When you go to the movies....

Options

Replies

• Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    We have Netflix and reedit through a projector onto a wall for our own big screen experience. Too expensive to go to movies but rare times we go, we eat before and pass by the food & drink stand.
  • B_L_A_Z_I_A_N
    Options
    i sneak in PB&J sandwiches :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I took the man I'm dating out for his birthday yesterday....I brought in a bar of 100% cocoa chocolate (it was a-maz-ing) and bottled water. Call us snobbish...but movie 'food' isn't good enough, lol. I do however eat sour patch kids when I go with my daughter. We bring those in as well. I allow her to get a 'kids combo'....smallest popcorn (no butter), gummy snacks, and a water...it's her splurge. We eat fairly clean and the movies is a treat (maybe once a month).
  • chris0912
    chris0912 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    hubs and i just went to hp and i popped my own corn at home to bring. also brought water for me and soda for him. and stopped at walgreens before to get candy. i just can't watch a movie without popcorn! even at home!!
  • cpfmrp
    cpfmrp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    LOL... I too bring my Big Purse. I bring water for everyone. I also pop popcorn at the house and put it in white lunch bags. One bag for each person if they want it. I try to bring granola bars or something that isn't too high in calories. Water is usually enough for me. We ALWAYS eat before we go to try and keep our snacking to a minimum.
  • Saksgirl1
    Saksgirl1 Posts: 248
    Options
    I'm a Twizzler girl... but I think I use the majority of them to slap my boyfriend on the leg? I think it's the best all- in- one food around... it's entertaining, fun to eat and fun to use as a straw in a diet coke! Hrm, on second though maybe I am a little immature hahaha
  • ahnpe
    ahnpe Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My guy and I see movies pretty frequently. We split a large coke and a bag of twizzlers. Candy-wise I think Twizzlers are probably the better option, and I hardly ever drink coke anyway so I never feel too bad about the extra soda. Sometimes I can get Coke Zero at our theater too!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Always sneak my own snacks. My own popcorn, pop chips, jerky, Lean Cuisine Thai rolls, skinny cow. Heck I even sneak in my own zero coke. Ok, while being honest here. I also sneak into other movies....I end up usually watching 2. I know, it's wrong. I'm a sinner.....:(:sad:
  • mariapuhl
    mariapuhl Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    99% of the reason I go to the movies is the sitting in the theater and enjoying gorging myself on popcorn. I exercise like crazy those days and don't worry about it. That's the one thing I will NEVER EVER EVER be able to give up. Because it's my favorite thing EVER.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    WHY does everyone have to eat junk at a movie? Don't you eat at home? You can't go 2 hrs w/o eating?
    I eat dinner BEFORE the movie and just .. well ... WATCH THE MOVIE - HOW can you watch a movie if you're crunching popcorn?
    I don't understand this movie/food dilemma. If I'm that hungry, I'd eat first, THEN go see a movie.
    sheesh
  • Painten
    Painten Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I used to always have a big giant bag of maltesers and a big coke.

Now i take a bottle of water only. It's like i've only just realised you can actually sit there for a couple of hours without eating *lol* It seemed really alien at first. Film and food but the film is still as good or bad, depending on the film without the food.
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I bring a watermelon.
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i never make out at the movies.... sorry, too much money wasted if you miss the movie, movies are expensive.

but i usually try to take my own snacks, the cinema food is too expensive.

these days now that i'm eating better i usually take a diet coke in a can (can jam it into the handbad easily enough and a small snack. Why is everything at the cinemas MEGA ULTRA CRAZY SIZED?
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Last time hubster and I went we bought a water ($4.50 - RIDICULOUS!!) and some Skittles. We drank the water and then ate maybe 1/4 of the candy. In fact they are still in the kitchen in the cabinet. Before, those candies would have been gone, we would have gotten a giant popcorn and 2 sodas as well...being healthier not only saves our waistline but our wallet as well. That crap is way too expensive!!!
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I get the kid meal - it comes with about 2 cups of popcorn, a small size candy, and I get water to drink :) It's perfect!
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat anything and just buy a water or a diet coke, if I'm really craving something, I go for the swedish berries and I'm usually okay with only eating a little bit and saving the rest.
  • veganbaum
    veganbaum Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Take the big purse - a bottle of water and a mix of whatever I feel like from the bulk bins at Whole Foods - usually dried fruit and nuts, on occasion some chocolate covered fruit or nuts.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    We have started going out to eat before the movies. Occasionally we still get a small popcorn and share it, but usually we opt for nothing. It's all about cost - the last time my husband and I both got "snacks" at the movies, it cost more than the price of admission! Now we go out for cheap Mexican food (our favorite) and then hit the theater.
  • bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I have popcorn (no butter/oil squirted on it though - yuck!) and a big fat Diet Coke. I used to be a soda-aholic, but now the only time I indulge is when I go see a movie in a theatre.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    It depends on if its the theater or drive-in.

Drive-in has awesome prices but we usually bring 2-4 bottles water with. We always spend $30. $14 for 2 adults and the other on dinner(burger/spilt fries and drink) and large popcorn. The gf and I tend to go to the drive-in more often b/c of the great prices even though its an hour drive.

Theater we just bring 2-4 bottles of water and maybe get the small popcorn.

I always have my cell turned on silent and don't make out in the movie <--inappropriate a quick kiss is possible though.