was in a room with family and perceived love.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    Dancing in the rain
    Singing at the drop of a hat
    The rare sight of my boys being nice to each other

Yessssss. Dancing in the rain. Walking in the woods. Silky soft beagle ears. Teaching somebody something that changes their life.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I love watching my cat wash his face with his paws after breakfast. Every morning he eats then comes and sits right next to me and washes his face and purrs.

I really like my next door neighbors. They are a very polite young couple with two children, and the children have a trampoline. They laugh all the time and I never hear them quarrel. Sometimes they take my trash to the curb for me and do other nice little things.
  • Mdkelly1128
    Mdkelly1128 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Anything that makes me laugh or smile !
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    My kids, .. I did good, they are great people.

My furbabies
  • Bullet_with_Butterfly_Wings
    Options
    My son and his sweet little smile
  • Munchberry
    Munchberry Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Joy: When I pray about something that is troubling me and later that day I hear a sermon or a Bible verse that gives me rest/answers it.

Peace: With ever increasing evil in the world, I hold fast to the word. Maranatha.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    I can stimulate joy through acts of determination. By petting a dog, by giving a small gift away to a stranger, by hugging someone, by telling family I love them, by donating to a cause or charity, by walking away from negativity and hate, by meditating on precious memories, by renewing my mind. Through grace, mercy, and love. By putting my hand on a friends shoulder, by prayer. Through encouraging and exhorting others, by seeing joy in another’s face. And by exercise.
  • SuzieC2003
    SuzieC2003 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Simple things bring me joy. Laughing with my kids, playing a board game with them, or snuggling with one of my fur babies. :)
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Joy: Rainy days. New socks. Watching my daughter paint. Good music. Queen sing alongs with my daughters in the car. Going to OKC Thunder games. The smell of new crayons. Snuggling in bed under fresh sheets. Deep conversations with my bestie. Good make out sessions with that special guy. Warm banana bread. Being the first person to dip into the jar of peanut butter and "wreck" it with a knife. Pretty clouds.

Peace: listening to my daughters deep breathing while they sleep. Even at ages 10 and 14. That will never get old. Knowing they are safe and loved and near me.

Long list. Sorry/not sorry.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Options
    Slapping someone in the face brings me joy. Also just any cute picture of any animal for a non-violent joy.
    Peace: Nyquil and ocean waves.