Fitness Goals for Next Year

Options
2»

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    ROBOTFOOD wrote: »
    - Drop 5kg (or more accurately, get to 52kg)
    - sub 3:30 marathon (current pb 3:32 so not overly ambitious. Truthfully I'd really like a sub 3:20)
    - Sub 1:33 half marathon (current pb 1:35 but feel sub 1:30 is a bit beyond me. Though dropping those 5kg would probably help...)
    - Help my husband train for and run his first half marathon

Great times! I'm shooting for sub 1:29.59 in a spring HM. Fingers crossed.

I think if I could get a sub 90 hm I could die happy... Good luck!

Some work to be done still. But it is within reach. Thanks. Best of luck to you on your training!
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    amyteacake wrote: »
    Does anyone else have any fitness goals next year?

I've had a very difficult year healthwise so while I've completed six marathons and two half marathons I've not been all that happy with the performances. If I can get over the illness I've been suffering I've got several opportunities.

I've currently got two 12 hour endurance races and four trail marathons booked, I've also got my first road marathon coming up. I may book another two 12 hour races, and another couple of trail marathon.

The biggest challenge with some of these is running a 12 hour followed by a marathon the following day.
  • NatalieWellsRussell
    Options
    I am starting a 300 swing kettlebell workout tomorrow

Hi can I ask how you log kettlebells as I can't find them on the list?
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Back squat 100kg and Deadlift 150kg.
    I have some CrossFit Girl WOD goals: sub 6 min Fran time (21, 15, 9 thursters at 30kg and pull ups)
    Do better in the Crossfit open this year than last year
    do one muscle up.
  • cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Finish strong lifts and reassess strength goals after.
    Get in the water 3-4 times a week and average 3,000-5,000 meters per swim.
    And do more mobility work. I've been bad about this over the last year and I'm paying the price currently.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I have a goal of being able to walk for one hour by the end of next week. Can currently do 10 minutes.

By the end of the year I want to be able to run 20 miles.

I'm normally very fit, can run 15 miles but I'm recovering from surgery so need to walk before I can run!
  • beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    surprised myself at having swam over 200 miles in 2017.

Let's go for 300 in 2018! :D
  • lhub2
    lhub2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    A few things...
    Drop another 20 pounds, and master the rope climb.
    After 8 months of CrossFit I’m starting powerlifting today. I’ll do that for a few months to get my strength up and then start including CrossFit again to prepare for the multiple OCR races I’ve signed up for this year.
    Should be a fun year!
  • Sairzie
    Sairzie Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Improve my swimming by April so I can go Scuba diving, snorkelling and enjoy other water sports on holiday.
    Complete the C25K programme to be able to compete in a 5k race in March for work.
    Begin regular strength training on my own in addition to a class (have shied away from doing this personally)
    Lose 28 pounds to get me to my halfway point towards goal weight.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I am having problems with setting a 2018 fitness goal, rehabbing a shoulder injury is causing that. I think I will just start with rehabbing my shoulder so I can get back to my normal workouts.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I am starting a 300 swing kettlebell workout tomorrow

Hi can I ask how you log kettlebells as I can't find them on the list?

Log the type of workout completed not the type of weight used.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I’m still working towards my bf% goal that I didn’t hit it 2017. I’m also adding yoga once a week to my workout rotation. I think this will aid muscle recovery and help with some of the joint paint I’ve been experiencing so I can keep pushing
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Finish Insanity Max 30. I’m in week 2. I’d also like to do a new weight lifting program afterwards.