Its day 3 of detox

Options
I gained a bunch of weight and i needed something drastic to jumpstart my 40lb loss so Im doing the fat smash diet, which consists of 9 days of detox. No bread, dairy or meat. Its day 3, I woke up starving but I feel ok. Let's do this!

Replies

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    DocJayDee wrote: »
    What's the plan for day 10? Cutting out bread, dairy and meat will likely just make you lose some water weight, the second you re-introduce them you'll retain water again.

You don't need something drastic or to jump start your weight loss, you just need a calorie deficit.

Make small sustainable changes instead and you'll find that those over time will add up and you'll be able to lose the weight in a way that makes it more likely to stay off.

Plan for day 10 is phase 2, which starts to introduce meat back into the diet. Its a 90 day plan.

You're missing the point.

What are you going to do once you're done with this particular scheme which has an end date? What's your plan to actually sustain any weight loss you might achieve? Your plan is tantamount to losing some weight quickly with no idea how to actually BE at a healthy weight after that.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    OP, please relieve yourself from this torture. Please take when it's said on here that just about any weight you lose in the first 10 days will be water weight. You reintroduce any carbs back in, the water weight will return. The influx will likely discourage, and like MANY before you, you may quit before the year even begins AGAIN.
    You want to lose weight...........................just learn how to count calories. I can promise you that if you eat less than you burn on a consistent basis, weight loss will happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png